Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    He might not be a natural fit for every offense, but if you look at the most successful young quarterbacks in the NFL this season (Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott), we see offenses that have been adjusted to fit their strengths. You can do that with Mayfield. His underneath accuracy hasn't shown up as a strength, but his mobility and toughness would work with Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco or John Morton and the New York Jets. He's athletic enough to run the scheme Tyrod Taylor runs in Buffalo. His downfield passing ability would even be a fit for Sean Payton in New Orleans.

Compared to the much-hyped 2018 quarterback class, where does Mayfield fit in? Said one scout, "I haven't studied them all yet, but I'd take [Baker] over [Wyoming's] Josh Allen. Don't underestimate the kid."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTfEDvVVwYE

Jakes new Baseball Card

49ers just acquired Garapollo, that certainly makes the draft more interesting. Curious where Cousins goes now

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    49ers just acquired Garapollo, that certainly makes the draft more interesting. Curious where Cousins goes now
    I think the 49ers could still use their first pick for qb and let him develop behind Garapollo. Best case, they have two legit starters, worst case, they are right where they are now.

I don't think Cousins gets out of Washington.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think the 49ers could still use their first pick for qb and let him develop behind Garapollo. Best case, they have two legit starters, worst case, they are right where they are now.

I don't think Cousins gets out of Washington.
    You are making the assumption they won't improve, plus they could trade that pick for a haul.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

You are making the assumption they won't improve, plus they could trade that pick for a haul.
    Absolutely. If they are bad, they can pull a ransom of that pick.

I absolutely think they can improve. I was just suggesting that they could still pick a young QB is they loved one of them. But the idea that they got a guy like Garaplollo for a second would lead one to think that they are not so high on any of the QBs in this draft and would rather risk it with him and like you said, trade their first pick or pick a great OL or Barkley...

Jakes new Baseball Card

Deshaun Watson out for season with torn ACL. "Non-contact." You just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Deshaun Watson out for season with torn ACL. "Non-contact." You just never know.
    I just saw that. That shite is heartbreaking.

Jakes new Baseball Card

The Jets need to draft a QB, no matter what it costs.

I agree.

Jakes new Baseball Card

The Jets need to draft a QB, no matter what it costs.
    It's going to cost a lot, but I certainly see the value.

My alternative is Mcglinchy but I'm thinking we're going to miss out on him too. Appears Barkley will be long gone

Tbh the jets might not even have to make trade to get a qb like jackson or mayfield the way the nfl is shaking up. A lot of the teams with bad records already have their qb. Even if we fall between the 15-20 range in the draft we could still get a pretty good qb without making any trades. We're actually in a weird but great situation

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Tbh the jets might not even have to make trade to get a qb like jackson or mayfield the way the nfl is shaking up. A lot of the teams with bad records already have their qb. Even if we fall between the 15-20 range in the draft we could still get a pretty good qb without making any trades. We're actually in a weird but great situation
    I am all in on Mayfield. He may not have the ceiling but his floor is wayyyyy safer. All the kid does is win and he does it with zero D. He can make any throw. He's very athletic and his will is unquestionable.

Jakes new Baseball Card

And Mayfield just threw a ball 50 yards in the air off of his back foot

Jakes new Baseball Card

Im buying into Mayfield.. Hes my top qb on my board.. I also like the kid from NC State a lot.. Both should be there in the 2nd round for us..

Im not sold on Darnold Rosen or Allen, all seem to be projection type qbs which scare me..

I wouldnt mind taking Jackson in the first round and Mayfield in the second cause worse case scenario i see Jackson capable of being a hell of a receiver in the NFL..

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast