Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 237 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3553
    If we want a plug and play guy in the draft tonight, I think Tre Jones is an ideal back up PG that may be available. Never makes a mistake, plays hard defensively. Not much upside, but floor is solid backup PG.

Would Frank Kaminski be worth while as a big if he wants to come home for the vet minimum? Smart player and can score pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    If we want a plug and play guy in the draft tonight, I think Tre Jones is an ideal back up PG that may be available. Never makes a mistake, plays hard defensively. Not much upside, but floor is solid backup PG.

Would Frank Kaminski be worth while as a big if he wants to come home for the vet minimum? Smart player and can score pretty well.
    I'd try to get Noel first for a free agent big or Baynes. Maybe Cousins if his health is okay. Well we got #42,#45,#60 for tonight's draft. Could try for a big man and maybe a PG and a wing or a PF.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    You need the full 15 to use 2 way contracts. With covid and the potential for guys to be out, I think they'll have a full roster of 15.
    Well we got like 10 players now after tonight's draft. If we keep all 3 picks.

Holiday,Bogdan,Middleton,Giannis,Brook

Thanasis
    James

Unless we use two to move up a little in the second round. But doubt we do. Them are cheap prospects to farm. We have our starting core. Well until Giannis and Holiday grab then pen and sign. Bench is open for ring chasers. Need some end of bench cheap youth to farm.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 11-18-2020 at 05:47 PM.

The completion of the Milwaukee Bucks’ trade for Sacramento Kings guard Bogdan Bogdanovic is in peril, sources told The Athletic’s Sam Amick on Wednesday.

Bogdanovic never agreed to join the Bucks and that has become a major issue, sources told Amick. A high-ranking team official told Amick the deal has issues and the outcome is unclear.
    Could be a smoke screen. But heck teams should be allowed to talk for sign and trades for RFA. I think this is bogus. Unless a team like the Hawks wanted to offer more money. Heck KD was signed by the Nets like 2 hours before free agency other year.

I say ********. Some were trying to suggest this was tampering when it was announced days ago.

Also Bogdan needs to remember he is a RFA. Kings can match. Why rot with the Kings. Hawks had to offer some crazy money bag for this to come out now. I thought he was close buds with Giannis? Or this is smoke a mirrors so we don't get the trade revoked for some bogus tamper days before? All I can think of. Unless he wants the money bag and lose games. Unless Kings getting greedy and want some of the second round picks we weaseled up.

Amick has to be a planted leak.

There's way too much smoke on this now. Perhaps it is all a smokescreen to try to avoid tampering, but I doubt it. It really seems like this thing is falling apart, which takes some luster off the Jrue deal.

Free Agency doesn't start till tomorrow and Bogdan is a restricted free agent. This deal should never have been announced till tomorrow. So yes, the Bucks were tampering and the league was likely to have voided the deal. Bogdan and his agent are doing the Bucks a favor by saying that they are entering free agency to see what offers come. Brian Windhorst said this morning, " Bogdan wants to play with Giannis, Look for this deal to be done on Sunday or so, that way there is no tampering.

Well, forget everything I stated above. Bucks are releasing Ersan Illyasova, which means the Bogdan trade is officially over and done. Stupid Brian Windhorst. I believed everything he said this morning. Now I'm in a bad mood.

We over spent on the Holiday trade, but the trade for Bogdan was a great deal, which more than made up for the overpay on Holiday. Now we're back to the usual overpaying with no redeeming 2nd trade.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 11-19-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Free Agency doesn't start till tomorrow and Bogdan is a restricted free agent. This deal should never have been announced till tomorrow. So yes, the Bucks were tampering and the league was likely to have voided the deal. Bogdan and his agent are doing the Bucks a favor by saying that they are entering free agency to see what offers come. Brian Windhorst said this morning, " Bogdan wants to play with Giannis, Look for this deal to be done on Sunday or so, that way there is no tampering.

Well, forget everything I stated above. Bucks are releasing Ersan Illyasova, which means the Bogdan trade is officially over and done. Stupid Brian Windhorst. I believed everything he said this morning. Now I'm in a bad mood.

We over spent on the Holiday trade, but the trade for Bogdan was a great deal, which more than made up for the overpay on Holiday. Now we're back to the usual overpaying with no redeeming 2nd trade.
    Damn that stings. So when guys sign the minute FA hits they weren't tampering lol. This sucks. NBA wants Giannis out of MKE lol. He might have left anyway but man the Bucks always find a way to ******* things up

As currently constructed, we have 9 players at $115.53 Mil including dead money, which is $17.1 Mil below tax line of $132.63 Million. Add 5 minimum contracts at $1.6 Mil each would leave us $9.1 Mil of a possible $9.26 Mil for Non-taxpayer MLE. So if we chose we can target a Gallinari or Dragic type player at about a 4 year $40 Mil deal. Or maybe 2 players like Justin Holiday and DJ Augustine at $5.7 Mil and $5.0 Mil each. $9.1 + $1.6 (2nd player) = $10.7.

It sucks that Bogdan is out and we won't be able to make up for it, but it does free up a bit more money for free agency. Be nice if we could trade DJ for a future 2nd, then we could have the BAE as well at $3.26 mil. Say DJ for Justin James at $1.52 Mil. That would add 3 Mil.

With the trade rescinded. Bucks waive Ersan. DDV and Wilson return. So no Bogdan or James. I bet Alex leaked it to early. Seems a bit grim now. Maybe Wes returns since no Bogdan? Still not exciting with DDV and Wes at SG.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    With the trade rescinded. Bucks waive Ersan. DDV and Wilson return. So no Bogdan or James. I bet Alex leaked it to early. Seems a bit grim now. Maybe Wes returns since no Bogdan? Still not exciting with DDV and Wes at SG.
    Actually there is one person responsible for the Bogdan debacle and that person is Adrian Wojnarowski. One of Woj's disciples declared the deal very likely at around 11:45 P.M. at 12:08 Woj had to out due him and declared it a done deal. Bucks should sue Woj for reporting misinformation and he needs to be fired.

If we really want Bogdan as much as it sounded like we do, it could still get done, but would have to include Brook Lopez instead of Ersan. By swaping Brook for Ersan in the trade it adds an additional $5.7 Mil in out going salary, so the Bucks could offer a deal starting anywhere from $18 - $22 Mil per season. I'm not sure we should do this deal, but we would have our 90 ppg starting 4 for the next 4 years in all likelihood. This season we would be a longshot to win the chip, but we could really fill out the rest of the roster with MLE's and the Bae in the subsequent seasons.

Still a chance Wes and/or Rolo could comeback as well. Article was just out stating Rolo wanted to be in control of where he plays. Not sure about Wes. Heat and Lakers want him.

With the botch trade of Bogdan. My guess Alex told Woj and Woj tweeted it. This happened that one draft where we were gonna get a extra first round pick in the same draft to move down with the Hawks. Bucks had the leak of us picking DDV instead of Huerter. So Hawks killed the deal to cough up a extra first and drafted Huerter themselves. Cause Hawks thought we be taking the player they wanted in Huerter.

Bucks could just expand on the old trade with Pelicans? But we waived Ersan. DDV and Wilson to get Redick? Also for Brook,DDV,Wilson for Bogdan. Just creates a hole at center then. Unless we got Baynes or Noel or somebody already in the bag tonight 6PM eastern for free agency. Also if the league is gonna investigate the Bogdan deal. Most like a pick or a fine or possibly not able to trade with that team for a year most likely.

Bucks need ring chasers badly. Decent ones. I'd try and break up the tax MLE into Baynes and Crowder. But probably not enough.