Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 257 of 263 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 3941
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I wouldn't trade DDV for Aaron. That would be a downgrade. The trade exemption makes the money work. We also have a bigger trade exemption, so it's not like a big loss to use it. The trade for Justin is an attempt to get better to defend our title. Plus he has 2 years left on his contract, so we'd have him for 2 years.
    Thing is were in the tax before draft and free agency. Also if this season is tax, then next is a repeater. Not sure but seems all owners eventually try to get out of the tax eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by UrHero View Post
    The player the Bucks should go after is Alec Burks. Whether it's a sign and trade or just through free agency. Maybe get a player like Rudy Gay to take less to chase a ring. Or even take a flyer on a player like Jamaal Crawford.
    I really wanted Burks this year instead of Augustin and Crawford is a guy that I think we should've signed him to a vet minimum. He has them ball skills we desperately need

Yeah I am not sure the Bucks can keep this group together. Brook seems closing in on final days. Tucker also. Not sure if DDV gets more than 10 mill per he can come back. Maybe S&T for a couple pieces. This team is close to the tax with what half a roster? Going to be very interesting offseason. Which makes it all the better this team won a ring! So playing with house money now!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Thing is were in the tax before draft and free agency. Also if this season is tax, then next is a repeater. Not sure but seems all owners eventually try to get out of the tax eventually.
    Saving a million or two isn't going to change anything when it comes to the luxury tax. The Bucks are paying the tax for the next 3 or 4 years regardless. Owners said thay'd pay the tax for a championship contender, now they have a championship team. We need to go for it each of the next few seasons. The window doesn't stay open forever.

Forbes opted out of his player option according to woj.

Eric Nehm
    @eric_nehm
    Details on the Bucks-Pacers trade, per a source.

Bucks trade No. 31 to the Pacers.

Bucks receive:
    2021 No. 54.
    2021 No. 60.
    In 2024, the more favorable of a)IND's 2nd rd and b) the less favorable of CLE/UTH 2nd rd.
    In 2026, the more favorable of IND and MIA's 2nd rd picks.
    Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    Sources: Indiana is sending No. 54, No. 60 and two future seconds to Milwaukee for No. 31.
    9:20 PM Jul 29, 2021
    The lowdown for them second round picks we acquired.

I wonder if some vets like Rudy Gay or Millsap as a Portis type replacement would come to MKE for cheap or what their market will be. I think Lou Will would sign somewhere - but not MKE. So with 2R picks I think the Bucks currently have locked in: Holiday, Middleton, PC, BroLo, Nwora, Diakite, Merrill, Mamu (not sure other 2R pick will even come over from Greece)....so that is likely only 8 guys for sure on roster. Bucks will have to sign some more cheap talent, just not sure what is all out there....I see Cory Joseph was released by DET and maybe could be had for cheap as a backup PG option.

I think Bobby is back. Fan favorite. I guess he flew in tonight for the wrestling. Fan favorite. All we can pay him is $5.9M. More then he got with a ring. He left Knicks to win and skip the money and losing for winning. Yeah he can go the Forbes route and take the ring and go find a bag of money. But come on. If you spend wisely or invest wisely you should be okay. Also would have full Bird rights upping with the Bucks a 1 year deal or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I wonder if some vets like Rudy Gay or Millsap as a Portis type replacement would come to MKE for cheap or what their market will be. I think Lou Will would sign somewhere - but not MKE. So with 2R picks I think the Bucks currently have locked in: Holiday, Middleton, PC, BroLo, Nwora, Diakite, Merrill, Mamu (not sure other 2R pick will even come over from Greece)....so that is likely only 8 guys for sure on roster. Bucks will have to sign some more cheap talent, just not sure what is all out there....I see Cory Joseph was released by DET and maybe could be had for cheap as a backup PG option.
    You forgot Giannis so #9. Thanasis is RFA i'm sure he's back #10. Unless some team offers a crazy deal we cant match. 10 guys. 7 spots to go. Well 5 then 2... 2 way players. Big if.... but if Bobby and Tucker are back then it's 12 guys. 3 spots left. For 15. Then 2 more 2 way 17. Maybe less if we keep the Greece rookie as well. But I think we farm him maybe.

You forgot Giannis so #9. Thanasis is RFA i'm sure he's back #10. Unless some team offers a crazy deal we cant match. 10 guys. 7 spots to go. Well 5 then 2... 2 way players. Big if.... but if Bobby and Tucker are back then it's 12 guys. 3 spots left. For 15. Then 2 more 2 way 17. Maybe less if we keep the Greece rookie as well. But I think we farm him maybe.
    I think Bryant is non guaranteed, but he can be back on the cheap too, so that's at least another body.

I think Bobby is back. Fan favorite. I guess he flew in tonight for the wrestling. Fan favorite. All we can pay him is $5.9M. More then he got with a ring. He left Knicks to win and skip the money and losing for winning. Yeah he can go the Forbes route and take the ring and go find a bag of money. But come on. If you spend wisely or invest wisely you should be okay. Also would have full Bird rights upping with the Bucks a 1 year deal or 2.
    Bobby is going to make twice that. He isn't coming back man.Let it go. Enjoy the ring he helped the Bucks win.

Bucks are going to have to try and get some cheap guys who were in Portis position a year ago. Bobby was making good $$$ over 10 mill with the Knicks and will get more than that this go-round. Probably like 4-56 or so. I do think the Bucks can probably get a guy like Oladipo who is friends with Antetokounmpo brothers and has been hurt, take a flyer on him for cheap. He will have to take a prove it deal. Then like I said maybe one of Millsap or Gay take a cheap deal. Gay probably would have to be MLE. Maybe an IT as backup PG...

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Bobby is going to make twice that. He isn't coming back man.Let it go. Enjoy the ring he helped the Bucks win.

Bucks are going to have to try and get some cheap guys who were in Portis position a year ago. Bobby was making good $$$ over 10 mill with the Knicks and will get more than that this go-round. Probably like 4-56 or so. I do think the Bucks can probably get a guy like Oladipo who is friends with Antetokounmpo brothers and has been hurt, take a flyer on him for cheap. He will have to take a prove it deal. Then like I said maybe one of Millsap or Gay take a cheap deal. Gay probably would have to be MLE. Maybe an IT as backup PG...
    This would be a nice free agent period for us. Although we should have signed IT instead of Teague. IT just scored 65 in some league in Atlanta

Bucks are linked to have interests in Lou Williams. But he's a lousy defender. It showed when playing us in the playoffs. Also i'm sure he wants the tax MLE. I'd only offer him the vet minimum to replace Teague.

Marc Stein
    @TheSteinLine

51m
    On free agency eve, there is tangible pessimism from multiple teams interested in Bobby Portis that they can sign him away from the Bucks.

Despite limited flexibility to re-sign Portis, Milwaukee is favored to retain the popular forward.
    I hope he's back.

I hope he's back.
    My Lord, if Bobby comes back his legend only grows. Will have a statue in MKE lol.

Lou I don't think wants to be in the Midwest anyway. Pretty sure I saw that when traded he contemplated no-showing even in ATL. He would be a nice microwave type.

I think backup PG maybe a COry Joseph on the cheap? I am interested in Oladipo if real cheap on a prove-it deal. I wonder what Rudy Gay commands? Millsap could be a ring-chaser. Yeah, I think we could have like 11 guys basically locked in and I think PJ likely back. Maybe Alec Burks but he probably gets a chance elsewhere for more $$$. I wonder if Bucks will have to trade BroLo for a couple players to free up some $$$ also. I mean 15 mill...DD I wonder if he gets too big of a deal to match and Pat really did his role nearly as well. Maybe Olynyk could sign for cheap? Saw maybe Otto Porter Jr. could sign MLE. But seems wild to me. Iggy could be a ring chaser but looked pretty done in MIA.