Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 235 of 245 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3672
  1. #3511
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,030
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Selling high on Portis still wont add up to anything significant. I doubt the Rockets trade Cousins. He's close friends with Wall. I wouldn't mind trading for Rose. But we don't have much to offer other then Wilson and second round pick maybe? Before rest of our newly signed guys can be traded later on.
    God the Bucks need a backup big badly, I don't think they can afford to get rid if Portis. He has been very good. Maybe DJ Wilson and when he can Pat C - that's 10 mill -...I would rather deal for one decent player. Average even. Team needs a big and at least another wing to do any damage in the postseason. This team could use a Jamal Crawford. Maybe he would come for the minimum?

  2. #3512
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    964
    Any chance to trade for Oladipo now that he's on the Rockets?

  3. #3513
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,750
    I just don't see how we have the assets to get Vic now. They are clearly in a pick grabbing rebuild, so I'm not sure who we'd give up. Maybe we could talk them into DD but I don't think he'd be of major interest to them. They're looking for pics for sure.

  4. #3514
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,474
    After what Brooklyn did to get Harden, I wonder how Milwaukee plans to counter all that? Or who the Bucks go after via trade

  5. #3515
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Any chance to trade for Oladipo now that he's on the Rockets?
    Oladipo wants to sign with the Heat as a free agent after the season.

  6. #3516
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    After what Brooklyn did to get Harden, I wonder how Milwaukee plans to counter all that? Or who the Bucks go after via trade
    Bucks don't have any ammo left to pull off a big trade. Gave up all our first round picks in the Holiday trade. Lost a second round pick for tampering. I doubt DDV,Lopez,Wilson and any second round picks lands us LaVine. But I believe he got hurt recently. So hold off on that one. Bucks only hope is internal growth with Norwa or Merrill. But Bud barely plays them. Buyout market wont help much. Marvin Williams didn't help much. Previous year Pau Gasol was injured yet we waived Wood for him.

  7. #3517
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    After what Brooklyn did to get Harden, I wonder how Milwaukee plans to counter all that? Or who the Bucks go after via trade
    I mean, did Brooklyn get that much better? Harden is a great player and I hate the old "there's only one ball" adage. But in this case, it's probably true. I mean, kyrie and harden aren't great defenders. Joe Harris isn't a great defender. That team is going to be awesome offensively, but horrible on defense. How much better did the offense get by adding harden and how much worse did the defense get?

    If they actually trade kyrie for some defense, it could be a different story, but that nets team is going to give up points. And theyll be super hard to defend. Look at past big 3s. Bosh sacrificed and became a pretty good defender and floor spacer and that was vital to that team. Who's sacrificing for the nets?

    I'm not saying the nets aren't good. But I'm not sure they got alot better. Maybe they'll get a ring chaser big in the buyout market something. But as constructed, that team is going to struggle to defend the Bucks.

  8. #3518
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean, did Brooklyn get that much better? Harden is a great player and I hate the old "there's only one ball" adage. But in this case, it's probably true. I mean, kyrie and harden aren't great defenders. Joe Harris isn't a great defender. That team is going to be awesome offensively, but horrible on defense. How much better did the offense get by adding harden and how much worse did the defense get?

    If they actually trade kyrie for some defense, it could be a different story, but that nets team is going to give up points. And theyll be super hard to defend. Look at past big 3s. Bosh sacrificed and became a pretty good defender and floor spacer and that was vital to that team. Who's sacrificing for the nets?

    I'm not saying the nets aren't good. But I'm not sure they got alot better. Maybe they'll get a ring chaser big in the buyout market something. But as constructed, that team is going to struggle to defend the Bucks.
    I agree! I was just talking to a family member about Brooklyn. I also thought Brooklyn should have a hard time guarding us and we should be able to make things difficult for their big 3. Giannis on Durant, Craig on Harden and Holiday on Irving. However if they do come out with the win, I think one of the others would have a hot game

  9. #3519
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    I agree! I was just talking to a family member about Brooklyn. I also thought Brooklyn should have a hard time guarding us and we should be able to make things difficult for their big 3. Giannis on Durant, Craig on Harden and Holiday on Irving. However if they do come out with the win, I think one of the others would have a hot game
    no one can guard durant he can beat you on the outside post you up and beat you in transition, durant is 100% his old self.. nets big 3 are much more explosive then the bucks big 3..

  10. #3520
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    no one can guard durant he can beat you on the outside post you up and beat you in transition, durant is 100% his old self.. nets big 3 are much more explosive then the bucks big 3..
    I agree Durant is great but if there's one guy built to slow him its Giannis. And the Nets big 3 is more dynamic offensively for sure, but they also have to play defense. And that lack of bigs is going to hurt on defense and rebounding. Durant is going to have to shoulder a much bigger workload on defense and on the glass.

    And rebounding is about more than just individual numbers. Sure, harden can get alot of rebounds, but that's partially due to bugs keeping their guy off the glass so the guards can clean up.

    I'm not saying it won't work, but there's definitely risk there. Look at the Heat big 3. They lost their first year and Bosh completely changed who he was for the betterment of the team. He became a defensive, rebounder who spaced the floor on offense. They needed that. The Nets will need that too and who's the guy making that sacrifice?

  11. #3521
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I agree Durant is great but if there's one guy built to slow him its Giannis. And the Nets big 3 is more dynamic offensively for sure, but they also have to play defense. And that lack of bigs is going to hurt on defense and rebounding. Durant is going to have to shoulder a much bigger workload on defense and on the glass.

    And rebounding is about more than just individual numbers. Sure, harden can get alot of rebounds, but that's partially due to bugs keeping their guy off the glass so the guards can clean up.

    I'm not saying it won't work, but there's definitely risk there. Look at the Heat big 3. They lost their first year and Bosh completely changed who he was for the betterment of the team. He became a defensive, rebounder who spaced the floor on offense. They needed that. The Nets will need that too and who's the guy making that sacrifice?
    💯

  12. #3522
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,030
    On paper the Nets are so much better than the Bucks it's not close.

    I will say Pat C is playing great. He is hitting almost 50 percent from 3. That can also be bad as you know the crash is coming lol. DJA has been pretty horrendous. I thought he was going to be very good he is bound to start shooting it better.

    The Bucks just don't have enough wings....Middleton is very good but can he defend KD and score 25 a lot of nights? Probably not and Bud had him on KD a lot in the 1H. I feel better about the Bucks after this loss to the Nets to be honest.

    Jrue Holiday is damn good and Harden still had what 32-12-6?

  13. #3523
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,750
    The Nets shot over 50% from 3 and we still had a shot to win. That's a pretty decent sign. Bucks haven't been great this year but in at least a few of their losses, the opposing team shot over 50% from 3. Some of that is needing to clean up rotations but some of that is just luck too.

    DJA has been bad. Hopefully he improves. He played well in the playoffs against us, but man he's struggled. Like you said, Pat C has played well and has his moments. But like most of our bench, if he's shooting it well he's valuable, if he's not, you kind of nail him to the bench. It's the same with Forbes. Doesn't offer enough when he isn't hitting shots. But if he's hit, he's awesome.

  14. #3524
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,591
    Raptors waived Alex Len. Bucks should go after him. Not sure gets to us on the waiver wire though.

  15. #3525
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,474
    Better to go after anyone that is on the buyout market but who

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •