Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 256 of 263 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 3942
  1. #3826
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    With us winning the Championship. Holiday gets that bonus and were in the luxury tax.

  2. #3827
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,850
    Bud deserves a contract extension. I know, we all scratch our heads at some of his decisions, but he guided us to a championship and deserves a couple more years at minimum.

    I agree we should mostly try to run it back. Portis will likely accept his player option, cause he loves it here and playing with this team was the best thing that's ever happened to him. Sure the $3.8 Mil is 10 mil less than he deserves, but money isn't evrything and $3.8 Mil is more than I'll make in my entire life time. Tucker could retire, go elsewhere for more money or come back to defend our title. Not sure what we can offer him, but we wouldn't have won the title without him. Forbes can leave if he wants. The only series he was good in was the Heat series which was a sweep, so he has no real value in a playoff run. Teague and Thanasis are both expendable. Maybe we could hire Thanasis as an assistant coach if we don't have a roster spot available.

    If Portis wants more money, the only option we'd have is the MLE which isn't that much more than his option. If he wants the MLE, I'd make it a 3 year deal, so we can add another player next year. Need a PG or Combo Guard either with the MLE or the draft. Also need to replace Tucker if he leaves.

  3. #3828
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Bud deserves a contract extension. I know, we all scratch our heads at some of his decisions, but he guided us to a championship and deserves a couple more years at minimum.

    I agree we should mostly try to run it back. Portis will likely accept his player option, cause he loves it here and playing with this team was the best thing that's ever happened to him. Sure the $3.8 Mil is 10 mil less than he deserves, but money isn't evrything and $3.8 Mil is more than I'll make in my entire life time. Tucker could retire, go elsewhere for more money or come back to defend our title. Not sure what we can offer him, but we wouldn't have won the title without him. Forbes can leave if he wants. The only series he was good in was the Heat series which was a sweep, so he has no real value in a playoff run. Teague and Thanasis are both expendable. Maybe we could hire Thanasis as an assistant coach if we don't have a roster spot available.

    If Portis wants more money, the only option we'd have is the MLE which isn't that much more than his option. If he wants the MLE, I'd make it a 3 year deal, so we can add another player next year. Need a PG or Combo Guard either with the MLE or the draft. Also need to replace Tucker if he leaves.
    Not even the full MLE. It's the tax MLE, so even less. Also could sign Tucker with Bird rights after signing Portis. I cant picture us letting Giannis brother walk. Unless Thanasis scores a big contract else where and we don't match it. Giannis maybe gets mad at the front office. But probably be happy his bro scored some big money for the family. Who knows. But I figure we got 8 players if we keep #31. Figure Thanasis and Bobby are back. 10 with them two. Tucker maybe is back. So 11. 1 spot left for the 12 man active roster. Then it goes to 15 or 17 for the gleague two way contracts or what? Front office is pretty high on Lopez. So he probably doesn't get traded. DDV coming off of a injury. Not many spots for ring chasers.

  4. #3829
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    Never mind I just looked it up its 15 regular season players and last two for 17 is two way.

  5. #3830
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    Bucks only have non Bird rights for Portis since he only played one year for the Bucks. So we can only give him 120%. Unless he picks up the option and we hint and early Bird rights following offseason?

  6. #3831
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,079
    A guy like Paul Millsap could be a ring chaser option for cheap because likely his last season. Not much left in the tank imo. Let him play avg minutes to keep him ready for the playoffs. I wonder if Bucks run it back or make a mini-trade. Oladipo has almost no market value and friends with Giannis and bros. so could be a cheap option but he likely out most of year. I wonder if Pat C could be deal for two smaller contracts...but guessing odds are far better of basically running it back. maybe make a deal for a 2R pick since they cheap.

  7. #3832
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    Yeah we could always move down from #31. Plenty of teams have more then one second round pick. I think our owners will be stuck with the luxury tax. But we could be shaving some tax off at trade deadline. To lower the bill a tad. Cause we most likely be a tax repeater after this next season.

  8. #3833
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,226
    There's supposed to be a glut of guards that end up going in the 20-40 range. I think we've all been hoping to get a guaed who can create for himself at some point, so maybe this is the draft we do it. Hard to say how guys will be ranked, but if we stay put at 31, it's not a bad spot to grab a guard at. I've seen mocks that have guys like Ayo from Illinois falling to 31. He's a guy I'd like for sure. I don't know that he's ever good enough to be a starter, but he has some Jordan Clarkson type feel to him and that could be a big peice off the bench for us.

    Jared Butler from Baylor is going to be really interesting. He was flagged for a potential heart condition. The league panel has now cleared him, but I'm guessing teams and possibly team doctors may be a bit scared off by that. Since I'm no doctor and have no idea what his condition is anyways, it's hard to judge either way, but if there's a good chance he can play, even if he's at risk of a slightly shorter career, I would love for him to fall to 31. He's absolutely a win now type of guy and there's a chance he does fall.

  9. #3834
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    There's supposed to be a glut of guards that end up going in the 20-40 range. I think we've all been hoping to get a guaed who can create for himself at some point, so maybe this is the draft we do it. Hard to say how guys will be ranked, but if we stay put at 31, it's not a bad spot to grab a guard at. I've seen mocks that have guys like Ayo from Illinois falling to 31. He's a guy I'd like for sure. I don't know that he's ever good enough to be a starter, but he has some Jordan Clarkson type feel to him and that could be a big peice off the bench for us.

    Jared Butler from Baylor is going to be really interesting. He was flagged for a potential heart condition. The league panel has now cleared him, but I'm guessing teams and possibly team doctors may be a bit scared off by that. Since I'm no doctor and have no idea what his condition is anyways, it's hard to judge either way, but if there's a good chance he can play, even if he's at risk of a slightly shorter career, I would love for him to fall to 31. He's absolutely a win now type of guy and there's a chance he does fall.
    I like Ayayi from Gonzaga. Good two-way player and I don't think he got to show his offensive arsenal with Suggs and so many guys on that squad. Ayayi is 6-5 and shot 39 percent from 3

  10. #3835
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    The tax MLE is $5,718,000. It may change a little bit for next season. If Portis opts out of his player option. I believe all we can offer as a no-Bird rule is 120% $4,347,600. Since we only had Portis one year. We traded for Tucker so his Bird rights carried over from Houston. So we can sign Tucker last.

    There was a tweet of Portis saying Knicks didn't pick up his team option but offer him a lot of money for a longer deal. Then he said money isn't everything. Happiness is. Chose us. Maybe he just picks up his player option then gets a new longer deal with us long term year after next with Bird rights. Probably just sign Tucker to a one year deal or two with a team option. Cross our fingers Bobby picks up player option.

    If Forbes opts in fine. If Forbes opts out not sure if we bring him back. Teague is UFA. Not sure if we try and keep him at vet minimum or what. Thanasis is RFA. Still got PATC and DDV and Brook all locked in yet. Not sure the health of DDV though. Nwora probably ready for a little bit more minutes to rest our guys when needed in back to back games for scoring punch. Not sure if Merrill,Diakite,Bryant are part of the plans but the cheapest contracts we got. I believe we used some of a TPE to extend them guys.

    As for #31 we need a PG. Or could move down to get two second round picks in this draft. DDV makes like $4.6M this up coming season. Not sure if we trade him or not. But could maybe trade him for a mid first round pick this draft as well? Shave some capspace. If he's traded for a future pick.

    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/2019-...ption-tracker/

  11. #3836
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    There's supposed to be a glut of guards that end up going in the 20-40 range. I think we've all been hoping to get a guaed who can create for himself at some point, so maybe this is the draft we do it. Hard to say how guys will be ranked, but if we stay put at 31, it's not a bad spot to grab a guard at. I've seen mocks that have guys like Ayo from Illinois falling to 31. He's a guy I'd like for sure. I don't know that he's ever good enough to be a starter, but he has some Jordan Clarkson type feel to him and that could be a big peice off the bench for us.

    Jared Butler from Baylor is going to be really interesting. He was flagged for a potential heart condition. The league panel has now cleared him, but I'm guessing teams and possibly team doctors may be a bit scared off by that. Since I'm no doctor and have no idea what his condition is anyways, it's hard to judge either way, but if there's a good chance he can play, even if he's at risk of a slightly shorter career, I would love for him to fall to 31. He's absolutely a win now type of guy and there's a chance he does fall.
    I'm right there with you on Dosunmu and Butler. Hoping they are available at 31. I do like Aiaya as well, but prefer the other 2.

  12. #3837
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,850
    I think we should offer 24 year old DDV for 32 year old Justin Holiday. There numbers were nearly identicle last season, but I think Holiday is a more solid option for a win now team like the Bucks. We can use the smaller trade exemption from the Torey Craig trade to make up the salary difference.

    Hopefully Portis Opts in and we resign Tucker. Then we draft a PG at pick 31 and we still have our MLE.

  13. #3838
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    Justin Holiday is $6M. DDV is $4.6M. Also in the tax. I'm sure Holiday would be happy to have eiter of his brothers on the Bucks possibly thoguh. Aaron is a little cheaper at $3.9M.

  14. #3839
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,776
    July 28: Forbes has to make a decision on his player option
    August 1: Portis has to make a decision on his player option
    August 2: New NBA year begins
    Them days will be here quickly. Draft is almost here as well.

  15. #3840
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Justin Holiday is $6M. DDV is $4.6M. Also in the tax. I'm sure Holiday would be happy to have eiter of his brothers on the Bucks possibly thoguh. Aaron is a little cheaper at $3.9M.

    I wouldn't trade DDV for Aaron. That would be a downgrade. The trade exemption makes the money work. We also have a bigger trade exemption, so it's not like a big loss to use it. The trade for Justin is an attempt to get better to defend our title. Plus he has 2 years left on his contract, so we'd have him for 2 years.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 07-23-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •