Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    I'd go hard after Trai Turner, if he makes it to FA. He'd solidify one G spot. We can see what we have in Tomlinson this year, and if he shows something he can compete for a starting spot next year. Kilgore can be upgraded on as well, but with Garnett and Tomlinson both being very smart guys they could possibly be groomed as a C as well. Add in a 4th round pick and allow the 4 to compete for 2 spots. I'd also like to see what Magnuson has, I liked him when we signed him as an UDFA. When we get to a point where were completely out of contention i'd be mad if he isn't given a shot, in a lost year anyway.

''Sig by Johnle''

Welp, just seen that Turner signed an extension in July. The Panthers other guard, Andrew Norwell, is a FA though, and is also very talented. The Giants also have Justin Pugh, at guard, and Weston Richburg, at center, who are both FA's next year and might only be able to keep one, either one would be nice targets for us. Travis Swanson, center for the Lions, is also a FA and Detroit would be dumb to let him go, he's very good.

After seeing what Alex Mack did for him in Atlanta, I'm sure Shanny values the C position quite a bit and would have no problem tossing some of our abundance of cap space at Swanson or Richburg.

''Sig by Johnle''

I'm stoked for the next draft and FA class. We've been missing a top tier QB and WR combo since way back to Garcia and TO. That will certainly be remedied next offseason.

Top options in no particular order

QB
    FA - Cousins
    Darnold
    Rosen
    Allen

WR
    FA - Robinson
    FA - Pryor
    FA - Jeffery
    Sutton
    Kirk
    Brown
    Ridley

Unfortunately for him, I think we will move on from Bowman next off season. It's sad to say, but he's become a 2 down player due to injuries and quite frankly not worth the money he's still owed. Reuben Foster is obviously the future at the position and Malcolm Smith will be back next year, is better than Bowman in coverage, quite a bit cheaper and not a bad fit next to Foster. A sad reality but a likely one IMO.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Unfortunately for him, I think we will move on from Bowman next off season. It's sad to say, but he's become a 2 down player due to injuries and quite frankly not worth the money he's still owed. Reuben Foster is obviously the future at the position and Malcolm Smith will be back next year, is better than Bowman in coverage, quite a bit cheaper and not a bad fit next to Foster. A sad reality but a likely one IMO.
    Only one game in, it's too early for me to give an opinion on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Like R&G said we have to see what Garnett and Tomlinson do for us. If they both look bad then Turner becomes a must. I'm ok with Kilgore at C. Trent Brown looks to be the best RT in Football, or at least one of them.

No one is giving us a 2nd rounder for Staley. If they were he would have been traded last year before the deadline. I would also like to see him stay and retire a 49er. He's still a good LT. He's not elite, or one of the best anymore.
    We won't know what we have in Garnett come free agency or the draft. Garnett is out for the season. If Tomlinson plays well, we'll still have a need at OG as SF can also use an upgrade over Fusco.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    We won't know what we have in Garnett come free agency or the draft. Garnett is out for the season. If Tomlinson plays well, we'll still have a need at OG as SF can also use an upgrade over Fusco.
    That's true, I think if Garnett is still in the plans and Tomlinson pans out, it'll reduce the level in which they invest. If not then it'll likely increase where or how much they put into it.

Garnett will have had time to work with the coaches more by then ... they'll have more of an idea who he is by then. That said, I can see them drafting a G/C regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger:31850443
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Only one game in, it's too early for me to give an opinion on that.
    I think it's pretty obvious at this point. He's still a great rum stopper but he doesn't move as well as he used to.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Garnett will have had time to work with the coaches more by then ... they'll have more of an idea who he is by then. That said, I can see them drafting a G/C regardless.
    Umm, no. Players on injured reserve are not allowed to practice. They might be able to communicate with him, but won't be able to see him on a practice field or in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    That's true, I think if Garnett is still in the plans and Tomlinson pans out, it'll reduce the level in which they invest. If not then it'll likely increase where or how much they put into it.
    Agreed. I wasn't big on picking Garnett but I gave the benefit of the doubt. I was hoping to get Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith or Jarran Reed. Hindsight being what it is. I was right lol. Anyways if I was to guess what goes on with Garnett is that we move on from him next year, and he goes on to beast somewhere else.

Umm, no. Players on injured reserve are not allowed to practice. They might be able to communicate with him, but won't be able to see him on a practice field or in a game.
    But he can work with the coaches away from practice. He's allowed in the building and he's allowed to work with trainers.

Rosen has looked amazing today

Nvm I jinxed it

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Nvm I jinxed it
    Tough throwing a late INT, but without him it's not even a ball game.

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast