Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 199 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2971
    Can someone explain why MIL isn't a viable destination for LeBron? I think the Bucks have just as much if not more to offer than Philly or any other suitor.

Assuming it's about basketball not post-career endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    Can someone explain why MIL isn't a viable destination for LeBron? I think the Bucks have just as much if not more to offer than Philly or any other suitor.

Assuming it's about basketball not post-career endeavors.
    It's all about who has best chance for a ring. Giannis is a superstar, but LeBron, Embiid, Simmons, etc. > Giannis, Middleton, LeBron; Less holes in Philly than MKE. LeBron doesn't give two fu*** about a new arena. The Bucks don't have quality depth. Just bunch of guys. Boston, Philly, better chance coming out of East. No way Bucks have even close to as much to offer as Houston with Harden, Paul assuming he stays. Only thing going is conference easier to get to Finals. LBJ not going to Milwaukee.

It's also about endorsements, with Milwaukee being such a small market Bron won't bring in new endorsements. Whereas Philly, LA, Houston, and others are bigger markets.

Honestly, in todayís nba, I donít think location impacts endorsements that much. Lebron isnít coming to Milwaukee, but if youíre a star, thereís plenty of national endorsement opportunities.

I fell like being on one coast or the other would open some brands that are specific to a location as well as brand him globally better. People around the world don't know where Milwaukee is but they sure do know LA and the Lakers.

They donít know where okc is either but they all know who Westbrook is. Cleveland is bigger than Milwaukee, but itís still in the bottom half of media markets and Lebron has no issues. Even if you move outside of basketball, aaron Rodgers is as marketable as anyone in the nfl. And outside of maybe gronk, I think Clay Matthews probably has more national tv adds than any other non qb. Gronk, von Miller, and Odell are close.

Giannis is getting his own signature shoe this year, which is something that only 18 other current players (from a sports nation article from late 2017) have. The NBA is all about players and not about teams near as much anymore. Go to just about any city and youíll see kids running around in Steph and Lebron jerseys. If youíre a talented player, those opportunities will find you.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I don't think Jabari can do that on a consistent basis. Favors at least brings something to the Bucks roster that they haven't had in a while. An ability to score in the post and isn't a sieve defensively.
    I wouldn't mind the Favors sign and trade, but would prefer to target Julius Randle for Parker rather than Favors. Randle is still young and brings all the same elements as Favors. Lakers have never really valued him, although he played well for them this season, particularily in the 2nd half of the season.

Doubt the lakers are that interested in a sign and trade since theyíd likely be looking to clear cap room, not add salary if they are trading Randle.

And Randle and favors are fairly significantly different players. Randle is the better scorer and has slightly better rebound numbers, but favors is significantly better defensively, with twice the block rate and a comfortably better steal rate as well. Favors is a legit 5 who can defend the rim. Randle is an offensive first 4 who can rebound and play some 5, but not a regular center.

Curious how Parker fits in the fold if both him at Middleton are at SF mainly. Unless Bud's system can have Middleton back at SG? But doubt Middleton can keep up on defense at SG anymore. Unless we go small ball for center with either Giannis or Parker there in spurts depending on the teams we play? Other wise Parker stuck as 6th man? Doubt he will be happy with that.

Then he takes QO and bolts in a year. Still hope we land Dedmon with the MLE. Would be nice to land a SG through trade as well. Brogdon and Snell not to exciting at SG for my liking's. Then again with Bud on board with a whole new system we have to improve to 50 wins with our eyes closed hopefully. But the roster is still flawed. Weak bench. C,SG,PG all need upgrades. We cant stand pat.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Doubt the lakers are that interested in a sign and trade since theyíd likely be looking to clear cap room, not add salary if they are trading Randle.

And Randle and favors are fairly significantly different players. Randle is the better scorer and has slightly better rebound numbers, but favors is significantly better defensively, with twice the block rate and a comfortably better steal rate as well. Favors is a legit 5 who can defend the rim. Randle is an offensive first 4 who can rebound and play some 5, but not a regular center.
    Favors is only 26 and I would take a legit 5 that is the far better defender. Bucks need all the help on defense they can get.

It's all about who has best chance for a ring. Giannis is a superstar, but LeBron, Embiid, Simmons, etc. > Giannis, Middleton, LeBron; Less holes in Philly than MKE. LeBron doesn't give two fu*** about a new arena. The Bucks don't have quality depth. Just bunch of guys. Boston, Philly, better chance coming out of East. No way Bucks have even close to as much to offer as Houston with Harden, Paul assuming he stays. Only thing going is conference easier to get to Finals. LBJ not going to Milwaukee.
    I would take giannis and middleton over philly pair.
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I would take giannis and middleton over philly pair.
    OK. 1 percent chance LBJ comes to MKE. Sixers went to second round; MKE hasn't won a series in 17 years. Sixers have by far better roster and more roster flexibility.

OK. 1 percent chance LBJ comes to MKE. Sixers went to second round; MKE hasn't won a series in 17 years. Sixers have by far better roster and more roster flexibility.
    Sixers lost in 5 to Celtics, bucks took them to 7 games. You could argue that Bucks were an OT loss in game 1 away from Eastern Conference Finals.

Sixers have way more roster flexability and available money to spend though and I agree Lebron isn't coming to the Bucks.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 06-04-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Favors is only 26 and I would take a legit 5 that is the far better defender. Bucks need all the help on defense they can get.
    Didn't realise Favors was only 26. He looks and plays like an older player.

He was super young when he came out too. I think he was one of the youngest, if not the youngest guy in his draft, not that that means a ton.

I like favors as a player, and we could definitely do worse. But Iím not sure he moves the needle enough for me. Iíd almost rather ride Jabari out and see what he can become than sort of settle for favors, when itís fairly likely you can find a similar player, like a dedmon, for relatively cheap.

To me, favors makes us better, but doesnít reallt raise our long term potential much. Jabari, while still a major question mark, has the ability to change our long term potential. So unless jabari is involved in a deal to get a better missing piece, I donít think Iím moving him.