Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2971
    Bledsoe is 30 next season? Damn I didn't think he was that old. Ya make a good point. Oh and Spencer Dinwiddie got 3/$34M from Nets. Is that a starting point for bids on Brogdon next summer? So he may end up with same or more.

Aren't they already at $43 mill if they waive all rights and cut hill?

I can't see them waiving brogdons rights since it's so small. He's probably the last one to be brought back in the fold since we can keep his rights and bring him back above the cap.

So realistically, if we want to clear a max level contract, all we have to do is release hill and waive our bird rights on midds and Bledsoe. Problem is, we likely can't sign a max deal that's good enough to adequately replace both guys.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Honestly not sure why people are so eager to resign Middleton. I think I let him walk. For the money he's going to demand I don't think he's worth it. Defense isn't there and if he's not making his shot, just has zero impact on the game. Honestly over the last few Brown has had a much bigger impact on the games than Middleton has.
    Wow, I can't beleive you call out Middletons defense right after the Raptors and Warriors games. I would have agreed with you before that, but Midd's played outstanding defense against KD, (11 points) and against Kwahi Leonard. He played defense 3 times better than I thought he was capable of. So to me it's all about effort on defense for Middleton. He always has good hands defensively, but rarely do you see him put up the effort defensively as he did against the Warriors and Raptors.

I am much more worried about his offense right now. If he doesn't turn it around, you definately don't want him back, but it's much more likely that he'll be on fire again in a couple weeks and we'll all forget we had this conversation. Now I'm not giving Middleton the max, because this team can't afford that. But if Kris goes back to playing at a high level and we can sign him to a deal similar to the one Giannis signed, then it's a no brainer.

The Bucks say they have their core that they intend to win championships with right now. Obviously that includes Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez. If they cut Hill loose at seasons end and Telly's contract goes away due to injury settlement, they'll have just over $60 Million below the tax to resign their core. Lets say $63 Mil for an approximate amount. Our core will all need to leave money on the table to be resigned. If they want to stay in Milwaukee to try to win a championship, they will need to take less money. Middleton isn't getting $35 Mil per and Brogdon isn't getting $15 Mil per. At least not from the Bucks, they're not.

You do the math. Lopez has to take the MLE at just over $8 mil. That's a no brainer, $55 Mil left. Bledsoe say $15 and Brogdon say $12, only leaves $28 Mil for Middleton and pick. Could we exceed the cap for 1 year? maybe, but Middleton is not getting $30 Mil from Bucks, Brogdon is not getting $15 and Bledsoe has to take a pay cut.

My own personnel preference would be to sign Lopez to the MLE, sign Terry Rozier 5 years $105 Mil to replace Bledsoe and let Brogdon walk. Resign Middleton at a team friendly 4 years - $105 mil, assuming he starts playing well again and sign a veteran backup PG cheap and replace Brogdon with Brown and DD.

I am fully against Rozier at 5/105, I think Brogdon is a more consistent player and will cost about 1/2 of that. I would rather go full bore after Kemba and keep Brogdon 3/40ish. I think Kemba can be that end of the game assassin that Giannis can't be until his jump shot is better. Rozier is a very nice player but for 20 million we need a star and Rozier hasn't even shot 40% in a year. Brook at the MLE would make a ton of sense, in my opinion he has been key for Bledsoe this year and helped Giannis a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I am fully against Rozier at 5/105, I think Brogdon is a more consistent player and will cost about 1/2 of that. I would rather go full bore after Kemba and keep Brogdon 3/40ish. I think Kemba can be that end of the game assassin that Giannis can't be until his jump shot is better. Rozier is a very nice player but for 20 million we need a star and Rozier hasn't even shot 40% in a year. Brook at the MLE would make a ton of sense, in my opinion he has been key for Bledsoe this year and helped Giannis a lot.
    I'm not so sure that Kemba is an upgrade over Bledsoe. Yes he scores more, but at what cost? If Bledsoe fired up another 10 shots per game, he'd be Kemba. Kemba is among the league leaders in made 3's, but he shoots it at a slightly lower percentage than Bledsoe. He averages about 0.5 assists per game more as the primary ball handler, where as that duty is shared in Milwaukee. Bledsoe is shooting over 50% from the field. Kemba 42%.

Don't get me wrong. I think Kemba is a better player than Bledsoe, but he's not a $10 to $15 Mil per year better player than Bledsoe. I'll take the combo of Bledsoe and Brogdon over Kemba for the same amount of money.

Your probably right that Rozier wouldn't be worth that money. I like Rozier as a replacement for Bledsoe, mostly based on last years playoff series, but would prefer to get him at a more reasonable contract. I also agree that Brogdon offensively might be a better cheaper option than Rozier, but Rozier can defend PG's and Brogdon can't. It's become apparent to me that Brogdon is not a PG. A combo guard yes, but not a pure PG. We can not go into next season with Brogdon as the starting PG and expect to compete defensively.

The problem with the Bledsoe vs kemba comp is that you're completely right if you're talking strictly about this season. But Bledsoe is not consistent. Last year's playoffs were a good example. So the question becomes, has Bledsoe really turned the corner or is this more of a short term anomoly.

Kemba has been consistently good for awhile. He hasn't always been efficient, but that also begs the question. Is he inefficient because he's asked to shoulder too much of the offense ekr are his numbers good because he gets to dominate the ball? Could be become more efficient if he wasn't asked to do as much offensively?

Wow, I just looked at Kemba and was stunned that he doesn't have better shooting rates. I've always thought of him as a sharpshooter and he isn't. I still like Kemba but no where near a max deal. I guess unless Klay or Jimmy want to move to the cold, re-signing Middleton, Brogdon, and Bledsoe are really the only great free agent options. JJ Reddick would be nice but I would assume he will sign to a bigger name team. Tobias Harris orcould be an option if Middleton leaves but I don't nessesarily like the Harris/Giannis tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    Wow, I just looked at Kemba and was stunned that he doesn't have better shooting rates. I've always thought of him as a sharpshooter and he isn't. I still like Kemba but no where near a max deal. I guess unless Klay or Jimmy want to move to the cold, re-signing Middleton, Brogdon, and Bledsoe are really the only great free agent options. JJ Reddick would be nice but I would assume he will sign to a bigger name team. Tobias Harris orcould be an option if Middleton leaves but I don't nessesarily like the Harris/Giannis tandem.
    Yeah, I thought about Tobias if Middleton were to get too expensive as well. Think I'd prefer Brogdon to Reddick. If we can't afford Middleton maybe we could consider Danny Green or Trevor Ariza or even Bojan Bogdonovic as a replacement. I can't see Klay comming to Milwaukee, but Jimmy could be a possibility.

I'm more worried about PG though. If Bledsoe holds out for the highest bidder, PG is the position we have no one under contract and it's been our achiles heel for years. At least we know we have DD, Brown, Snell and Connaughton to play the 2 and 3. That group isn't leading you to the finals, but they can all play.

I don't want Butler. Let 76ers suffer with his slow grinding game and 5/$190M. Kemba is a beast. He pretty much carries the Hornets in every battle. Klay mentioned a while back he was glad we didn't draft him. So doubt he comes here. Also Warriors can offer more same goes for Kemba and Hornets. I'm still game to trading Middleton now. Send Middleton out for a big expiring and a rookie or two and or a pick. Not sure what value he has. Low end this my happy trade. Middleton to Suns for Warren and Okobo and our pick back. That pick back lets us do other trades like package it with Hill and Brogdon for maybe a Beal? Wizards may want cap. If not the Suns maybe Kings or Hornets? Doubt Kings give us Fox or Hield. Hornets may give up Monk and Bridges and a big salary filler or whatever.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 12-19-2018 at 09:10 AM.

As Bucks swingman Khris Middleton nears free agency, he’s unconcerned about the idea that he’s underrated, telling Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports, “Teams know who I am.” Middleton also contended that he and Giannis Antetokounmpo are “one of the most dynamic duos in the East.”

After adding George Hill to their roster, the Bucks have something of a logjam in their backcourt, according to Matt Velazquez of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who explores how coach Mike Budenholzer is handling that logjam. “It is a good problem,” Budenholzer said. “All of them have played, all of them have helped us. It’s part of, I guess, one of the harder parts about coaching is you have to make some tough decisions.”
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/12/...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I don't want Butler. Let 76ers suffer with his slow grinding game and 5/$190M. Kemba is a beast. He pretty much carries the Hornets in every battle. Klay mentioned a while back he was glad we didn't draft him. So doubt he comes here. Also Warriors can offer more same goes for Kemba and Hornets. I'm still game to trading Middleton now. Send Middleton out for a big expiring and a rookie or two and or a pick. Not sure what value he has. Low end this my happy trade. Middleton to Suns for Warren and Okobo and our pick back. That pick back lets us do other trades like package it with Hill and Brogdon for maybe a Beal? Wizards may want cap. If not the Suns maybe Kings or Hornets? Doubt Kings give us Fox or Hield. Hornets may give up Monk and Bridges and a big salary filler or whatever.
    We certainly aren't paying Butler $190 Mil, maybe $150 for 5. Kemba was a beast against us and early in the season, but now he's just inefficient most nights. Bledsoe is playing nearly a perfect season and dare I say is a better fit next to Giannis as a lower usage PG. The Suns trade isn't a bad trade, but I wouldn't do it. Sure getting our pick back allows us to make more trades, but the front office thinks this team is set as is and that we have our core, so trading away your 2nd best player to set up more trades doesn't allign very good with what management is saying. This team may be the same team we are playing with in 3 years too. I've been critical of Middletons offense during the slump, but his defense has been way better than any of us thought was possible at this point. Perhaps thats our problem, we can't beleive that Middleton is capable of being one of the leagues best defenders and yet he ranked 13th in the league during this stretch which included matchups with Leonard and Durant.

It's tough to throw away our best opportunity to win the tittle since the 80's before the trade deadline. I wouldn't trade Middleton for young unproven pieces at this point. Yes this may backfire if he signs elsewhere for a max after the season, but it's the chance you have to take. If he leaves there will be money to sign a partial replacement while keeping the rest of the core. Now if you can get a Beal or someone else near his talent level, then that might be something I'd consider.