Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Maybe woop the Panthers then go on to lose 15 games, while being very competitive. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    I'm torn between wanting a top 3 draft pick and wanting us to win 5 to 7 games this year. Heck, we may need a top 2 draft pick.

It's a good QB class in 2018 and we need a QB. If we end up winning a few games we can kiss Rosen/Darnold goodbye.
    If enough of the class declares I wouldn't worry too much. Still alot of options. Could trade up near the top, could move back into the 1st if 4-5 of them declare because one will always slip.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If enough of the class declares I wouldn't worry too much. Still alot of options. Could trade up near the top, could move back into the 1st if 4-5 of them declare because one will always slip.
    Ya, but the thought of drafting Rosen/Darnold at pick #2 in the draft while keeping both our second and third rounders makes me drool. lol

Week 1: Carolina Panthers @ San Francisco 49ers

Matchups to watch for today is Staley on Addison as he led them in sacks as the Panthers led the league in sacks last season. This will dictate the success of our offense imo. I would let Hyde run the ball as much as he can handle for Hoyer's sake. Our D will need to contain Cam as he literally own the Niners. Forget about trying to sack em, it's not gonna happen.

Don't see a win but I want to see improvements across the board especially on coverages and to minimize their big plays. You know there be a lot of go route to open up our coverages.

Let's have a good game Niners!

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Ya, but the thought of drafting Rosen/Darnold at pick #2 in the draft while keeping both our second and third rounders makes me drool. lol
    You also wanted us to draft either Goff or Lynch as our franchise QB. Do they still wish we'd have took them?

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    You also wanted us to draft either Goff or Lynch as our franchise QB. Do they still wish we'd have took them?
    Why are you so conflictive?

I didn't want Lynch in 2016. I wouldn't have sold the farm for Goff as the Rams did.

Ya, I think Shanahan could work with Goff. I think McVay will do a much better job crafting a viable offense compared to Jeff Fisher.

I'm a Cal fan so I've watched just about every game the last ten years. Goff isn't a bust. He struggled his rookie year at Cal too. He wasn't ready to start in the NFL and was thrown to the wolves in a ****** offense with a ****** head coach. It was the worst situation any rookie QB could've landed in.

I'd bet $500 Goff will improve this year. Give him a little time to pass and he can do damage. The Rams o-line should be better this year and they also have some new weapons. I think Goff will end up ranked around 15-20 at the end of the year (out of all starting QB's) and will improve more in 2018 after a full season in the new offense.

Also, ya, I'm hoping Jackson and Allen have great seasons along with Darnold/Rosen so some team wont feel the need to jump in front of us to take a QB.

If we land in the top 3 I feel confident we'll be able to get either Rosen or Darnold. If we don't get Cousins, Darnold or Rosen what will our team look like in 2018 and 2019?

IMO what we do at QB 2018 will make or break ShanaLynch's careers here in SF. As of now I think we have a good shot at a viable QB in 2018. I don't think wining 5 to 7 games will be worth missing out on a top QB in the draft.

If we can land Cousins then I hope we make the playoffs this year. LOL

If we somehow win enough games to put us in the 12-20 draft spot and don't get Cousins I'd look at Allen late first or Baker Mayfield late second/third round.

I wouldn't feel great about Mayfield in a Shanahan offense. He'd probably be a third round pick and would compete with Hoyer/Beathard. That would be an emergency plan. Not really ideal.

No Jimmie Ward or Aaron Lynch today.

''Sig by Johnle''

Lynch is always hurt dammit

Well, no pass rush off the edge and no FS roaming around. Cam will have an easier time passing up the middle to his TE. I think we'll do an OK job of stopping the run today but Cam will kill us mid to deep if given time to throw.

The only thing that could help our pass defense is the fact Cam hasn't played much in the preseason so he may be a tad rusty. I bet they come out rushing a lot early in the game. Will try to get Cam into a rhythm as the game plays out. He'll probably have a better second half.

Yeah, with no preseason play Cam should be rusty, but we'll see.

It's time!!!!!

Admittedly I have no paid much attention to the offseason, with Warriors basketball and work/life consuming my attention....what's the consensus on here?

Reasons to be optimistic?

Let's go 9ers!

Right through his hands :/

I thought other than the two flags and that dropped ball on the last play, that was a great drive.

Let's see if we can force a 3 and out here.

BIG run by Carlos Hyde!!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast