Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 254 of 264 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 3953
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Bud needs to continue to play Bobby Portis. He continues to play with energy and energize the Bucks and the crowd. The bench are pretty thin right now (so are the Suns) but man can't really play Forbes right now as when he doesn't hit shots he really hurts you because he stinks defensively. Connaughton has been tremendous. Basically with DD injury it has to be PC and BP off the bench and Teague when you can steal some minutes.
    I would give PatC credit, he is playing fairly decent

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, give Forbes a bit of burn to test him and see if he shot, but if he isn't, he's trash. Everyone has injuries, so it's no excuse, but having DD who is at worst at least another playable guard would have been huge. Teague has hit a few jumpers, but some of his decision making has been pretty bad. No idea how a guy can be a borderline all star at one point in his career to looking lost at times. I get if your athleticism fails and you can't do some of the things you used to do, but he does some dumb things too at times.
    I agree! Teague has been around too long to be timid. He places like a rookie. And I think someone needs to go to Miami to find Forbes bc that was the last time we seen him

I know it's early and all, but Bobby Portis exercising his player option next year could be huge. If he doesn't, we'll be forced to use some or all of the exception on him to bring him back. If he accepts the option, we'll have the full exception to use and then have his bird rights in the future.

It all depends on our owners willingness to pay the tax, but if Portis opts in, we basically could run it back with the same core at least, depending on what Tucker wants to do and what happens with forbes, and still have that 2nd rounder and the full tax payers exemption to hopefully upgrade at bench guard.
    We need scorers and it would be nice to get a long athletic guy from 6' 7" to 6' 11" too

Hopefully this Bucks team can continue to pound the paint. The squad I feel like needs to continue to fell court press Paul, Booker. Even token pressure. The Suns have no depth after Ayton,try to force him to pick and choose when to foul and when to just let GA dunk or be in foul trouble. Bucks need to continue to have GA be the screener most possessions, when he gets the ball going down hill it's almost impossible, also will help continue to have Jrue be aggressive.

I wonder what Bucks will do in offseason, but hopefully take care of biz first. I wonder if Bucks can get a decent amount for Brook/DD I think they make a deal. Brook athleticism is going. A young big would be nice. If defense isn't a big thing, I would rather just go with Nwora and let Forbes go unless he is back for cheap the minimum basically. Nwora I think could be good. 6-8 with length let him get better defensively because he is a knockdown shooter who can do a little bit already off the bounce.

I love Portis and wanted him drafted when he came out. I honestly would like to take a shot on Oladipo too. He is close to the Antentokounmpos and would probably take a little less because with his injury this past year is going to be super cheap.

Tucker I wouldn't mind letting go. I mean he is nice in playoffs but feel like this could be last hurrah.
    We finally got Ayton in foul although that should've been the game plan from game 1. They don't really have anyone relevant backing him up and that's even before the injury of Saric.

I really think Bud wasted a year of Nwora he could've been playing some valuable minutes in the playoffs like the Suns using Cam Johnson.

I also wanted Portis too that year. I maybe wrong but was it Rashad Vaughn who we drafted?

Oladipo would nice to take a gamble on but only at the right price. I would try to bring Portis back and even Tucker too. PJ is vital to our team especially when we play the big dogs of the league

I mean, johnson was the 11th pick in 2019. Nwora was the 45th pick in 2020. It's pretty hard to compare the two.

I wouldnt have hated giving him some more burn, but this is a team that was trying to make a deep run and was experimenting in the regular season. It's hard to argue that those moves were wrong since we are in the finals.

Little bit I got to see Nwora this season. He is a decent scorer. Can hit the three. He had like what 34 points in that loss to the Bulls where we pretty much didn't play any of our starters. He had 14 rebounds as well and shot 50% from down town. He also had a 24 point game and a 21 point game. Yeah all losses. But I think we rest some of our starters or had injuries then. But seems if Nwora gets 30+ minutes he will get you 20 to 30+ points a game. I think he could be a keeper. Just hope he isn't tossed into a trade just for value.

I agree he can be a decent guy. But I guess I'm not saying he should have instantly be input into the lineup. He can score a bit for sure but he needs to be part of defensive rotations. He was also a bit more iso than I anticipated, as opposed to strictly a spot up guy. That's not a bad thing, but it seemed like to get him cooking in the games most the starters didnt play, he kind of needed the ball. He obviously isn't going to have it a ton of he plays with starters.

I would have liked to see him play a little more for sure. But I'm generally okay with the role he played this year. It should grow in year two, but another offseason of work and a preseason and early season work with some of the starters could get him more comfortable with his role. I anticipate he'll be a bigger part of the rotation next year though.

Nwora should have gotten a little more run in the regular season, to see if he could be an offensive shot maker on occasions. Next year they should pencil him in as the 10th man and Middleton's primary backup.

I'm hoping Portis opts in at $3.8 and that we resign Tucker. Then we can look for a PG/Combo Guard with the MLE or pick 31 if Dosunmu or Butler happen to be there. I also wouldn't mind Joel Aiaya, who should for sure be available at 31.

I'd offer the MLE to D Rose, not expecting to get him. Dinwiddie probaly wants more too. Cameron Payne might be an option or even Lou Williams. If Portis leaves for another team, I'd be interested in offering the MLE to Theis. I think he is better defensively than Portis and still decent as a scorer.

Josh Hart might be someone to consider as well.

Don't forget DDV is a RFA. He could be gone. Forbes can go. He kinda vanished after the Miami series. Hopefully Tucker and Portis are back. After that not much money.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Don't forget DDV is a RFA. He could be gone. Forbes can go. He kinda vanished after the Miami series. Hopefully Tucker and Portis are back. After that not much money.
    I honestly wouldn't mind letting Tucker go. Then trade for him again at the deadline if need be. I wonder what the market will be for DD? Too bad only 1-1 trades in S&T. I came up with a 3-way trade that seems like it would be good for all teams. Brogdon, DD, BroLo to CLE, Love, Sexton to IND and Bucks get Turner, Lamarr Stevens.

I really hope Portis is back.

What a G4 tonight!! Nerve-racking. Wow. Middleton has been huge, Giannis with unreal block and Pat C with CLUTCH 3. Middleton was great in the 4th. The Bucks looked (especially Giannis) tired. But came alive just in time. Good 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Little bit I got to see Nwora this season. He is a decent scorer. Can hit the three. He had like what 34 points in that loss to the Bulls where we pretty much didn't play any of our starters. He had 14 rebounds as well and shot 50% from down town. He also had a 24 point game and a 21 point game. Yeah all losses. But I think we rest some of our starters or had injuries then. But seems if Nwora gets 30+ minutes he will get you 20 to 30+ points a game. I think he could be a keeper. Just hope he isn't tossed into a trade just for value.
    I would hate if he is packaged but for the player back I would get over it

I agree he can be a decent guy. But I guess I'm not saying he should have instantly be input into the lineup. He can score a bit for sure but he needs to be part of defensive rotations. He was also a bit more iso than I anticipated, as opposed to strictly a spot up guy. That's not a bad thing, but it seemed like to get him cooking in the games most the starters didnt play, he kind of needed the ball. He obviously isn't going to have it a ton of he plays with starters.

I would have liked to see him play a little more for sure. But I'm generally okay with the role he played this year. It should grow in year two, but another offseason of work and a preseason and early season work with some of the starters could get him more comfortable with his role. I anticipate he'll be a bigger part of the rotation next year though.
    I sure hope so bc a guy with his scoring ability is much needed on our inconsistent team

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Nwora should have gotten a little more run in the regular season, to see if he could be an offensive shot maker on occasions. Next year they should pencil him in as the 10th man and Middleton's primary backup.

I'm hoping Portis opts in at $3.8 and that we resign Tucker. Then we can look for a PG/Combo Guard with the MLE or pick 31 if Dosunmu or Butler happen to be there. I also wouldn't mind Joel Aiaya, who should for sure be available at 31.

I'd offer the MLE to D Rose, not expecting to get him. Dinwiddie probaly wants more too. Cameron Payne might be an option or even Lou Williams. If Portis leaves for another team, I'd be interested in offering the MLE to Theis. I think he is better defensively than Portis and still decent as a scorer.

Josh Hart might be someone to consider as well.
    I can totally agree! However would u trade Lopez and DD for sg upgrade and then sign Theis and keep "Portis" the people champ too?

I honestly wouldn't mind letting Tucker go. Then trade for him again at the deadline if need be. I wonder what the market will be for DD? Too bad only 1-1 trades in S&T. I came up with a 3-way trade that seems like it would be good for all teams. Brogdon, DD, BroLo to CLE, Love, Sexton to IND and Bucks get Turner, Lamarr Stevens.

I really hope Portis is back.

What a G4 tonight!! Nerve-racking. Wow. Middleton has been huge, Giannis with unreal block and Pat C with CLUTCH 3. Middleton was great in the 4th. The Bucks looked (especially Giannis) tired. But came alive just in time. Good 4th.
    I would definitely entertain a trade that would bring back a consistent scoring talent.

Yea the Bucks really looked gased tonight. And I didn't understand Giannis decision making at times. He miss 2 FT and then shoot and miss 2 3pts back to back. The Bucks really have some head scratching possessions. At times I want to throw the remote or my phone at the tv even thinking about detaching myself from the game and just go outside. Although I finally stay in the fight of frustration due to being a die hard Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    I would definitely entertain a trade that would bring back a consistent scoring talent.

Yea the Bucks really looked gased tonight. And I didn't understand Giannis decision making at times. He miss 2 FT and then shoot and miss 2 3pts back to back. The Bucks really have some head scratching possessions. At times I want to throw the remote or my phone at the tv even thinking about detaching myself from the game and just go outside. Although I finally stay in the fight of frustration due to being a die hard Bucks fan
    I agree. There was a stretch in the 1H the Bucks just took horrible shots. Giannis 2 3s...Pat C 3 with 20 on shot clock on first pass of poss.; Jrue transition 3 that he isn't great at. Jrue needs to be better and make shots around tin.

Man, Middleton has been unreal this playoffs for most part esp. G3-7 of series. He has had such moments...GW in G1 vs. MIA; G6 vs. Nets; G6 vs. ATL; last night vs PHX. Midd has made 15 game-tying or go-ahead shots in 4Q/OT, most in a single playoffs since '07 by LBJ and nearly every one was probably vs. DET in that epic game he had at the Palace. Midd has been steady. 4 35+ PT games. Hopefully MKE closes this out.