Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 258 of 263 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 3942
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    My Lord, if Bobby comes back his legend only grows. Will have a statue in MKE lol.

Lou I don't think wants to be in the Midwest anyway. Pretty sure I saw that when traded he contemplated no-showing even in ATL. He would be a nice microwave type.

I think backup PG maybe a COry Joseph on the cheap? I am interested in Oladipo if real cheap on a prove-it deal. I wonder what Rudy Gay commands? Millsap could be a ring-chaser. Yeah, I think we could have like 11 guys basically locked in and I think PJ likely back. Maybe Alec Burks but he probably gets a chance elsewhere for more $$$. I wonder if Bucks will have to trade BroLo for a couple players to free up some $$$ also. I mean 15 mill...DD I wonder if he gets too big of a deal to match and Pat really did his role nearly as well. Maybe Olynyk could sign for cheap? Saw maybe Otto Porter Jr. could sign MLE. But seems wild to me. Iggy could be a ring chaser but looked pretty done in MIA.
    Whats the phrase? Something like it's better to die the hero than live long enough to become the bad guy? There's a decent chance that applies to Portis. Don't get me wrong, he's a good 1st big off the bench type. But his legend in milwaukee might be best if he takes a decent sized deal with someone else to be honest. He came in with virtually no expectations and wad a big part of a magical run. But there's also a good chance he had a career year shooting the ball and he isn't without flaws.

Like I said, I'd like him back, but we might be better served splitting the MLE on two guys and hoping that the Bucks infrastructure helps unlock the next Bobby and Bryn instead of paying for current Bobby and Bryn.

I think Tucker is back too, if only to eventually be a salary match guy down the road if we need to make a mid season or offseason trade. Without a bunch of young talent or picks, the best way to improve in season is to take on a vet on an okay but not great contract. Well need a contract match guy for that, along with 2nds and possibly a guy like DD, but without a decent sized contract to move, we're stuck. So PJ feels inevitable.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 08-01-2021 at 09:00 PM.

On twitter they were suggesting Tucker is back at maybe 2/$20M. Portis back with the 120% raise. If Portis stay on another year he will have full Bird rights following year. Then we got the $5.9M taxtpe. Then we got RFA Thanasis. I'd go after Monk or Collins with some of the taxtpe. But Collins had some injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Whats the phrase? Something like it's better to die the hero than live long enough to become the bad guy? There's a decent chance that applies to Portis. Don't get me wrong, he's a good 1st big off the bench type. But his legend in milwaukee might be best if he takes a decent sized deal with someone else to be honest. He came in with virtually no expectations and wad a big part of a magical run. But there's also a good chance he had a career year shooting the ball and he isn't without flaws.

Like I said, I'd like him back, but we might be better served splitting the MLE on two guys and hoping that the Bucks infrastructure helps unlock the next Bobby and Bryn instead of paying for current Bobby and Bryn.

I think Tucker is back too, if only to eventually be a salary match guy down the road if we need to make a mid season or offseason trade. Without a bunch of young talent or picks, the best way to improve in season is to take on a vet on an okay but not great contract. Well need a contract match guy for that, along with 2nds and possibly a guy like DD, but without a decent sized contract to move, we're stuck. So PJ feels inevitable.
    Agreed, but Portis can make more than he can even after Bird Rights in MKE. He can get probably 12+ mill on a long term deal this year. But who knows. Tucker will be back and it will be interesting to see who the Bucks can get for the TPMLE.

We have a $4.6 mill trade exception as well. Not sure if we'll use it, but that's a route as well. One interesting name I heard was maybe someone like Trey Burke. Maybe Dallas will feel frozen out of the big time FA market, but they could be looking to free up more cap and swapping Burke for trade exception frees up space. They might need the cash to offer a max if they try to do that.

I don't love him as a player per se, but Teague isn't any good either. And getting a vet there without cutting into the MLE would let us spend the MLE on either Portis or another 3rd big type of guy.

Some Bucks fans on twitter been suggesting we should go after Frank Ntilikina. Decent defender and can hit a three.

Agreed, but Portis can make more than he can even after Bird Rights in MKE. He can get probably 12+ mill on a long term deal this year. But who knows. Tucker will be back and it will be interesting to see who the Bucks can get for the TPMLE.
    Portis came to Milwaukee to win. He left money on the table since the Knicks wanted him back on a longer deal after they opted out of his team option. Remember Bobby had them long losing years with the Bulls and Knicks and who knows where else. Also if he signs for one year deal Bucks will have full Bird rights for him after next contract. Maybe a wink wink deal. I think something around 4/$56M?

Portis resigns with the Bucks 2 years $9 Mil and we still have our full $5.9 mil MLE available to sign a guard. Now thats a w
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 08-02-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Portis resigns with the Bucks and we still have our full $5.9 mil MLE available to sign a guard. Now thats a win.
    Yea great get for the Bucks. Probably makes some sense for him too. He left money on the table for sure, but if he has a bad year, he can opt in and still get paid. If he has a good year, he can opt out and we'll have bird rights, so we can offer more than the MLE if we need to.

Like I said, not the best long term move if he wants to maximize his earnings, but may not have been a super huge loss. Giving up $3-5 mill this year might be worth it if he goes above the MLE next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Portis resigns with the Bucks and we still have our full $5.9 mil MLE available to sign a guard. Now thats a win.
    Yeah it looks like Bobby is back for 2/$9M. Tucker left for Miami?

Bucks used the non-Bird exemption 120% to sign Bobby. So we have the tax MLE yet.

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania

25m
    Free agent PJ Tucker has agreed to a deal with the Heat, sources tell @TheAthletic
    @Stadium
    How much did he get? 2/$20M?

NBA on TNT
    @NBAonTNT

32m
    PJ Tucker is signing a two-year, $15 million deal with the Miami Heat, per @ShamsCharania
    Bummer he left for a little bit more then we could afford.

I mean PJ isn't that valuable over 82 games. No offense. 36. Was this last hurrah? Book and KD (can't blame PJ worked tail off) played really well with him guarding them. I mean he basically is a playoff guy for value. In regular season, basically would have been rest up. 7.5 mill kind of steep for PJ imo.

I am so amped that BP stayed. Would have predicted PJ stays, BP goes, but not that much money out there and I think BP is far more valuable as the Bucks would have been very thin up front. Build Bobby a statue!!

Semi Ojeleye is kind of a young PJ...has to be for minimum you'd think. 10 years younger, inch taller and I know a couple years ago in playoffs he guarded Giannis. He is a 36 percent 3 point shooter and seems like a young cheap replacement for PJ. I am excited to see Nwora get minutes...he seems like he can score 20, 25 not all the time but have some of those nights off the bench.

I mean PJ isn't that valuable over 82 games. No offense. 36. Was this last hurrah? Book and KD (can't blame PJ worked tail off) played really well with him guarding them. I mean he basically is a playoff guy for value. In regular season, basically would have been rest up. 7.5 mill kind of steep for PJ imo.

I am so amped that BP stayed. Would have predicted PJ stays, BP goes, but not that much money out there and I think BP is far more valuable as the Bucks would have been very thin up front. Build Bobby a statue!!

Semi Ojeleye is kind of a young PJ...has to be for minimum you'd think. 10 years younger, inch taller and I know a couple years ago in playoffs he guarded Giannis. He is a 36 percent 3 point shooter and seems like a young cheap replacement for PJ. I am excited to see Nwora get minutes...he seems like he can score 20, 25 not all the time but have some of those nights off the bench.
    Yeah I see we signed Semi Ojeleye. How much we pay? Vet minimum? ESPN has him labeled as a 6'6" PF.

Yea, looks like Semi is a vet min. Looks like a pretty good deal. He definitely is a bit of a PJ lite. Better shooter but probably not quite the defender. I know we traded him when we got PJ, but reminds me of the Craig signing last year.

I'm a little surprised we didn't match that PJ offer, but who knows. Maybe PJ wanted to get down to Miami after he got his ring.