Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Gore had a history that should have left him undrafted
    Yes and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick so we should just pick a QB in the 6th

Anecdotal evidence is just evidence that something CAN happen but not that it is likely to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He has potential, but needs to work on the drops.
    So did Jerry Rice. Let's give him some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick so we should just pick a QB in the 6th

Anecdotal evidence is just evidence that something CAN happen but not that it is likely to happen again.
    I'm just saying, you mentioned who knows about future potential injuries, but actual injuries didnt have any bearing for Gore. I don't believe Barkley has missed any time thus far, so there isn't even a history to worry about.

I'm just saying, you mentioned who knows about future potential injuries, but actual injuries didnt have any bearing for Gore. I don't believe Barkley has missed any time thus far, so there isn't even a history to worry about.
    Other than the history of RBs as a group having shorter careers.

Jerry Rice played at a high level at 40 years old, most WRs fall off around 33. 33 is a much better bet that 40 for the end of a WRs pro career.

Other than the history of RBs as a group having shorter careers.

Jerry Rice played at a high level at 40 years old, most WRs fall off around 33. 33 is a much better bet that 40 for the end of a WRs pro career.
    Well yeah, but the average career is also, what, 3.5 years or something like that? I mean why sign anyone to an extension after their rookie deals lol.

A high college work load plus an injury history is usually a no no, but you can't be scared to take someone because he might not play as long as another player. That other player could end up having a string of concussions or acl tears, nothing's for certain.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 10-20-2017 at 11:40 PM.

A RB in Kyle's system would also likely take less overall damage as a traditional RB. It's more runs outside, they tend to keep a good rotation of a backup in to keep the lead back strong, and they pass enough to take the pressure off. Now, take someone like Elliot in Dallas, he's already seeing over 350 touches as a rookie. Freeman for Atlanta had about 280. Now that may not seem like a lot, but over 5 seasons, Elliot would have a whole seasons more on his back.

Well yeah, but the average career is also, what, 3.5 years or something like that? I mean why sign anyone to an extension after their rookie deals lol.

A high college work load plus an injury history is usually a no no, but you can't be scared to take someone because he might not play as long as another player. That other player could end up having a string of concussions or acl tears, nothing's for certain.
    I agree that nothing is certain. The odds say RBs are a bad idea in the first, and I would avoid it if RB is not the last hole on a team.

49ers best drafted RBs in modern era:
    Roger Craig, 2nd round
    Ricky Watters, 2nd round
    Frank Gore, 3rd round

49ers 1st round pick RBs in modern era:
    Earl Cooper (started 32 games at FB in 3 years)
    Terrence Flagler (started 1 game in 3 years for 49ers)
    Dexter Carter (started just 20 games)
    William Floyd (4 years for 49ers)

What the 49ers RB draft history shows us is that 1st round picks don't meet the arbitrary bust/not bust standard for 1st round picks of starting for 5 years.

A RB in Kyle's system would also likely take less overall damage as a traditional RB. It's more runs outside, they tend to keep a good rotation of a backup in to keep the lead back strong, and they pass enough to take the pressure off. Now, take someone like Elliot in Dallas, he's already seeing over 350 touches as a rookie. Freeman for Atlanta had about 280. Now that may not seem like a lot, but over 5 seasons, Elliot would have a whole seasons more on his back.
    True, but if a RB was taken 2nd overall chances are they'd get more touches.

To be clear, I think Barkley would be great for the 49ers ... I just don't think he's worth the price in the draft pick and in the loss of another valuable position player.

(p.s. Fournette may miss this week)
    Last edited by Scoots; 10-21-2017 at 02:07 PM.

True, but if a RB was taken 2nd overall chances are they'd get more touches.

To be clear, I think Barkley would be great for the 49ers ... I just don't think he's worth the price in the draft pick and in the loss of another valuable position player.

(p.s. Fournette may miss this week)
    It basically boils down to Key vs Barkley IF we have the QB situation ironed out. The OT position has dropped off a cliff with injuries and guys saying they'll go back, QB is taken care of, and there really isnt a top 3 WR like Julio, so essentially (IMO) you weigh those last two guys.

Key is really good, but not Garrett good. If Barkley has a good game tonight, his stock will be in the stratosphere.

Or they trade back, but can't count on that.

It basically boils down to Key vs Barkley IF we have the QB situation ironed out. The OT position has dropped off a cliff with injuries and guys saying they'll go back, QB is taken care of, and there really isnt a top 3 WR like Julio, so essentially (IMO) you weigh those last two guys.

Key is really good, but not Garrett good. If Barkley has a good game tonight, his stock will be in the stratosphere.

Or they trade back, but can't count on that.
    I agree ... if it comes down to Barkley or Key and it's the 2nd pick ... I hope they can trade back.

Williams can make it back this year and may make it back up top a top 5 pick. Not that I think he'd be a 49ers priority. At WR I like Sutton but he's not worth a top 15 pick. Maybe McFadden after a trade down?

Williams can make it back this year and may make it back up top a top 5 pick. Not that I think he'd be a 49ers priority. At WR I like Sutton but he's not worth a top 15 pick. Maybe McFadden after a trade down?
    McFadden or Wallace would be decent gets for the CB position IMO

So yeah, within 5 mins he's got 3/89/2 against the #1 defense in CFB...

McFadden or Wallace would be decent gets for the CB position IMO
    But probably not top 5.

But probably not top 5.
    No, def not

Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast