Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 261 of 265 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 3961
    I dont like Grayson Allen. He seems like a D bag. That being said, I think that's a really good deal. Merrill probably isn't an NBA player. Allen is a good 3 and D guy and he's playable. Hes a really similar player to Pat and we can't have too many of those guys.

He's a playable NBA guy who can hit shots and defend. And we gave up some future 2nds and a guy who was a legit threat to get cut.

Bobby Marks
    @BobbyMarks42
    18h
    Milwaukee ownership is showing that they are willing to make a financial commitment with this roster.

Luxury tax penalty will increase from $36M to $44M with this trade.

Milwaukee is right at $200M in salary and luxury tax.
    $44M in the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Traded Merrill and our future seconds......I mean OK, but I think I would have rather taken a chance on Butler or Dosunmu....than get Mamu, Greek wing, and Grayson Allen...
    I somewhat agree with you, except Allen is an NBA proven commodity as a 3 and D wing. Rookies are rookies the 1st year, even if they play well, there's a learning curve. Plus Allen is a pure replacement for Daunte who's probably going to miss a good chunk of time at the start of the season. I like the idea of having both of them on expiring rookie deals. If Allen fits in well and is cheaper to bring back, we can resign him instead of DDV. I also think Allen has more upside as a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I dont like Grayson Allen. He seems like a D bag. That being said, I think that's a really good deal. Merrill probably isn't an NBA player. Allen is a good 3 and D guy and he's playable. Hes a really similar player to Pat and we can't have too many of those guys.

He's a playable NBA guy who can hit shots and defend. And we gave up some future 2nds and a guy who was a legit threat to get cut.
    I think he's a bit more than that. Pat is more inconsistent as a scorer and a shooter. Love the way Pat played in the playoffs, but I like Grayson's offensive game quit a bit more. Add a little Forbes to Pat and now we're talking.

I can see that after next season both Grayson and Daunte will be free agents and we can look to bring back the more affordable one.

Overall I'm happy with the off season moves. I'd have preferred to try to upgrade a little more, but when you look at the luxury tax bill, it's understandable that we weren't looking to spend much, thus the Tucker loss. Our additions were Grayson-4 Mil, Hill-4 Mil, Hood-2.24 mil and Ojeleye 1.79 mil, plus bringing back Bobby for 4.35 Mil. I think we got a little bit better, with a possibility of more if Hood were to get healthy and back to previous form.

Starters - Jrue, Grayson, Kris, Giannis & Brook
    2nd Unit - Hill, Pat C, Nwora, Ojeley & Bobby until DDV gets back and we see what Rodney can become.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I somewhat agree with you, except Allen is an NBA proven commodity as a 3 and D wing. Rookies are rookies the 1st year, even if they play well, there's a learning curve. Plus Allen is a pure replacement for Daunte who's probably going to miss a good chunk of time at the start of the season. I like the idea of having both of them on expiring rookie deals. If Allen fits in well and is cheaper to bring back, we can resign him instead of DDV. I also think Allen has more upside as a shooter.
    I also think Allen is a better shooter. I think he can be a cheaper version of what we need in our starting lineup. Which is a guy with a consistent shot which presents a threat to the opposing team. Therefore I really think DD days are numbered. He would get packaged and traded for an upgraded 3 and D piece or a scorer

I think he's a bit more than that. Pat is more inconsistent as a scorer and a shooter. Love the way Pat played in the playoffs, but I like Grayson's offensive game quit a bit more. Add a little Forbes to Pat and now we're talking.

I can see that after next season both Grayson and Daunte will be free agents and we can look to bring back the more affordable one.
    I liked PatC on his first contract but hated the 3 yrs for 15mil. Although he did proved he was worth the contract in the finals, I still don't trust him especially now with more offensive talent on the team.

Overall I'm happy with the off season moves. I'd have preferred to try to upgrade a little more, but when you look at the luxury tax bill, it's understandable that we weren't looking to spend much, thus the Tucker loss. Our additions were Grayson-4 Mil, Hill-4 Mil, Hood-2.24 mil and Ojeleye 1.79 mil, plus bringing back Bobby for 4.35 Mil. I think we got a little bit better, with a possibility of more if Hood were to get healthy and back to previous form.

Starters - Jrue, Grayson, Kris, Giannis & Brook
    2nd Unit - Hill, Pat C, Nwora, Ojeley & Bobby until DDV gets back and we see what Rodney can become.
    The offseason was quite underwhelming until we got Allen. I think Allen push us in a different plan of attack. We lost Tucker but we replaced with offense and depth

Nwora will be a flame thrower if Bud ever plays him. I also like Mamu. Smart big man runs the floor well. Good foot work. Awesome passes and can hit the three. Needs to time it right for rebounding sometimes. But he also boxes out though. But rest of the team didn't get the bard though. I'd move Mamu to starting active roster.

Any news on Thanasis?

Never mind Thanasis signed a two year deal with the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Never mind Thanasis signed a two year deal with the Bucks.
    Do they have to make any roster moves as of now for this? Or not at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Do they have to make any roster moves as of now for this? Or not at this time?
    I know Mamu is on a two way contract. But he's not protected if another team has a roster spot and can take him. Crewfan mentioned we signed that other rookie to a three year deal and gets a active roster spot. Not sure if Bryant or Diakite is the other two way. DDV is injured.

1 Giannis
    2 Middleton
    3 Holiday
    4 Lopez
    5 Portis
    6 PatC
    7 DDV
    8 Thanasis
    9 Allen
    10 Hill
    11 Semi
    12 Hood
    13 Nwora
    14 Georgious
    15 Diakite?
    16 Bryant?
    17 Mamu

I believe Diakite and Bryant are nonguaranteed deals. I could see DDV dealt when healthy. Unless a team is willing to waive his physical and take him in a trade now. Maybe toss in Diakite and Bryant as well. No need for DDV when we got Allen. Also Allen and DDV will be RFA's next summer anyway.

I dont think so.

I think the roster now sits at

Jrue, DD, Khris, Giannis, Brook, Hill, Pat C, Nwora, Semi, Portis, Allen, Hood, Thanasis, Diakite and Georgiois (the rook). Mamu signed a 2 way deal as his rookie contract.

I think we may still have an option for Bryant, which we'll decline if we haven't officially done so yet. That may be the case with Toupane as well. But I think the 15 above are the 15 well have with Mamu on a 2 way. So with that in mind, we do have a 2nd 2 way spot open as well it seems.