• Steelers

2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

9/24 : Steelers (2-0) at Bears (0-2) | 12 pm CDT | CBS

Have to make a flight.

This is what I can do.

Go bears!

Trying to get the bad taste washed out from last Sundayís ugly road loss wonít be easy but turning the page to the next opponent is a good way to start.

Unfortunately, the schedule isnít going to give the Bears many breaks this year and Sunday will be no different. The Bears will host the 2-0 Pittsburgh Steelers on the lakefront.

The Steelers are expected to be a playoff team poised to make a deep run once again. With players such as Ben Roethlisberger, LeíVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, Cameron Heyward, Ryan Shazier and Stephon Tuitt itís no surprise they are one of the NFLís best teams.

The Bears are 7.5 point underdogs according to Bovada and after the teamís performance a week ago, that isnít really surprising.

Pittsburgh Steelers

SB Nation site: Behind The Steel Curtain

Record: 2-0 (1st in AFC North)

Last week: 26-9 win over the Minnesota Vikings

Bears all-time record against: 17-8-1

Historical match ups: The Bears and Steelers are two of the more storied franchises in the history of the NFL. But since they have been in separate conferences since the merger of the AFL and NFL in 1970 they havenít played very often.

The Steelers, pre-Super Bowl era, were not a great franchise either. The Bears won the first 10 match ups between the squads by a combined score of 284-65 with three shutouts.

One of the more interesting games between the two came in 1995 when the 6-2 Bears hosted the 4-4 Steelers. In a back-and-forth game with some defensive plays (the QBs combined for five interceptions), the Steelers won a close game 37-34 in overtime.

A better result was the...

Last meeting: A 40-23 Bears win in Week 3 2014. I did not watch that game because I was returning from my honeymoon. I do remember stopping at every TV in OíHare airport to see the score and try to get a feel for what was happening. Ashley, my wife of eight days, just wanted me to pick it up so we could get home.

The Bears held a 24-10 lead at halftime and the Steelers actually got within four points early in the fourth quarter but with a 27-23 lead, Jay Cutler and the Bears went on a nearly five minute 74-yard drive capped with a 17-yard touchdown pass from Cutler to Earl Bennett.

On the next drive, Lance Briggs sacked Roethlisberger and he fumbled which was scooped up by Julius Peppers for a touchdown and then the Steelers turned it over on downs. In their final possession, Roethlisberger threw an interception to Chris Conte and the Bears came back to Chicago 3-0.

Injury report: The Steelers are dealing with as many issues as the Bears:

These players were were limited participants:

Bud Dupree (Shoulder)
    Stephon Tuitt (Biceps)
    T.J. Watt (Groin)
    These players did not participate:

Marcus Gilbert (Hamstring)
    Darrius Heyward-Bey (Illness)
    Jesse James (Ankle)
    Maurkice Pouncey (Illness)
    Ben Roethlisberger (Non-injury related)
    Finally, J.J. Wilcox was a full participant as he recovers from a concussion.

Offense: The Steelers rank 11th in the league in points (23.5) and 16th in yards (312.5).

The passing offense ranks 11th in passing yards per game (244) but 29th in rushing (68.5).

The passing attack is led by Roethlisberger and his weapons, which are plentiful. It starts with Antonio Brown, who already has 16 receptions and 244 yards but no touchdowns yet. Second on the team is tight end Jesse James who has 10 receptions, 68 yards and two touchdowns. Followed by LeíVeon Bell (7/19/0), Eli Rogers (6/54/0) and speed threat Martavis Bryant who is averaging 21 yards per catch (5/105/1). Second round pick JuJu Smith-Schuster is lurking with a touchdown to go with three catches for 16 yards.

The rushing attack is led by Bell, who missed all of training camp and offseason activities while trying to get a new contract. Heís come back rusty, averaging just 3.2 yards per carry (37/119/0). Heís spelled by James Conner (5/20/0).

Defense: The Steelers, much like the Bears, are known for their great defenses and running backs and this yearís squad is shaping up to fit with the defensive history.

The Steelers rank third overall in yards per game allowing 237 and rank sixth in points allowed per game with 13.5. They are allowing 163 passing yards per game, good for fifth in the league and eighth against the run, allowing 74 yards per game, a 3.3 average and two TDs. Opposing QBs have one TD, one INT and a 73.7 rating against them.

In just two games the Steelers have racked up nine sacks, good for the second most in the league, tied with Kansas City. Anthony Chickillo and T.J. Watt each have two while Vince Williams, Cameron Heyward, Bud Dupree, Vince Williams, Joe Haden and Javon Hargrove each have one.

Watt has the squadís only INT so far but Haden, Artie Burns and veteran William Gay are holding down the defensive backfield.

Key match ups: The offensive line is going to have to come up big here to keep Mike Glennon upright and comfortable in the pocket. With his immobility being an issue and the line in front of him dealing with a number of injuries, this is going to be a huge match up.

If the offensive line can hold its own and open some running lanes, the Bears can control the clock and slow the game down.

On defense, itís going to be about the secondary controlling Antonio Brown and bottling up LeíVeon Bell. While Bell hasnít had a big game yet as he works his way back into a rhythm after a long offseason away, he is too good of a player to ignore. The Bears have done all right against opposing backs, allowing 90.5 yards per game and two touchdowns.

What to watch for: The Markus Wheaton revenge game? He and Kendall Wright are about all the Bears have in their receiving corps, if they can stretch the field at all it would keep the Steelers from just stacking the box and blitzing against Glennon.

For the defense it will be about staying in position and maintaining discipline against the Steelersí many weapons. Will Leonard Floyd show up? How about week one Akiem Hicks? Those are the players the Bears need to see more from.

Key stats: The Bears have two passing plays of 20+ yards, tied with the San Francisco 49ers and Houston Texans for the second-least in the league behind Tampa Bay, who has played one game.

The Bears have won the last two games against the Steelers.

The Bears have lost their last three home games.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

45-3 Steelers

Antonio Brown with 37 catches, 352 yards and 5 TDs.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    34 to 10 is my prediction.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

38-10 Steelers

Fox continues his perfect September run ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Long , Prince and Wheaton full practice

9/24 : Steelers (2-0) at Bears (0-2) | 12 pm CDT | CBS

Bears 2-1 vs Big Ben , wins came via Cutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Just stay that way till mitch gets a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Freeman, Meredith and Trubsiky playing along with those guys would look real nice.

74 to 7 Steelers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Watching the Rams last night (and a bit in Week 1), I hope the plan with Trubisky stays somewhat intact.

Goff was in a similar spot with Jeff Fisher. An old school, lame duck Head Coach (who, ironically, Fox reached out to before the season for advice on dealing with a Rookie QB) that is simply a placeholder until the right staff is in place. Sean McVay & Les Snead put more weapons around Goff (Watkins, Kupp, healthy Gurley) and tailored the game plans to his strengths. As a result he's been one of the more impressive QB's in the league early on.

A good QB can hide a lot of deficiencies, and this team still has plenty. If I'm Pace, this next offseason is all about putting as much talent around Trubisky as possible and IDGAF if he needs to go out of his comfort zone and overpay for some of these players. Oh, and Watkins happens to be a FA... maybe go after that guy, he's a monster when healthy.

I can only hope that Trubisky and the Bears are having similar success as Goff and the Rams early on next year.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Goff looked pretty good last night, Hoyer looked like ... Hoyer, but he looked better than Glennon.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Watching the Rams last night (and a bit in Week 1), I hope the plan with Trubisky stays somewhat intact.

Goff was in a similar spot with Jeff Fisher. An old school, lame duck Head Coach (who, ironically, Fox reached out to before the season for advice on dealing with a Rookie QB) that is simply a placeholder until the right staff is in place. Sean McVay & Les Snead put more weapons around Goff (Watkins, Kupp, healthy Gurley) and tailored the game plans to his strengths. As a result he's been one of the more impressive QB's in the league early on.

A good QB can hide a lot of deficiencies, and this team still has plenty. If I'm Pace, this next offseason is all about putting as much talent around Trubisky as possible and IDGAF if he needs to go out of his comfort zone and overpay for some of these players. Oh, and Watkins happens to be a FA... maybe go after that guy, he's a monster when healthy.

I can only hope that Trubisky and the Bears are having similar success as Goff and the Rams early on next year.

This and imo Trubisky was a better QB in nearly every way than Goff coming out. Maybe Jim Bob Cooter will be our McVay.

My gut tells me that this one could get ugly, but I'm gonna give Glennon the benefit of the doubt one more time. If he can even spread the field a little by at least attempting to throw the ball in the intermediate-deep ranges (we have Weaton back, use him) and take some pressure off of Howard, our run game can be dangerous any time (looks like we may also have Long back). If we control the clock, I could see us sticking in the game similarly to week 1. Ultimately however, I see this being another game where our secondary and inconsistent pass rush get exploited. We may contain Bell decently, but I don't see us keeping the Ben-Brown connection in tact. I'm gonna say 35-21 Steelers. It could be even worse if the offense gives another abortion of a performance (looking at you Glennon).

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Don't forget about getting a legit LT in whitworth.. They really helped build that team around him well. A lot of play makers at receiver. Watkins. Woods and Kupp have all been rock solid. Running the ball hard especialy in the redzone to protect him. And now. As opposed to having a dog **** line. (Kinda where we are ending up injury wise) they actually have some abikity to drop back and scan the feild.

Throwing mitch in this year is Kinda like throwing goff in last year. Our run game is strugling. Our line is beat. And our receivers might actually be worse than theirs last season. So i agree. I don't expect it. But it would be nice to not get mitch beaten up. Or worse hurt. Plus. A few bad games and the word bust will be tossed around by the media like its his middle name

The Bears are going to win a game they are not supposed to, and it wouldn't surprise me if this is that game.

10-6 final. Just cause.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast