Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1764
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Another 4th round TE? Take a look at Mike Gesicki.
    Yes, only other bright spot on Penn States offense.

1st-Marcus Davenport - DE
    2nd-James Daniels - OC/G
    3rd-Equanimeous St. Brown WR
    3rd-DJ Calhoune - LB
    4th-Mike Gesicki - TE
    I'd be very happy with that.

Christian Campbell CB Penn State 6005 192 8 5/8 32 1/2 80

80" wingspan on a 6ft guy? Are you kidding me?
    Yeah, that's nuts

Dont really know much about Davenport, is he a polished pass rusher or is the hype centered around his measureables?

''Sig by Johnle''

With a hot team and the money we have to spend this offseason I dont see why we cant go into the draft with no major needs. Right now CB & OL are the 2 biggest concerns, positions like Edge, ILB, WR, and RB can all be helped. Edge can be considered a major need but when healthy we can generate a lot of pressure from inside already, and a better Edge would only help that. If Lynch can work his magic in FA we could address all these needs pre draft. The guys I like from our positions of need in FA are

CB- Johnson (fits the build and has the talent to be good in our system)
    CB- Maxwell (would add depth to a shallow group and knows the system well)
    C- Ryan Jensen (instant upgrade and young)
    G-Andrew Norwell or Pugh (cheaper)
    WR- Taylor Gabriel (adds solid depth at slot)
    RB- Isaiah Crowell (Shanny helped draft him to Cleveland and he had 8 TDs as a rookie under shanny)
    ILB- Mason Foster (Solid depth guy we can get cheap)
    EDGE- Barkevious Mingo (another cheap depth guy that could use his athleticism to be decent on 3rd and long)

With those pick ups we will have depth and be wide open to draft anyone thats on the board. EDGE would still be on the priority list but if we get a guy at 9 or 10 to play the EDGE we could use the rest of the draft to improve the overall roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Dont really know much about Davenport, is he a polished pass rusher or is the hype centered around his measureables?
    Yes. You don't know much about him because he went to the University of Texas-San Antonio.

The first article I seen of Davenport compared him to Ziggy Ansah, which is pretty encouraging, Ill have to look into him some more

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    With a hot team and the money we have to spend this offseason I dont see why we cant go into the draft with no major needs. Right now CB & OL are the 2 biggest concerns, positions like Edge, ILB, WR, and RB can all be helped. Edge can be considered a major need but when healthy we can generate a lot of pressure from inside already, and a better Edge would only help that. If Lynch can work his magic in FA we could address all these needs pre draft. The guys I like from our positions of need in FA are

CB- Johnson (fits the build and has the talent to be good in our system)
    CB- Maxwell (would add depth to a shallow group and knows the system well)
    C- Ryan Jensen (instant upgrade and young)
    G-Andrew Norwell or Pugh (cheaper)
    WR- Taylor Gabriel (adds solid depth at slot)
    RB- Isaiah Crowell (Shanny helped draft him to Cleveland and he had 8 TDs as a rookie under shanny)
    ILB- Mason Foster (Solid depth guy we can get cheap)
    EDGE- Barkevious Mingo (another cheap depth guy that could use his athleticism to be decent on 3rd and long)

With those pick ups we will have depth and be wide open to draft anyone thats on the board. EDGE would still be on the priority list but if we get a guy at 9 or 10 to play the EDGE we could use the rest of the draft to improve the overall roster.
    Great choice with Mingo. Forgot all about him
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Great choice with Mingo. Forgot all about him
    Mingo would be a good fit at SAM linebacker. I don't see him as a good option for LEO.

Agreed on Mingo. I think hed be an interesting guy at SAM LB, he has the athleticism and could slide to DE in nickel. Hes worth a flier.

As far as free agent CBs, Im not a big fan of Malcolm Butler or Trumaine Johnson. Both are overrated and will be overpaid. Id rather have Fuller, Patrick Robinson, or Aaron Colvin.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Agreed on Mingo. I think hed be an interesting guy at SAM LB, he has the athleticism and could slide to DE in nickel. Hes worth a flier.

As far as free agent CBs, Im not a big fan of Malcolm Butler or Trumaine Johnson. Both are overrated and will be overpaid. Id rather have Fuller, Patrick Robinson, or Aaron Colvin.
    I really like Butler. Personally, I think he's probably the best CB in free agency. Johnson might be a little overrated, but he's still a very good CB. I like all the other guys that you named, however, I think Colvin is best suited in nickel and not really a need for us with K'Waun playing well.

I would like Colvin on the team as a back up for both CB and NB positions. But he would probably price out of that role for us

Idk, Ive just never seen Johnson or Butler as lockdown CBs, which is how they will be paid. I know Colvin has played nickel the last couple of years but I think he could play outside, and has before. Hed be a bit of a gamble but if the prices get too high on other guys, hed be worth a gamble imo. The connection to Saleh doesnt hurt either. Kyle Fuller is by far and away the best option though, hes as good if not better than anyone else on the market and hes still young.

An interesting guy we havent talked about though is Rahsaan Melvin. Hes been a journeyman his whole career, but before he was hurt, pff has him rated as an above average CB. Hes also 62, so he has the size Saleh seems to covet.

''Sig by Johnle''

Johnson is a perfect fit for this defense
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Johnson is a perfect fit for this defense
    Absolutely. Im just not sure hes worth the 13M/YR hell likely receive. I trust our decision makers though.