Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 255 of 263 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 3935
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I agree. There was a stretch in the 1H the Bucks just took horrible shots. Giannis 2 3s...Pat C 3 with 20 on shot clock on first pass of poss.; Jrue transition 3 that he isn't great at. Jrue needs to be better and make shots around tin.

Man, Middleton has been unreal this playoffs for most part esp. G3-7 of series. He has had such moments...GW in G1 vs. MIA; G6 vs. Nets; G6 vs. ATL; last night vs PHX. Midd has made 15 game-tying or go-ahead shots in 4Q/OT, most in a single playoffs since '07 by LBJ and nearly every one was probably vs. DET in that epic game he had at the Palace. Midd has been steady. 4 35+ PT games. Hopefully MKE closes this out.
    Not sure id call him steady but he's had so. E absolutely monster moments. He unfortunately disappears at times, but when he has his moments, he's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    I can totally agree! However would u trade Lopez and DD for sg upgrade and then sign Theis and keep "Portis" the people champ too?
    It depends on what we're getting for DDV & Lopez. Lopez was critical in the series against the Nets. He may have been our most important player in that series. I wouldn't give him up for just a marginal upgrade at the 2 guard. I'd love to trade DDV for an older, somewhat more playoff ready SG. Especially since Connaughton has probably moved ahead of him on the depth chart, at least at playoff time. Just hate to upgrade 1 position, but leave a hole somewhere else that needs to be filled. The problem is that both Lopez and Portis struggle against good teams in the pick and role/ switch senario's.

I'd prefer to have Lopez and Theis to Portis and Theis, assuming that Theis is better suited defensively in those situations than Lopez or Portis. I'd be ok with Portis and Theis if we pick up a good 2 way SG or an exceptional shooting SG. If the perfect player isn't available for Lopez and DDV, then I'd rather keep what we have in Lopez. I wouldn't mind a trade of 24 year old DDV for 32 year old Justin Holiday.

My guess is we run it back. Go with what we got. If any of Portis,Tucker,Forbes leave that's on them. Then a guy Nwora gets more burn hopefully. Like you said Lopez been a key point here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not sure id call him steady but he's had so. E absolutely monster moments. He unfortunately disappears at times, but when he has his moments, he's insane.
    Lol! So true

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    It depends on what we're getting for DDV & Lopez. Lopez was critical in the series against the Nets. He may have been our most important player in that series. I wouldn't give him up for just a marginal upgrade at the 2 guard. I'd love to trade DDV for an older, somewhat more playoff ready SG. Especially since Connaughton has probably moved ahead of him on the depth chart, at least at playoff time. Just hate to upgrade 1 position, but leave a hole somewhere else that needs to be filled. The problem is that both Lopez and Portis struggle against good teams in the pick and role/ switch senario's.

I'd prefer to have Lopez and Theis to Portis and Theis, assuming that Theis is better suited defensively in those situations than Lopez or Portis. I'd be ok with Portis and Theis if we pick up a good 2 way SG or an exceptional shooting SG. If the perfect player isn't available for Lopez and DDV, then I'd rather keep what we have in Lopez. I wouldn't mind a trade of 24 year old DDV for 32 year old Justin Holiday.
    That trade is interesting and I might pull the trigger on that, although I would rather land a younger sg but can't complain about Justin Holiday. He has more seasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    My guess is we run it back. Go with what we got. If any of Portis,Tucker,Forbes leave that's on them. Then a guy Nwora gets more burn hopefully. Like you said Lopez been a key point here and there.
    I am ready for some Nwora!!

Nwora probably gets some action if Forbes walks this offseason. DDV's health is up in the air and a RFA. Also the DDV injury who knows if anyone wants him until he's proven healthy mid season or trade deadline. I think we run it back no matter what now. Other then we dont know the free agency of Portis,Tucker,Forbes. Besides RFA's DDV and Thanasis and Jackson. With DDV coming off of injury maybe teams don't look at him and we get him at a huge discount?

1 more win. The steal and the lob from Holiday to Giannis for the dunk was sweet.

The player the Bucks should go after is Alec Burks. Whether it's a sign and trade or just through free agency. Maybe get a player like Rudy Gay to take less to chase a ring. Or even take a flyer on a player like Jamaal Crawford.
    Last edited by UrHero; 07-18-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UrHero View Post
    The player the Bucks should go after is Alec Burks. Whether it's a sign and trade or just through free agency. Maybe get a player like Rudy Gay to take less to chase a ring. Or even take a flyer on a player like Jamaal Crawford.
    It is going to be interesting what the Bucks are able to do with the limited funds they can afford to bring guys back at. But...let's hope it's as CHAMPIONS!

Brandon Jennings is in Milwaukee. I'm sure he will be at the game tonight.

We are the Champions baby!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    We are the Champions baby!
    Unreal. What a moment!! Giannis dragged this team across the finish line.
    Giannis: 50 points, 16-25 FG (64%)
    Teammates: 55 points, 21-57 FG (37%)

Somany great stories for the Bucks who took so much trashing individually and as a team for last two years....what a great run.

Yea, I don't care if they ever win again. What a phenomenal run. We were dead to rights multiple times. Down 2-0 and down 3-2 to Durant and the nets. Tied 2-2 with Atlanta and without Giannis. Down 2-0 to Phoenix and win 4 straight.

Such great resiliency and pretty much everyone stepped up. Giannis was a monster and brought it home. Khris hit some huge, huge shots. Jrue was a menace on defense and did just enough on offense. Lopez had some phenomenal games, including that huge block on Durant and a 30 pt game without giannis. Tucker was a pest on defense and provided energy and toughness. Bobby went from not playing vs the nets to being a huge part of the championship closeout game. Pat hit some big threes and provided a ton of hustle plays. Heck, even Teague hit a couple big 3s.

It was such a team effort and they never gave up. This team can make you want to tear your hair out, but it was a fun, fun year.

Still enjoying the moment. But the draft is like right around the corner. Like 8 days away. Offseason and mini camps will come quickly as well. I was looking at the wrong year for team salary. Some reason I was thinking DDV was a RFA this summer. It's next year. Thanasis and Jackson are RFA. Tucker and Teague are UFA. Portis and Forbes have player options. Team options for Diakite,Merrill,Bryant. Dead money yet for Sanders and Leuer. But will be the final year paying that dead money.

Players on the books.

1 Giannis
    2 Middleton
    3 Holiday
    4 Lopez
    5 PatC
    6 DDV
    7 Nwora
    8 #31 second round pick

My guess we try and run it back with almost the same group and #31 draft pick. Maybe let Teague walk. But DDV is in a boot yet. Not sure the time table he returns for next season. May move Holiday to SG? Find a PG then yet. Also the player options be up in the air. I think Bobby loves Milwaukee hopefully he's back cheap. Tucker hopefully comes back cheap as well. Not sure if Forbes is back or not. I'm sure we may get some ring chasers. But were in the tax right away. Not sure if end of bench guys are safe like Merrill,Bryant,Diakite. Diakite might be safe. But if we get some decent ring chasers come knocking at our door. Some of the end of bench guys maybe cut loose. My guess coach Bud is safe. He'd have to really screw it up and get knocked out in the first round next playoffs to get fired.