Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 125 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3565
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    there is ZERO TALK or rumors about MIROTIC. you've actually made me hate him with how much you talk about him. I wanted him when there was talk of him being traded and now I hope he goes back to Europe never to be seen again. so tired of hearing about him. Youre like a lakers kobe fan when he was in his prime but with mirotic. hows that for discussion?
    Mirotic is surely available for a simple reason... The Pelicans can't extend both the contracts of Randle and his.... yet both players are to occupy the same roster spot.

I wouldn't talk about Mirotic if we have signed Beasley before the Lakers did... It's just that we need a player as to replace what Jabari was doing urgently and he is the only one available... We have none that can play both forward positions as to rotate properly.

Kidd tried Middleton at PF for some minutes last season just to find out that Middleton sucks at 4...
    We are full of shooting guards and "bigs" can't you see that? The only unicorn we have in the team is Giannis.

Anyway... where do you disagree (or find impossible) with the proposed deal? Would you rather have Henson, Delly & Thon or Mirotic and the cash?

The team played worse with jabari. At this point Id rather have anything than mirotic.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    there is ZERO TALK or rumors about MIROTIC. you've actually made me hate him with how much you talk about him. I wanted him when there was talk of him being traded and now I hope he goes back to Europe never to be seen again. so tired of hearing about him. Youre like a lakers kobe fan when he was in his prime but with mirotic. hows that for discussion?
    You must read my mine Dub!! I use to like Mirotic but after hearing Bucktails talk about him so much......I'm starting to hate him too!!
    Last edited by BUCK WILD!!; 08-15-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Mirotic is surely available for a simple reason... The Pelicans can't extend both the contracts of Randle and his.... yet both players are to occupy the same roster spot.

I wouldn't talk about Mirotic if we have signed Beasley before the Lakers did... It's just that we need a player as to replace what Jabari was doing urgently and he is the only one available... We have none that can play both forward positions as to rotate properly.

Kidd tried Middleton at PF for some minutes last season just to find out that Middleton sucks at 4...
    We are full of shooting guards and "bigs" can't you see that? The only unicorn we have in the team is Giannis.
    Illy will be the back up pf unless he is starting

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Illy will be the back up pf unless he is starting
    We still don't have a big that can play SF & PF, space the floor and shoot... GSW has the ultimate in KD, Knicks picked Knox, Lakers landed Beasley, Cicago got Jabari... We are signing a ton of guards instead!

I really can't understand you guys... Last season everybody was complaining that "we had too many guards and were thin on bigs", yet we gave the Celtics a good run in the playoffs, by playing no guards at SF after Jabari was back... This season we don't have Jabari nor a replacement and only have (a ton) of SGs to "play" SF... Ilyasova is replacing Telletovic (practically the same player) who replaced ..Ilyasova before! ...and you are asking for "more guards"?

I propose to land one that would replace Jabari's role in the roster by playing SF/PF because we have none and we can have him...and you reply back: "we don't want him (although he is a great player) because I insist on him"....

Where is the logic in all this? Can't you guys argue on reasoning instead?

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    You must read my mine Dub!! I use to like Mirotic but after hearing Bucktails talk about him so much......I'm starting to hate him too!!
    I was on the Mirotic hype train only when Portis punched his face in last year. I figured one of the two would be traded. We chatted about him all of last season in the early goings. But Pelicans got him. I rather talk about blockbuster trades now. Like a Kemba or Butler or Irving or whatever. Maybe this is the year Jordan trades Kemba if they fall fast early on into the season. Only bad part is I believe Kemba is on final year.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I was on the Mirotic hype train only when Portis punched his face in last year. I figured one of the two would be traded. We chatted about him all of last season in the early goings. But Pelicans got him. I rather talk about blockbuster trades now. Like a Kemba or Butler or Irving or whatever. Maybe this is the year Jordan trades Kemba if they fall fast early on into the season. Only bad part is I believe Kemba is on final year.
    Last season, we didn't need Mirotic... We had Jabari coming back! What we would do with both of them? Bench one to deep roster?

It was a Center we needed last season and then Ilyasova as to replace Telletovic...

It's after Jabari left this season that we need a SF/PF that can move like a wing, have a physical game and long shoot well...

EDIT: Besides, it's 22M we save from next season's guaranteed salaries out of Henson's, Delly's and Thon's salary with this deal...
    Last edited by buckalis; 08-16-2018 at 07:56 AM.

I consider Mirotic a PF/C. Parker was out good chunk of the early season. I think Mirotic got punched in the face like that summer or just before season started when they had skirmishes going on. Cause that was like the early rumor how they keep them together or shop one or other or both. Parker's stock was already low. Didn't care. He was just a bonus once he returned.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I consider Mirotic a PF/C. Parker was out good chunk of the early season. I think Mirotic got punched in the face like that summer or just before season started when they had skirmishes going on. Cause that was like the early rumor how they keep them together or shop one or other or both. Parker's stock was already low. Didn't care. He was just a bonus once he returned.
    Mirotic has never played center in his whole basketball life... It's only SF (for most of his pro career) and PF he has ever played...

He was traded to the Pelicans mid January 2018, some 10 games before Jabari came back.

Besides, would you expect the Bulls to take back Delly or Henson for Mirotic? I say this because that's all we had to trade with...

We'll never ever have the chance to get rid of Delly's & Henson's contracts and land Mirotic at the same time.... and all you guys do is instead of raving in favor of the idea that has 1000% chances to work, you try to undervalue the (ultra cheap for the moment) player!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

Mirotic is no SF. Maybe like 5 years ago in Europe. Not in NBA. Heck I just read a article of Pelicans needing a wing and using under sized 6'4" Moore at SF cause they have no wings since Hill is injured.

As I said before, Mirotic has played most of his career at SF... He played SF with the Bulls too... Coaches moving him to PF is because they don't have Giannis in their team...

Here is Tibodeau's own review on the reasons why he moved Mirotic to PF:

Its hard for him to pick up two positions right now, coach Tom Thibodeau said. When he does play (small forward), it limits what you can do. Its a very small package of what were using.
    I also dont want to take away from his aggressiveness, Thibodeau said. He has a distinct advantage at power forward because he can outquick those guys. Chicago Tribune

This was for the Cicago roster.

What we need is a guy that we would rotate with Middleton and Giannis, so that two of them are always on the floor, which is what we were doing with Jabari last season... There are only a few players (KD being the best) that can do that and that's why they are so precious to have...

EDIT: Mirotic would keep the team going when Khris goes out, with his long shot and ball handling ability next to Giannis on the floor and most important, he would be the optimum to have (other than KD) on the floor with Middleton when Giannis takes breaths...

It's that simple... what is one doesn't understand and insists to have ...10 (!!!) shooting guards in the team, of which one we would have pay 19M for next season and thus abandon any possibility of landing an ALL-STAR for 19/20?

It doesn't require one to be Einstein as to compare the two alternatives out of which the inferior one is not sure to happen, while the superior is sure to happen!
    Last edited by buckalis; 08-16-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    As I said before, Mirotic has played most of his career at SF... He played SF with the Bulls too... Coaches moving him to PF is because they don't have Giannis in their team...

Here is Tibodeau's own review on the reasons why he moved Mirotic to PF:

Its hard for him to pick up two positions right now, coach Tom Thibodeau said. When he does play (small forward), it limits what you can do. Its a very small package of what were using.
    I also dont want to take away from his aggressiveness, Thibodeau said. He has a distinct advantage at power forward because he can outquick those guys. Chicago Tribune

This was for the Cicago roster.
    Your quote is basically tibs saying hes unplayable at SF. And that was a few years ago. Mirotic is a fine player, but he isnt a SF. And we dont really need a SF. Just like when we had Jabari, Giannis can slide to SF if you bring in a guy like illy to play PF. One of middleton or Giannis will be on the floor for the majority of games. This isnt hockey where you have to line change. Giannis can play PF when hes with Middleton and SF when hes with illy. Its not that hard to figure out. Mirotic would be fine, but he would play the exact role that illy will be playing this year.

Plus we have guys like bazz, snell, brown and even PC who can cover a few minutes a night at SF if we want to give both guys a blow. We could probably use a little depth at SF in case of injury, but its not like not having a SF/PF guy is some missing link.