Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272
Results 4,066 to 4,079 of 4079
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Everything everyone said is true. But at the end of the day the bucks shot under 30% from 3. That's a problem and there's not much you can do about that.

Not saying stop trying to coach the team or make adjustments, but if you can't hit a 3 in today's NBA, you're screwed.
    No doubt crewfan, especially when allowing largely warmup 3s at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Yes this team needs to have a wing or guard - it's amazing the lack of guys they had on the roster highlighted by Midds loss to be able to - be able to do more than just hit stand still 3s outside of Jrue. Literally Jrue and Giannis and Midd are about the only 3 who can. It's insane you have a backup PG in Hill who just stands in the corner and isn't really handling the ball either. It's gross. How do you have only 3 guys on the roster who can create? Need a wing who can do this.

The Bucks offense really being in shambles missing Midds was not a good look for Bud. I mean role players stunk for sure. But the amount of no pass or one pass and shot vs. a set defense with 15 on the shot clock was startling. The offense was just brutal. Part of that is clearly Allen, Lopez, Hill, Portis (G6, 7) and every role player other than PC stinking particularly G6, 7. Wes played well enough in the early part of the series. His defense was great most of the series. Got enough from him and Pat, but the rest just weren't good enough including Jrue. He is great two-way player but w/o Midd he can't shoot 37 percent from the field and the Bucks win. Giannis just wore down. Bucks get anything from the others and a little more efficient from Jrue....Bucks win in 6.

I would love to take a flyer on TJ Warren. Be interesting if Pat opts out. He likely gets a big payday elsewhere. I still pay BP whatever they can. 4-40?ish. Then draft a big or backup PG. Horst isn't going to be able to do much with cap situation.
    Portis was nice in the regular season when Lopez was out. But the way the bench players **** the bed. I wouldn't pay Portis 4/$40M at all. Our bench could be totally different next season. No capspace. Just one pick in the draft.

Plenty of players with options that can bolt which maybe for the best to let them walk and reload with different players. Not much for trade bait either. Allen and Lopez and Nwora wont fetch much. Probably wont break up the big3 either.

Bucks only have early Bird rights on Portis which is little more then the MLE. I believe we can only offer
    $10.9M first year. Wasn't the Knicks shopping Randle at the trade deadline? He be a player I would trade Lopez,Allen,Hill for easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bucks only have early Bird rights on Portis which is little more then the MLE. I believe we can only offer
    $10.9M first year. Wasn't the Knicks shopping Randle at the trade deadline? He be a player I would trade Lopez,Allen,Hill for easily.
    Lol. Duh, but why would the Knicks make that trade. On Portis.....he is a no-brainer re-sign. I think he was planning on the 4-39.5 Delly type deal from MKE last year when we couldn't so he is likely going to get that deal. Also, he can be brought back without the major cap hit for bird rights retaining player move that doesn't ding you too bad. If signing outside and over the cap you get dinged pretty good. Portis if he takes that deal will be back. Also the deal is good in trade fillers salary wise. Don't overreact to the flame out in the playoffs. Portis has been great nearly his entire tenure. But he needs space. Which he typically has, but when every other role player not named PC sucks and bricking shots and Midds out can stay closer connected to BP. I thought Bud made a mistake going away from BP in G4. He has earned the right to play through some struggles and Bucks feed off his energy. Also look at the numbers players shot on BP in playoffs. He was actually good defensively. I think more interesting is PC. I think he's gone. Someone going to pay him good $$$.

Bucks issue was offense. Jrue inefficient. Giannis had to do so much he was gassed. Had to win G6. Role players sh** the bed. Hill, Lopez, BP (last two games), Allen were all non-factors. The biggest thing for me too was the quick shots. Bucks took soooo many (Jrue too) one pass or no pass jack a contested 3, long 2 with 16 on the shot clock. WTF. Move the ball. Offense was the issue for the Bucks. I would say Bucks need to sign a cheap big or draft a young big and bring in a backup PG with any cash or trade. Doesn't have to be a great big either.

I'd probably make that deal too but I'm not a big Randle fan. That guy is a good player as a whole, but he's not overly efficient and kills ball movement. To me, he's one of those guys that are more valuable to bad teams as the best player on a bad team than a role player on a good team. I hate to feed the tropes, but some guys contribute to winning basketball much better than others. Randle feels like a guy who is a good player who doesn't contribute to winning basketball as much.

And don't get me wrong, I'm more than fine trading allen if it's for an upgrade. That being said, im also not writing him off based on one series. Memphis snuck into the playoffs last year but wasn't expected to do much. They were happy to be there. This was his first really high level playoff dog fight. Sometimes you need to experience that before you really step up. As a whole, I think he had a nice season and can be a usable guy. He just needs to not shrink in the moment next year.

Knicks were shopping Randle last year. Just saying if Portis isn't back Randle be a big I would trade for. Yeah I could see PATC take a bag of money elsewhere. Possibly heads back to Portland? Lopez and Hill are nice expiring deals to trade. Nwora has no value. Allen fell off as well. Not much for trading. We have #24 pick in this draft. Lopez/Hill combined at $17.9M expiring. Find a team in the tax that wants to dump a bit longer deal that is a slight better player then Lopez and Hill cool beans for us.

Kings always seem gullible to trade with us. Barnes is 18.3M. If not Barnes then what about Holmes and Holiday for Lopez and Hill? That's if Kings have buyers remorse on the money they gave to Holmes. I'd even consider Barnes and Holiday for Lopez,Allen,Hill. Heck I always wanted Graham. Allen,Hill,Nwora for Graham would be awesome. But I doubt Pelicans give up Graham that easy.

Oh yeah Sanders and Leuer are finally off the books for dead money.

Knicks were shopping Randle last year. Just saying if Portis isn't back Randle be a big I would trade for. Yeah I could see PATC take a bag of money elsewhere. Possibly heads back to Portland? Lopez and Hill are nice expiring deals to trade. Nwora has no value. Allen fell off as well. Not much for trading. We have #24 pick in this draft. Lopez/Hill combined at $17.9M expiring. Find a team in the tax that wants to dump a bit longer deal that is a slight better player then Lopez and Hill cool beans for us.

Kings always seem gullible to trade with us. Barnes is 18.3M. If not Barnes then what about Holmes and Holiday for Lopez and Hill? That's if Kings have buyers remorse on the money they gave to Holmes. I'd even consider Barnes and Holiday for Lopez,Allen,Hill. Heck I always wanted Graham. Allen,Hill,Nwora for Graham would be awesome. But I doubt Pelicans give up Graham that easy.

Oh yeah Sanders and Leuer are finally off the books for dead money.
    Was Graham hurt? Dude barely played for NO in the playoffs if he wasn't. I think he could be had for not the greatest haul. No way Kings do Barnes and Holiday for Lopez and Hill imo. I get the salary dump. But how much longer Barnes signed for? He kind of fallen off or doesn't impress me when I watch the Kings. I would rather take a flyer on TJ Warren on prove-it deal.

Never mind. Nwora is a RFA. Probably gets renounced.

Was Graham hurt? Dude barely played for NO in the playoffs if he wasn't. I think he could be had for not the greatest haul. No way Kings do Barnes and Holiday for Lopez and Hill imo. I get the salary dump. But how much longer Barnes signed for? He kind of fallen off or doesn't impress me when I watch the Kings. I would rather take a flyer on TJ Warren on prove-it deal.
    I always liked Warren. Way back with the Suns and now Pacers. Well free agent now. But doubt we land him with the MLE. Even if we signed Warren with MLE. We forcing Middleton to be SG? Warren seems more of a SF to me. Graham might of been injured. But I always like him back with the Hornets and now Pelicans. But if we use the early Bird to keep Portis. Doubt we blow the whole MLE on one player like Warren. Most likely breaking the MLE into two or three vet players. Also if we bring Portis back long term. We moving Lopez in a trade right away?
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 05-17-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Dort is another player I would trade for. He's only 6'3" but defends wings easily. Upped his scoring. But not the greatest three point shooter though. $1.9M team option for the Thunder. I'd trade #24 on draft night for Dort in a heartbeat.

Barnes has one year left so expiring like Lopez/Hill. So Kings probably say no.

I always liked Warren. Way back with the Suns and now Pacers. Well free agent now. But doubt we land him with the MLE. Even if we signed Warren with MLE. We forcing Middleton to be SG? Warren seems more of a SF to me. Graham might of been injured. But I always like him back with the Hornets and now Pelicans. But if we use the early Bird to keep Portis. Doubt we blow the whole MLE on one player like Warren. Most likely breaking the MLE into two or three vet players. Also if we bring Portis back long term. We moving Lopez in a trade right away?
    I am not sure Warren even going to get MLE. Missed entire year I believe and missed time year before. I mean maybe a team willing to spend will take a chance but not sure. He would be a guy to come and could lead the bench. Give GA, Midds back-to-backs off and have a guy who can score 30 (if healthy). Warren is a guy I'd take a flyer on and try to convince him to play a prove-it deal for a winner with a chance to win it all.

I am not sure Warren even going to get MLE. Missed entire year I believe and missed time year before. I mean maybe a team willing to spend will take a chance but not sure. He would be a guy to come and could lead the bench. Give GA, Midds back-to-backs off and have a guy who can score 30 (if healthy). Warren is a guy I'd take a flyer on and try to convince him to play a prove-it deal for a winner with a chance to win it all.
    Warren with a small piece of the MLE i'm fine with if that's all it takes. That probably leaves PATC out and walking. The early Bird rights to Portis with his $10.9M. Then I would consider shopping Allen,Lopez,Hill for a Fournier or something.