Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 174 of 237 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3554
  1. #2596
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Mirotic will come off the bench and play with Giannis in the frontcourt smallball lineup with Hill/Brown/Snell to start 2Q. Mirotic is going to be a huge boost for this bench. A lot of Bucks bench guys aren't scorers and hard-nosed defenders and dependent on open catch-and-shoot opps: Hill, Brown, Snell. Mirotic will be a much-need scoring punch on the bench.
    Yeah... Bud is so stupid as in your level of Basketball ignorance as to do this!

    Bucks most minutes players during the playoffs will be Bledsoe at PG, Middleton at SG, Mirotic at SF, Giannis at PF and Lopez at C... Brogdon will be 6th in minutes and Brown 7th... This is despite what the starting line up will be!

    EDIT: Dad told me you called him clueless once and never apologized back... ARE YOU THAT STUPID? Do you self a favor and vanish from the face of the earth! STUPID TROLL!
    Last edited by buckalisSon; 02-13-2019 at 06:51 PM.

  2. #2597
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Honestly, does it really matter? There are only 4 of us commenting on here and to try and organize all the possible tangents into separate forums just seems exhausting for no real benefit.

    Plus, does the Middleton discussion not fall under the topic of "Free Agency"?
    It does matter, because all other subjects become inactive and this is the reason behind being only 4 posters here... "Free agency" in the title means suggestions coming from posters as to land new players out of free agency!

  3. #2598
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    I think once again we basically agree, you just have a more optimistic approach towards the postseason than I do. I'd agree, if we make the NBA finals you bring everyone back. I also agree that if we lose early you let them walk. Both make perfect sense.

    In the end its all about keeping Giannis happy and more importantly winning a chip.
    Hang on a minute... What "bring everyone back" means? Does it mean that we pay "the moon and the sun" to who ever is on an expiring?

    The wise thing for the Bucks to do is to try and resign everybody... But nobody can stay with the Bucks if he asks for more than his value, or if he demands a salary that is higher that what our No1 player makes...

  4. #2599
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    I agree with this. IMO if you bring back Mirotic you let Lopez walk. Then you go small ball with Giannis at the 5 and Mirotic at the 4. Can still ditch Middleton and go Snell at the 3 (or someone else).

    Mirotic cannot guard faster 3s, though neither can Middleton lets be honest.
    My Dad is desperately trying to convince you that you have the wrong idea about what "modern basketball" is like... The better teams in the NBA (GSW, Celtics) are playing "big" SFs and the most ambitious teams (call me Knicks with Knox) are trying to do the same...

    Last season Middleton scored 6!!! (yes! that is SIX pts) against GSW in the home game... How many did he score this season in our home loss?

    Remember the conflict between Bud and Middleton in the game against the Knicks? Knox bloody scored 5 out of 5 3pts shooting over Middleton and we lost the game!

    Look at the recent game against the Magic we lost... Gordon practically bullied Middleton's defense and he ceased him when Middleton was on offense!

    Above all... the teams that have beaten us, are all forgetting about Middleton and are throwing triple big defenders on Giannis!

    This is all over now with Mirotic... No more triple guards on Giannis, no more "hole" in our periphery defense, no more "the Bucks are allowing more 3s against them than any other team in the league"... It really is that simple!

  5. #2600
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    I wonder what you guys have to say about your silly insist of the Bucks playing with 3 guards on the floor after the win in Indiana... We simply DESTROYED them by playing 3 "towers" on the floor and Middleton at SG for the entire of the 4th quarter!

    The three "bigs" for the 4th quarter were Lopez, Giannis and Ilyasova... After the All Star game, it will be Giannis, Mirotic and Lopez...

    Listen to my Dad's wisdom, when my Dad speaks on basketball, it's all you need to know! We will play Middleton at SG for the playoffs and after that, it's up to him if he stays or goes... The Bucks don't give a dime if he goes now that they have Mirotic!

  6. #2601
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalisSon View Post
    I wonder what you guys have to say about your silly insist of the Bucks playing with 3 guards on the floor after the win in Indiana... We simply DESTROYED them by playing 3 "towers" on the floor and Middleton at SG for the entire of the 4th quarter!

    The three "bigs" for the 4th quarter were Lopez, Giannis and Ilyasova... After the All Star game, it will be Giannis, Mirotic and Lopez...

    Listen to my Dad's wisdom, when my Dad speaks on basketball, it's all you need to know! We will play Middleton at SG for the playoffs and after that, it's up to him if he stays or goes... The Bucks don't give a dime if he goes now that they have Mirotic!
    Let's be real, Giannis just carried the Bucks tonight. Middleton/Lopez/Bledsoe all sucked. The reason we went big was because Bledsoe needed to get benched for his awful effort on defense. Sometimes you just gotta play matchups, doesn't mean its going to work that way every night.

  7. #2602
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Let's be real, Giannis just carried the Bucks tonight. Middleton/Lopez/Bledsoe all sucked. The reason we went big was because Bledsoe needed to get benched for his awful effort on defense. Sometimes you just gotta play matchups, doesn't mean its going to work that way every night.
    If you would have watched coach Bud's postgame interview, you would have hear him saying that it was his choice to play "big" for the 4th quarter... He would have done so with Bledsoe too... Bledsoe's benching, had nothing to do with playing "big"... Bledsoe was benched and was replaced by Hill and then by Brogdon. Middleton was played at SG at the 4th.

    We played "big" because we would have lost the game even if Bledsoe/Middleton and Lopez were playing their normal performance.

    The thing is that Celtics and GSW are also playing "big", therefore the only way to beat them, is to avoid being mismatched against them and this can be done only if we play Mirotic at SF.

  8. #2603
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,414
    Well it helps that Oladipo is injured. No way Middleton can keep up with Oladipo's foot speed at SG. As for free agents I wouldn't mind Bojan Bogdanovic. Only problem is he's 29.

  9. #2604
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Off course Olandipo's absence helped, but don't forget that the Pacers have beaten the Raptors playing without Olandipo for 3/4ths of the game, since Olandipo was injured only just after the 2nd quarter started. I agree, Middleton can't guard Olandipo, but again, who is the one Middleton can guard at either SG or SF? I guess the obvious answer is ...nobody!

    Bojan being 29 next season isn't a problem... These guys join the league after they have matured in the Euroleague and are usually playing their best at the age of 31 to 34... Look at Dragic, or Mark Gasol's past history. If we can get Bogdanovic out of free agency, we'll end up with a significant upgrade over Middleton, his defense is state of the art and he scores more too, but above all, he is consistent and has far more basketball skills than Middleton!

    More, Bogdanovic and Mirotic are no way getting an offer in the league that will be more than 20M annually... They are not Americans and the are not considered "big names" in the US like Gasol is, or like Doncic will be... Dad says that both Mirotic and Bogdanovic would have been All Stars already if they were Americans.

  10. #2605
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,585
    Next season will be considered bogdanivic's age 30 season. If you want or compare him to dragic, dragic best seasons from a PER perspective by age are ages 27, 30, 25, 26, 28. If you prefer win shares, the only major differences are that age 28 moves to 3rd, age 25 drops off to 6th (because he missed 13 games) and age 31 moves to 5th. So while dragic is still playing at a pretty decent level, his best play clearly was in that age 25-28 window, which is very common.

  11. #2606
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Next season will be considered bogdanivic's age 30 season. If you want or compare him to dragic, dragic best seasons from a PER perspective by age are ages 27, 30, 25, 26, 28. If you prefer win shares, the only major differences are that age 28 moves to 3rd, age 25 drops off to 6th (because he missed 13 games) and age 31 moves to 5th. So while dragic is still playing at a pretty decent level, his best play clearly was in that age 25-28 window, which is very common.
    Dragic isn't as good as he was two seasons ago, only because of the knee injury that has caused him to under perform for the later months of last season and a lot of absence in this season's games! Unfortunately, not every team in the NBA has the Bucks state of the art quality of medical support for their players... Mirotic was saying the same (in other words) to the interview he gave just before the game against the Bulls at Chicago...

  12. #2607
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,414
    Bit crazy. But i'd like to see Wilson get like 30 minutes and about 12 or so shots and see what he does for usage wise. Just a idea if a team offers crazy contract to Middleton. Then if we miss on the next few SF's. Wilson should get the nod to be starter at SF then.

  13. #2608
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bit crazy. But i'd like to see Wilson get like 30 minutes and about 12 or so shots and see what he does for usage wise. Just a idea if a team offers crazy contract to Middleton. Then if we miss on the next few SF's. Wilson should get the nod to be starter at SF then.
    You did well to divert this Middleton conversation here: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...oney-Middleton! where it belongs! I will therefore reply to you there and would encourage everybody to do the same... We must stop posting irrelevant to irrelevant threads if we want to have an attractive "Bucks forum site"

    I guess Bogdanovic and any other suggestion can be discussed here.

  14. 02-14-2019, 03:13 PM
    Reason
    Off topic- TT

  15. 02-14-2019, 03:36 PM
    Reason
    Off topic- TT

  16. #2609
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalisSon View Post
    My Dad is desperately trying to convince you that you have the wrong idea about what "modern basketball" is like... The better teams in the NBA (GSW, Celtics) are playing "big" SFs and the most ambitious teams (call me Knicks with Knox) are trying to do the same...

    Last season Middleton scored 6!!! (yes! that is SIX pts) against GSW in the home game... How many did he score this season in our home loss?

    Remember the conflict between Bud and Middleton in the game against the Knicks? Knox bloody scored 5 out of 5 3pts shooting over Middleton and we lost the game!

    Look at the recent game against the Magic we lost... Gordon practically bullied Middleton's defense and he ceased him when Middleton was on offense!

    Above all... the teams that have beaten us, are all forgetting about Middleton and are throwing triple big defenders on Giannis!

    This is all over now with Mirotic... No more triple guards on Giannis, no more "hole" in our periphery defense, no more "the Bucks are allowing more 3s against them than any other team in the league"... It really is that simple!
    You claim to be so smart and yet make idiotic comments. You ask how many points Middleton scored in the home loss? The answer is who cares. If it were 0, that would have been ok, because he held KD to 9. There is a lot more to the game of basketball than scoring.

    You reference the magic game, which we did lose badly in, but fail to point out that the loss had nothing to do with the team. The loss was 100% to be blamed on the schedule. We were in Dallas for a 7:30 game the night before. Under those circumstances, we'd likely have lost even if we had Giannis and added Paul George to our roster after 4 hours on a plane and getting in to Milwaukee in the early morning.

    You think your so smart, but don't even speak the english language very well.

  17. #2610
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bit crazy. But i'd like to see Wilson get like 30 minutes and about 12 or so shots and see what he does for usage wise. Just a idea if a team offers crazy contract to Middleton. Then if we miss on the next few SF's. Wilson should get the nod to be starter at SF then.
    Wilson is still too inconsistent to play big minutes on the best team in the NBA. He has a couple great games and then puts up a doughnut in 3 or 4 straight games. I love the way he's improved and think the future is very bright for Wilson, but if Middleton were out for the season and we replaced him with Wilson, this team would be ripe for another 1st round elimination.

    Middleton is the key player for this years playoff success. Last year he was phenominal in the series against Boston. If he can be 80% as good as he was in last years playoffs, we will win at least 2 games against the Warriors in the finals. Understand that 80% of last year is still above 50% from 3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •