Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Ugh, gonna be a long wait for FA. Getting tired of what if scenarios, wanna get things rolling.
    Break your fingers!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

1. CB
    2. Edge
    3. G
    4. WR
    5. C
    6. MLB
    7. OT

I think we can be ok with, but NEED an upgrade at the following:

1. Edge (Armstead at Leo)
    2. G (If we resign Fusco and Garnett can stay healthy)
    3. WR (If Garçon and Goodwin come back healthy)
    4. C (If we resign Kilgore)
    5. MLB (If Smith comes back healthy)
    6. OT (If Brown comes back healthy)

This leaves CB as our one spot we HAVE to address. My guess is this is where they spend their money to set up the draft board as BPA in all circumstances.

Ugh, gonna be a long wait for FA. Getting tired of what if scenarios, wanna get things rolling.
    So I'm scrolling through Facebook and saw a "what if" about how Dez might be done in Dallas and how the 9ers might be a good fit. Made me think hmmmm. I know we've tossed him around here from time to time... and although I'm not a huge fan of Dez, I admit, Dez, Garcon and Goodwin does sound like a good trio imo

Another stupid what if. If legion of boom is done, try to pry Richard Sherman away? I really hate that guy, but after his injury, etc.. Maybe on the cheap'ish?

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    Any chance Bowman comes back now that we are trending up with Jimmy. Also I read Crabtree was rumored to be released this offseason. Both would fill a need but both probably don’t have the best taste in there mouth about the franchise
    Bowman had too much of an ownership mentality. IMO he felt like this was "his" team, after being crowned king of our defense by Baalke $$$. He could've been a serious locker room cancer for Lynch and Shanahan if/when they make decisions he doesn't agree with (like cutting his playing time). Once that bridge is crossed I don't think there's any coming back.

Crabtree could come back seeing he has no conflict with the new regime but we dont need another possession WR, we already have Garcon. We need a huge redzone target to go with Garcon, Goodwin and Taylor. Either at WR or TE. I'd pass on Crabtree unless he took a CHEAP deal which isn't gonna happen. Talking like 3 million. He'll probably end up in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    So I'm scrolling through Facebook and saw a "what if" about how Dez might be done in Dallas and how the 9ers might be a good fit. Made me think hmmmm. I know we've tossed him around here from time to time... and although I'm not a huge fan of Dez, I admit, Dez, Garcon and Goodwin does sound like a good trio imo
    I saw that. I don't know if I'd like that or not. He's gone down hill the past couple years. I don't know if his mind isn't in it anymore or what. But he's very mediocre now.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I saw that. I don't know if I'd like that or not. He's gone down hill the past couple years. I don't know if his mind isn't in it anymore or what. But he's very mediocre now.
    Yeah, I keep going back and forth on it. Wonder if a change of scenery would do him good or not.

No to both Dez and Sherman. They don't fit what Shanahan and Lynch are trying to build here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    No to both Dez and Sherman. They don't fit what Shanahan and Lynch are trying to build here.
    Not sure what you mean by that. How so?

I say no to both as well. Sherm will be 30 by the time next year starts, Dez the same by next November. Neither has the same mystique about them at this point.

I would say yes to Sherman if the price was right. $13.2M is not the right price. $6 or $7M a year would be the right price and cheap for a corner of his caliber. With Dez Bryant, I'd on the fence but I would lean towards no. In 8 seasons, he's only had 3 good ones. A few of those were because of injuries, but for the most part, he hasn't looked all that dominant or reliable the last 3 years. 29 years old isn't old but there are younger and cheaper options out there.

I say no to both as well. Sherm will be 30 by the time next year starts, Dez the same by next November. Neither has the same mystique about them at this point.
    Garcon??? He's older and never really had mystique.

Sherman, I just don't care for. Question his effectiveness after his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I would say yes to Sherman if the price was right. $13.2M is not the right price. $6 or $7M a year would be the right price and cheap for a corner of his caliber. With Dez Bryant, I'd on the fence but I would lean towards no. In 8 seasons, he's only had 3 good ones. A few of those were because of injuries, but for the most part, he hasn't looked all that dominant or reliable the last 3 years. 29 years old isn't old but there are younger and cheaper options out there.
    Yeah, I would actually lean no myself, but wouldn't shut the door on either of them and would be ok if the 9ers pursued either... Although I really can't stand Sherman. Dez intrigues me more in that i wonder how he would perform with a change of scenery and with Jimmy G

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Garcon??? He's older and never really had mystique.

Sherman, I just don't care for. Question his effectiveness after his injury.
    Yeah but he's already here and I don't mind as much from a #2 WR, I know we have alot of cap space, but I don't want to waste it on guys we "might" get a few good years out of. As others have said, Dez has not had many great years and me personally, I've always seen Sherman as vastly over rated. I see alot more, younger, more promising options both in FA and the draft for both positions for a team looking to build.

Des is all about him and not the team. He'll be demanding the ball constantly. I wouldn't mind us getting tu Gabriel though. Shanahan knows how to use him, unlike Atlanta does right now

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast