Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Let's just all keep this in perspective. I'm not telling everyone not to be upset. Scream. Punch a wall. Do what you gotta do. Go through your process. I've said numerous times I'm not happy with this and don't agree with how most of it went down.

I just hope at the end of the day you don't lose sight of the positives that are still here.
    There are some positives, it's not completely over, and the sky isn't falling...but the team sending back Lindblom on top of Sanheim...is pretty disappointing. As an organization. It won't be the end all for them, but it's certainly not going to help a team who's going to be on the playoff bubble to begin with. There were moves I could have lived with (Lehtera/Leier for example). But I'm really disappointed today. And that is disappointment in Dave Hakstol, but also with Ron Hextall who's job is to shape the roster, and this probably isn't the best roster config...in multiple ways. While it's impossible to say what will and won't occur on the season, and while no single decision can be blamed, if we miss the playoffs this year, I think some of the reason why may be able to be attributed to the initial roster. Doesn't mean I want Hextall fired or anything, but I was hoping for a little more here, too.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-01-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    So, while we're all a little disappointed to say the least about lindblom. Hextall has a point. Lindblom didn't force his way on the roster. Leier did. Patrick did. Even hagg did.

He's still holding up to his end, if a kid forces his way on, he'll make room. In this case leier forced lindblom down. It's not the end of the world. Hopefully lindblom tears up the A, and forces hexy to make a move.

As far as the dmen go, hopefully both sanheim and Morin get into the lineup for Wednesday and play lights out. That's exactly how amac got burried last time.

Provy-amac
    Hagg-gudas
    Morin-sanheim

Is hopefully the pairings on Wednesday. And no, I don't like amac there, but let's be honest, what else would Dave do?
    I'm disappointed, however, in that the team allows a handful of games to suddenly take precedent over things like talent, skillset, and past performance. It's not the end of the world by any means, but when it comes down to it, unless someone like Lindblom came in and absolutely crashed and burned, I'd prefer the team to not allow a 5 game sample size make up the decision. If you thought Lindblom was ready...he was ready. If you didn't think he was ready...then he wasn't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Lombardi needs to start making moves on Hextall's job. Honestly, it's going to take Hextall feeling like he could get fired before his "rebuild " ever hits the ice for him to do what needs to be done and fire Hakstol.

Do I want Dean Lombardi at the head of this organization? Hell no. But could be be a useful means to an end? Absolutely.

Knoblauch should be the coach and Hakstol should be taken out with the trash.

Also, why does AMac never get hurt? For the number of times he's sprawled out on the ice, you'd think he'd find his way to the injured list more often.
    HAHAHAHAHHA. this wass so funny. I cant stop laughing and totally agree. He flies around like a fish out of water and nothing

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    There are some positives, it's not completely over, and the sky isn't falling...but the team sending back Lindblom on top of Sanheim...is pretty disappointing. As an organization. It won't be the end all for them, but it's certainly not going to help a team who's going to be on the playoff bubble to begin with. There were moves I could have lived with (Lehtera/Leier for example). But I'm really disappointed today. And that is disappointment in Dave Hakstol, but also with Ron Hextall who's job is to shape the roster, and this probably isn't the best roster config...in multiple ways. While it's impossible to say what will and won't occur on the season, and while no single decision can be blamed, if we miss the playoffs this year, I think some of the reason why may be able to be attributed to the initial roster. Doesn't mean I want Hextall fired or anything, but I was hoping for a little more here, too.

I'm with you there. 100%.

In terms of Lindblom, it appears they were looking for him to produce more in the mold of a top 6 player, and they didn't feel they saw that from him right away, so they're looking for him to go down to the AHL and show it there.

Do I agree with that? No. Just saying what I've heard.

Frankly, I think coaches and GMs look too deeply into roles. They look for specific things when the bottom line is, they should be looking to put their very best 12 forwards and 6 defensemen out there and seeing how they best fit together.

Unfortunately that's not how it works. It's not how it works here, it's not how it works anywhere really.

Hopefully, Lindblom and Sanheim can do what they should do - dominate the AHL - and force Hextall to bring them back ASAP and force Hakstol to put them in the lineup on a regular basis.

It's not goodbye forever, it's see you soon.

I give it 15 games before hak is on the hot seat with that stupid bird look on his face like “guys ... why are we losing 3-1 again for the 10th game in a row after scoring first” ... “let’s try dale Weise on the top PP and top line, that should fix it!”

“When you look at a career of a young player, going to the minors is OK,” Hextall said. “It’s not a death sentence. You’re still a pro hockey player. You’re one injury [away] from a call-up.”

I am floored at this comment. I’m a big Hexy supporter because we haven’t seen drafting like this really ever and he does really well with trades. But this is a bit much when you’re essentially tipping your hat that roster spots were really not open because you’d like to move on from players via injury call-up so that it is more palatable for the organization.

So, while we're all a little disappointed to say the least about lindblom. Hextall has a point. Lindblom didn't force his way on the roster. Leier did. Patrick did. Even hagg did.
    I can accept this. I have a hard time accepting the fact that Manning or AMac forced much of anything, yet here we are. What exactly did Sanheim have to do to make this roster? I have to hope that Hextall is just giving Hakstol enough rope to hang himself so he can be fired. Hakstol has to go imo. He's shown nothing in the time he's been here.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

I had a dream last night that inspired the following story I have of the Flyers potential opening night roster situation:

Dave Hakstol and the players are on the beach. Hakstol is digging holes in the sand and throwing the players in the holes in teams. The teams are the current line combos and D pairs.

The Laughton and Ghost-Hagg teams need a way to get out. Hakstol brings them 5 ladders for them to use. They have no trouble at all.

The Couturier team needs a way to get out. Hakstol throws 3 jet packs down for each of them to use. It's a fun and easy way to get out, but it seems a bit drastic and unnecessary.

The Patrick and Gudas-Manning teams need a way to get out. Hakstol brings each of them a climbing rope to use. It's a relatively easy way out, but the problem is, Hakstol dug their hole close to the water. So every once in a while a wave comes and knocks them back down. It was tougher than it should have been, but they finally get out.

The Filppula and Provorov-AMac teams need a way to get out. Hakstol brings old, flimsy plastic shovels for them to use. They must use the shovels as picks to drag themselves out. Filppula and Weise decide to go first and Konecny follows them up. The whole way up Weise & Filppula are accidentally kicking sand in Konecny's face. Provorov then decides to go but AMac is scared, so Provorov throws AMac over his shoulders like a backpack. When they reach the top, they find Hakstol had left them a ladder, just out of the reach of the hole.

As they walk off the beach, they come across the largest hole of all. Hakstol had not dug this one. They look down to find Hextall, fashioning a device that will propel him out of the hole. When the device is finished, Hextall will have no problem at all ascending to safety; it's just going to take him a while, probably longer than it should.

I had a dream last night that inspired the following story I have of the Flyers potential opening night roster situation:

Dave Hakstol and the players are on the beach. Hakstol is digging holes in the sand and throwing the players in the holes in teams. The teams are the current line combos and D pairs.

The Laughton and Ghost-Hagg teams need a way to get out. Hakstol brings them 5 ladders for them to use. They have no trouble at all.

The Couturier team needs a way to get out. Hakstol throws 3 jet packs down for each of them to use. It's a fun and easy way to get out, but it seems a bit drastic and unnecessary.

The Patrick and Gudas-Manning teams need a way to get out. Hakstol brings each of them a climbing rope to use. It's a relatively easy way out, but the problem is, Hakstol dug their hole close to the water. So every once in a while a wave comes and knocks them back down. It was tougher than it should have been, but they finally get out.

The Filppula and Provorov-AMac teams need a way to get out. Hakstol brings old, flimsy plastic shovels for them to use. They must use the shovels as picks to drag themselves out. Filppula and Weise decide to go first and Konecny follows them up. The whole way up Weise & Filppula are accidentally kicking sand in Konecny's face. Provorov then decides to go but AMac is scared, so Provorov throws AMac over his shoulders like a backpack. When they reach the top, they find Hakstol had left them a ladder, just out of the reach of the hole.

As they walk off the beach, they come across the largest hole of all. Hakstol had not dug this one. They look down to find Hextall, fashioning a device that will propel him out of the hole. When the device is finished, Hextall will have no problem at all ascending to safety; it's just going to take him a while, probably longer than it should.
    Ha. Funny story and analogy

I can accept this. I have a hard time accepting the fact that Manning or AMac forced much of anything, yet here we are. What exactly did Sanheim have to do to make this roster? I have to hope that Hextall is just giving Hakstol enough rope to hang himself so he can be fired. Hakstol has to go imo. He's shown nothing in the time he's been here.
    look at our roster in 2016 because i have no idea how hakstol got a playoff appearance out of that sorry-*** group of trash.

i'd still drop hakstol for a 10 piece of mcnuggets, but there aren't many coaches who could have gotten more out of that roster than he did.

I love this.

I feel the team needs more jetpacks
    Last edited by txravis12; 10-02-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    look at our roster in 2016 because i have no idea how hakstol got a playoff appearance out of that sorry-*** group of trash.

i'd still drop hakstol for a 10 piece of mcnuggets, but there aren't many coaches who could have gotten more out of that roster than he did.
    Best goaltending tandem in the league that season. Probably had something to do with it

I love this.

I feel the team needs more jetpacks

Jet packs would be nice, but an easier, more realistic approach is to just give everyone ladders.

Jet packs would be nice, but an easier, more realistic approach is to just give everyone ladders.
    Jet packs are more fun to watch.

The real question is why didn't anyone bury amac at the bottom of that hole?

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

I think you're overpaying by about 9 mcnuggets.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930