Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this deal. My caution is rooted in the hopes they have something more substantial planned for the off-season. This is a good deal for the Jays in a clear area of need heading into next year. The arms I'd prefer to see them pursue were always highly unlikely options. Hopefully they infest heavily in a quality corner OF this off-season though if the intention is to compete next year.

I wouldn't to surprised if they didn't make a big splash this off season. The way this team is set up I don't see them adding any real big FA's unless it was someone like Otani. Be nice if they go all out for a Darvish or Martinez type but I think they are only gonna sign a big deal for pieces that will be effective for a compete or rebuild team.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I wouldn't to surprised if they didn't make a big splash this off season. The way this team is set up I don't see them adding any real big FA's unless it was someone like Otani. Be nice if they go all out for a Darvish or Martinez type but I think they are only gonna sign a big deal for pieces that will be effective for a compete or rebuild team.
    I don't expect one either. They're likely to let the 4 kids battle it out for RF. Pearce in left. Maybe some insurance at 2b. A backup C and some bullpen pieces.

Estrada and Brett Anderson will be this offseasons morales and pearce

I wished Estrada had moved on. He's too unpredictable

He said in his presser that he knows exactly what the issue was. It was not baseball related. Something personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I wished Estrada had moved on. He's too unpredictable
    After back to back solid seasons I admit he was absolute trash for 2 months but I wouldn't call him unpredictable. He had an awful stretch but then the bad starts started becoming fewer and fewer. He's looking like he'll finish the season strong too. Right now I assume he'll be the #3 or #4 for next year and I have no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He said in his presser that he knows exactly what the issue was. It was not baseball related. Something personal.
    To be honest, I'm not surprised.

OMG, Im not saying he isnt a good starter, im just saying if the team wants to get better and Money isnt a concern there are better options available...and there's no guarantee that Estrada's best isnt behind him. I hope that its not the case, but 2 months as a barely serviceable pitcher can raise questions. He was sitting on a 5.52 ERA with a .270/.340/.492 opponent's batting line on July 21. thats better than half the season and only a fool would ignore the possibility,

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. It was 2 months and seems like he's back on track.

The starting unit could be really good next year barring health of course
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Are there any options involved?

Report: Jays nearing an extension with Estrada

I don't think so. A deal that works for both sides. I'm sure Estrada can score another 2-3 year deal if he has a solid year and if not then the Jays move on.

YAnks a big test for him next start

Still wish we coulda traded Estrada for a prospect or something then just signed him in the offseason. But we got him back so only a potential prospect lost.

I don't hate it since it's only 1 year. I would have been ok with Biag getting the spot. I wonder if that's possible still. I was hoping they were going to aim higher. I'm curious who gets the last spot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast