Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 245 of 249 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3727
    Only thing I can think of off hand is Middleton to Cavs for Love as the main dead weight salary filler. Then get one of the young back court players. Sexton is scoring 24PPG. Not sure if they give him up. Then we want Garland and more like maybe Allen as well? Never mind Allen is RFA. Or Garland,Prince,Nance for Middleton? Shave a little cap to keep Portis and maybe Tucker and Thanasis.

Bucks sign Elijah Bryant. He left the Maccabi Tel Aviv. I believe we had him a few years back in the summer league. Not sure if were waiving Kurucs or who since were at full roster.

I wonder if the Bucks can move BroLo for Warren from Indy. Indy is a mess right now. Maybe 3-team trade with other team getting Turner and small additions and other team sending picks to Indy.

I think Donte goes. This team needs size on the perimeter. Bucks have a lot of small or tweener wings.

Looks like Kurucs is waived. Bucks payout Bryants old team $500,000K. Bucks sign Bryant to a two year deal.

Looks like were barely out of the tax. But figure near end of season and proration.

If the Bucks pay Tucker with Bird rights and let Portis walk i'm gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    If the Bucks pay Tucker with Bird rights and let Portis walk i'm gonna be pissed.
    Portis can chose to leave no matter what the Bucks do. I think we can offer the full taxpayer MLE of 4 years and $42 Mil and that leaves us with Min contracts to fill out roster. We have a couple trade exemptions. Could offer Donte for Justin Holiday. Pacers probably take that deal.

Holiday, Holiday, Middleton, Giannis and Brolo with Bobby Buckets as 6th man and Pat C. Draft a guard and expect Nwora or Diakite to step up into the rotation.

If the Bucks go on a deep playoff run, Game 7 ECF or finals. Then we should try to run it back as best we can and Bud probably gets 1 more year. If we get beat in the 2nd round again, Bud will get fired and we could look to make significant changes. If that happens I'd like to attempt the following moves.

1) Kris Middleton for 2 sign and trade players in Jalen Brunson and Tim Hardaway along with draft compensation.

2) Donte, Brolo and Pat C and some of the draft compensation from above for Myles Turner and Justin Holiday.

3) Give Bobby Portis the full MLE on a 3 or 4 year deal.

Starters - Brunson, Jrue Holiday, Hardaway, Giannis and Myles Turner

Bench - 6th man Justin Holiday, Bobby Portis, pick 31 and min contract players

Deep Bench - Merrill, Nwora, Diakite, Bryant - someone will break out from this group

Brunson is an elite defensive PG that's averaging 12.6 ppg shooting 52.2%/39.8%. Hardaway averages 16.6 ppg and has made 50 more 3's, 201 than anyone on the Bucks roster. Justin Holiday is a good defender who averages 10.3 ppg and has more made 3's, (162) than anyone currently on the Bucks roster.

PG Brunson - 30 min, Jrue - 18

SG Jrue - 17, Justin - 31

SF Hardaway - 28, Nwora - 16, 4 by others

PF Giannis - 34, Portis - 8, 6 by others

C Turner - 32, Portis - 16

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    If the Bucks go on a deep playoff run, Game 7 ECF or finals. Then we should try to run it back as best we can and Bud probably gets 1 more year. If we get beat in the 2nd round again, Bud will get fired and we could look to make significant changes. If that happens I'd like to attempt the following moves.

1) Kris Middleton for 2 sign and trade players in Jalen Brunson and Tim Hardaway along with draft compensation.

2) Donte, Brolo and Pat C and some of the draft compensation from above for Myles Turner and Justin Holiday.

3) Give Bobby Portis the full MLE on a 3 or 4 year deal.

Starters - Brunson, Jrue Holiday, Hardaway, Giannis and Myles Turner

Bench - 6th man Justin Holiday, Bobby Portis, pick 31 and min contract players

Deep Bench - Merrill, Nwora, Diakite, Bryant - someone will break out from this group

Brunson is an elite defensive PG that's averaging 12.6 ppg shooting 52.2%/39.8%. Hardaway averages 16.6 ppg and has made 50 more 3's, 201 than anyone on the Bucks roster. Justin Holiday is a good defender who averages 10.3 ppg and has more made 3's, (162) than anyone currently on the Bucks roster.

PG Brunson - 30 min, Jrue - 18

SG Jrue - 17, Justin - 31

SF Hardaway - 28, Nwora - 16, 4 by others

PF Giannis - 34, Portis - 8, 6 by others

C Turner - 32, Portis - 16
    I think you would have to sell me more on these Mavs players. Kinda so so trade. Not sure what the draft picks would be. Also it's the Mavs in the playoffs. I see the Pacers saying no to DDV and Slopez and PATC and picks. Why not exclude the Mavs deal and Middleton to the Pacers for Turner and Holiday? Also i'm not that fond of Turner. His 3pt% fell off this year. Also lousy rebounder. I'd rather have Sabonis.

Oh and Hardaway JR is a UFA. Sign and trade would hard cap us. Also us over the cap and in the tax doubt we can this summer. I believe over the cap or in the tax prevents a sign and trade.

Middleton is the closer and is basically the only guy who can hit contested jumpers. I get he's not elite, elite, but he's the best bucket getter on the team. Trading him for Brunson and Hardaway is an awful deal.

The biggest issue the Bucks have had in the last few playoffs is when teams lock them down defensively and wall off the paint for giannis, the bucks dont have enough guys to get buckets. Middleton has been the only guy that's been able to do that. Jrue helps and the hope is that he's a difference maker. But trading one of our best bucket getters for a couple role players isn't the answer.

Yeah I would set my sights a littler higher than that deal for Middleton. Dude's an all-star and Brunson or THJ aren't shot creators for themselves really at all. Also it doesn't work with sign-and-trade rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Yeah I would set my sights a littler higher than that deal for Middleton. Dude's an all-star and Brunson or THJ aren't shot creators for themselves really at all. Also it doesn't work with sign-and-trade rules.
    Agreed! This is not a good trade involving Middleton. We should be looking into Beal, sign and trade with the Bulls for Lavine, a package for Beasley and DLo, Levert and Warren, Alexander, Dort and added pieces, I would even do a sign and trade package with Olynyk including Martin and Porter

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Agreed! This is not a good trade involving Middleton. We should be looking into Beal, sign and trade with the Bulls for Lavine, a package for Beasley and DLo, Levert and Warren, Alexander, Dort and added pieces, I would even do a sign and trade package with Olynyk including Martin and Porter
    For some of these, you may have to set your sites a bit lower or at least differently. We aren't getting Lavine for Midds. The bulls aren't full fledged contenders yet but they have playoff team contender. They are probably a few years at best away from even remotely being true contenders. So swapping a 26 year old Lavine for a 29 year old Middleton doesn't make sense for them at all.

Same argument basically applies to Beal. Beal is better than Middleton to start with, but swapping a 27 year old for a 29 year old when you're a borderline playoff team at best doesn't make sense. If they deal Beal, they're going to want younger players and picks.

Maybe a 3 way deal could work, but no chance OKC is looking for a Middleton type. Theyre in on picks and young players. So trading a 22 year old Dort for a 28 year old Middleton, even if Middleton is better, doesn't make sense in their schedule.

DLo and Beasley is interesting. Not sure either side loves it though. DLo scares me. I'm not sure he's a great player on a winning team. He's a nice player and he can be a really good player on a bottom rung playoff team, but I wonder how well his style translates to a winning team where he's the 3rd best player. He's generally a higher usage, loser efficiency guy who's are his best with the ball in his hands. He won't be able to do that as much in Milwaukee. So is he still really good player on lower usage? And he's never been a good defender, but his high usage offense offset it. So at a lower usage, does his offense still offset it? I'm not sure thats true.

Lavert's health is interesting as well. So I'm not sure how I feel about him. But at least that team makes some sense for looking to trade with. They may be looking for an immediate veteran update.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    For some of these, you may have to set your sites a bit lower or at least differently. We aren't getting Lavine for Midds. The bulls aren't full fledged contenders yet but they have playoff team contender. They are probably a few years at best away from even remotely being true contenders. So swapping a 26 year old Lavine for a 29 year old Middleton doesn't make sense for them at all.

Same argument basically applies to Beal. Beal is better than Middleton to start with, but swapping a 27 year old for a 29 year old when you're a borderline playoff team at best doesn't make sense. If they deal Beal, they're going to want younger players and picks.

Maybe a 3 way deal could work, but no chance OKC is looking for a Middleton type. Theyre in on picks and young players. So trading a 22 year old Dort for a 28 year old Middleton, even if Middleton is better, doesn't make sense in their schedule.

DLo and Beasley is interesting. Not sure either side loves it though. DLo scares me. I'm not sure he's a great player on a winning team. He's a nice player and he can be a really good player on a bottom rung playoff team, but I wonder how well his style translates to a winning team where he's the 3rd best player. He's generally a higher usage, loser efficiency guy who's are his best with the ball in his hands. He won't be able to do that as much in Milwaukee. So is he still really good player on lower usage? And he's never been a good defender, but his high usage offense offset it. So at a lower usage, does his offense still offset it? I'm not sure thats true.

Lavert's health is interesting as well. So I'm not sure how I feel about him. But at least that team makes some sense for looking to trade with. They may be looking for an immediate veteran update.
    You make a point about trading with the Pacers and LeVert. LeVert is like $17.5M to Middleton's $35.5M next season. Do they give us Turner as well? Or Warren and Lamb? You figure DDV is near for a new payday we wont wanna be stuck with. I think DDV is what he is at this point. If he gets better we can't afford him anyway.

My guess if we trade Middleton and get Levert and some other good piece. Maybe get one of the two Holidays as well? Or would our Holiday be mad having a brother around? I know Brook wasn't happy we got Robin previous season. Also my guess DDV is traded possibly packaged maybe with Slopez.

Also we could lose Portis,Forbes and Tucker. I don't mine losing Tucker in the offseason unless he goes beast mode in the playoffs raining threes. Bucks are in a pickle with cap next season. We could have a worse off team next season. Besides less depth.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 05-19-2021 at 09:17 AM.