Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How far do the Rockets go if they get Melo?

How far do you think this team would make it? I think it would be a very fun team to watch.

CP3/Brown
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Mbah a Moute
    Melo/Tucker
    Capela/Nene

Could the give the Warriors a run for their money or maybe beat them? Do they play a team USA style of ball? Do you like my new sig?

What they giving up assets wise to dump Anderson? Knicks breakdown and just take Anderson or what?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    What they giving up assets wise to dump Anderson? Knicks breakdown and just take Anderson or what?
    Any picks/young players plus Anderson. Maybe get a 3rd team involved. I'm just saying IF they get him how good will they be.

How far do the Rockets go if they get Melo?

Better than Wade could ever be. In fact Harden is better than Wade ever was.

from WaDe03

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Better than Wade could ever be. In fact Harden is better than Wade ever was.

from WaDe03
    Haha stop the nonsense, he's not even close.

Why do Bulls fans hate Wade so much lol? Is it because he knocked you all out of the playoffs every year?

They're better without him (Melo that is, I don't know why Wade and Ball come up in every thread).

I don't feel he will be a great fit in Houston. I actually think Portland would work out best for Melo

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't feel he will be a great fit in Houston. I actually think Portland would work out best for Melo
    I like the mix in Houston because they could throw out a bunch of different solid defensive groups to balance out Harden and melos lack of defense.

With the Blazers I think their defense would be horrible but they would definitely be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    They're better without him (Melo that is, I don't know why Wade and Ball come up in every thread).
    They like to throw jabs at me.

As for Melo, why do you think they would be better? In the playoffs you need all the star power you can get, the more guys who can take over a game the better.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    They like to throw jabs at me.

As for Melo, why do you think they would be better? In the playoffs you need all the star power you can get, the more guys who can take over a game the better.
    Except Melo is not a star. He is not good. He's an average scorer who gets to take as many shots as he wants to get his ppg up.

Regular season he won't be a nice a fit as people are saying, but in the playoffs, if you have him as your 3rd option, that's pretty gold. He won't have to force his game in the playoffs as he did with the knicks. He is still a handful to guard when you need a bucket against tighter defenses. Not too many can create the looks he can against strong defenses. For me, he will be more helpful in the playoffs like Kyrie. They need to find a way to help on defense though. But Rox are better in the playoffs with him vs. Rhyno.

I think Melo would be great for HOU so they can stagger playing time and rest everyone more. We talk about how with Harden/CP3 they will line up rotations so one is always on the court. If you add Melo to the mix you can make that where you have 2 of the 3 guys on the court at once for the whole game that way you have two guys that can go one on one if you need them to at all times.

The problem with Melo is that he doesn't bring anything else to the table. So in the playoffs once guys are extended and he's playing with Harden/CP3 for basically the whole game he becomes mostly just a spot up shooter since you're not going to consistently put the ball in his hands over theirs on set plays. And as a spot-up shooter Anderson is better. Melo can attack close-outs better and even though he sucks on defense I have to think he can be better than Anderson. So he'll be an improvement but with the personnel they have it'd be dumb to let him consistently run ISO and that's the only thing he really does all that well.

So basically I think he'll help them in the regular season by offering more rest for Harden/CP3 but come playoff time I think his impact will be reduced.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Except Melo is not a star. He is not good. He's an average scorer who gets to take as many shots as he wants to get his ppg up.
    I think a guy like Klay will put up nice shooting pct but when defenses clamp down in the playoffs inconsistency shows. If Melo is the third option on a playoff teams coaches will be losing sleep IMO, just because of his scoring arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I think a guy like Klay will put up nice shooting pct but when defenses clamp down in the playoffs inconsistency shows. If Melo is the third option on a playoff teams coaches will be losing sleep IMO, just because of his scoring arsenal.
    His scoring arsenal is going one on one on a high volume of plays but being relatively inefficient at it and being a good, not great spot-up shooter. In the playoffs you're going to play top 5ish players like Harden/CP3 for 40 minutes each which is like all the game. And I can't imagine why you'd ever run a set play for Melo to go one on one with those two much better options on the floor. If he's consistently doing anything more than spot-up shooting (which again he isn't anything special at) then HOU's coaching staff are idiots.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast