Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Peyton Manning wasn't a 6th round pick.

Give me Sam Darnold #1
    And he's not the best QB ever sooooo don't get your point.

QBs from top schools often have no idea what it's like to experience a pass rush or have guys who don't get separation on the defense every single play. And USC QBs don't have a great track record. If we don't get the #1 pick it's not the end of the world there are other guys out there.

Whoever the Jets inevitably draft at QB next year, I want to have demonstrated results in difficult circumstances. No more projects and no guys who have not faced and overcome some adversity.

Playing QB in the NFL is hard in general and especially hard in NYC. Need someone who is prepared to handle/embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Whoever the Jets inevitably draft at QB next year, I want to have demonstrated results in difficult circumstances. No more projects and no guys who have not faced and overcome some adversity.

Playing QB in the NFL is hard in general and especially hard in NYC. Need someone who is prepared to handle/embrace it.
    Thats why im scared of allen, he has struggled playing legit college teams, Rossen has not...

So far I like

1.Rossen
    2. Darnold
    3. Allen

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Thats why im scared of allen, he has struggled playing legit college teams, Rossen has not...

So far I like

1.Rossen
    2. Darnold
    3. Allen
    Just curious, what don't you like about Mayfield?

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

So far I like

1.Rossen
    2. Darnold
    3. Allen
    I love Mayfield. Guy has produced results and has faced big game situations and succeeded. I will take that and his less than ideal "prototypical" size over bums like Hack.

I don't dislike Mayfield, I was just talking about the consensus top 3 guys. I also get a Bryce Petty vibe from him, very similar in my eyes.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

I love Mayfield. Guy has produced results and has faced big game situations and succeeded. I will take that and his less than ideal "prototypical" size over bums like Hack.
    not taking anything away from mayfield, I think he could be good too. I dont think he is as ready as the top three guys though.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

not taking anything away from mayfield, I think he could be good too. I dont think he is as ready as the top three guys though.
    I don't think readiness is an issue for Mayfield. He has started 35 games.

Rosen has started 20. Darnold has started 14. Allen has started 17, and against inferior competition.

I don't think readiness is the issue for Mayfield. He has started 35 games.

Rosen has started 20. Darnold has started 14. Allen has started 17, and against inferior competition.
    I understand what you're saying, he just looks very Bryce Pettyish to me. If the jets draft him I wouldn't be mad I honestly theought we were talking about the consensus top three guys heading into the draft (so far)

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

I don't dislike Mayfield, I was just talking about the consensus top 3 guys. I also get a Bryce Petty vibe from him, very similar in my eyes.
    Right on. I understand now.
    I will be curious who those top three are at the end of the year.
    I would argue Mayfield has had much tougher competition than Bryce. I also think he's much smarter than Petty.
    I can see the similarity but I think Mayfield will be a good NFL QB.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-05-2017 at 09:52 PM.

I agree about picking a guy for his prototype. Mayfield just wins. Good arm, good athlete, good brain.

I believe Rosen installed a hot tub at his place of residence.

That's Joe Willie right there.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Right on. I understand now.
    I will be curious who those top three are at the end of the year.
    I would argue Mayfield has had much tougher competition than Bryce. I also think he's much smarter than Petty.
    I can see the similarity but I think Mayfield will be a good NFL QB.
    I like Baler Mayfield but he and Petty come from the Big 12. Oklahoma uses the Air Raid offense. Allen comes from a spread while Rosen and Darnold are from the pro style.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Also Mayfield is only 6'1".

He is poise and can sling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I like Baler Mayfield but he and Petty come from the Big 12. Oklahoma uses the Air Raid offense. Allen comes from a spread while Rosen and Darnold are from the pro style.
    Very true. I just don't think he should be left off the list of possibles

I was thinking about another post talking about trading the first pick of the draft for a boatload of picks. I agree with the theory of trading the number one pick. Especially if you could get a guy like him in the mid first.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast