Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Deondre Francois out for the year

The Tallahassee Democrat's Jim Henry reports that FSU redshirt sophomore QB Deondre Francois will miss the remainder of the season with a patella tendon injury.
    Francois injured his left knee while being sacked on a rollout during the fourth quarter of Saturday's loss to Alabama. He had his knee wrapped and was using crutches after the game. His loss is a crushing blow for the Seminoles, who had a National Championship-caliber team prior to his loss. With the redshirt sophomore out for the year, redshirt junior J.J. Cosentino will likely take over starting duties, at least if HC Jimbo Fisher and staff want an experienced hand. True freshman James Blackman finished out Saturday's game after Francois went down and would be another option if Fisher wants to try for the mystery box.
    via rotoworld

Yikes. Big loss for a team that I thought would be in the playoffs.

This really hurts their ability to win the ACC, much less make the playoffs. I believe I heard reports where Blackman will have first shot at replacing Francois, so not only is this leaving them with a true freshman at QB, but RB as well.

Blackman needs to be benched and Cosentino, Rizzo, or Hockman need to play.

So what the hell has happened to FSU? Losing Francois hurts but this team still has a lot of NFL quality talent. They should still be better than 2-4 (with the way the BC game looks, 2-5).

Even with him they were overated. Jimbo needs to step up and get them playing basic football. Just lost Cook to Georgia.