Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 200 of 204 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3053
    The nuggs shot almost 50% from 3 and almost half their shots were from 3. You can leave teams wide open and they wouldmt shoot that well. Games like that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    No way that is gonna happen

Brook has been one of the better defenders in the league this year. He won't get the love as his doesn't have quite the name recognition and isn't even the best defender on the team, but lopez should contend for all defensive teams this year if things stay on a similar path. His D rating is 2nd in the league behind only giannis. His defensive win shares are 6th. He's first in block percentage. He's 2nd in defensive box +/-. I really don't get the hate for brook by some. He's taken a step back offensively, especially as a shooter. But he's super valuable on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Brook has been one of the better defenders in the league this year. He won't get the love as his doesn't have quite the name recognition and isn't even the best defender on the team, but lopez should contend for all defensive teams this year if things stay on a similar path. His D rating is 2nd in the league behind only giannis. His defensive win shares are 6th. He's first in block percentage. He's 2nd in defensive box +/-. I really don't get the hate for brook by some. He's taken a step back offensively, especially as a shooter. But he's super valuable on defense.
    I wouldn't call it hate on Brook. But when your paid more then fall off from 3 point land. Then its a bit grim. Yeah he boxes out and gets a ton of block shots. But its like every time he attempts a three I close my eyes cause most likely its a miss. Its not like last season where he was good for a bunch of threes per game. Then combined that with Wes missing threes or being passive and barely no scoring at all. Then Giannis misses a bunch of threes some games. Can easy have a ton of missed shots. Glad DDV stepping it up since Wes fell off. With Wes on the floor our offense feels like 4vs5.

Also at the top of the league: Watch Milwaukee. The Bucks have Indiana's first-round pick and too many rotation guys to play. They are somewhat wary of disrupting their chemistry, but they might also need to show Giannis Antetokounmpo they are all-in. They could make some sort of consolidation trade for another shooter who can swing to power forward. Covington would fit well here, actually.

On a smaller scale, sources say a lot of teams have asked about Sterling Brown -- a free agent this summer.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...appen-deadline

Roco is a bit nice and bargain contract of $11.3M. But still hard to get close to that without parting with a rotation piece or 5 bench guys. Also Roco a bit over rated with bad knees. Still be a upgrade over Wes. But I rather just start DDV at SG. I don't mind other teams calling about Brown though. He's RFA I doubt we match any contract over $5M+ per.

As for trading for $10M to $11M contract a bit hard to pull off.

Giannis is the franchise.

Middleton is on fire.

Bledsoe was shopped but seems Giannis and Middleton like him doubt he's moved.

Brook was just signed for defense and seems to be happy here.

DDV should be untouchable unless were getting another All Star in return.

Thanasis wont be traded since Giannis brother.

Doubt we trade Robin. Seems Giannis and Wes having fun with wrestling before the game.

Wes see above.

Ersan is the safety valve when Giannis gets early foul trouble. Also Ersan is nice insurance to keep Giannis minutes down to 30 or less.

Korver is a Bud guy doubt he's moved.

PatC is up in the air. But seems like a workout gym rat buddy in the offseason with Giannis. But is a free agent next summer.

Hill is untouchable unless were getting a major upgrade. Hill is insurance when Bledsoe ***** the bed in the playoffs.

Wilson could be traded if Horst finds any takers. Also doubt we wanna pay his $4.5M next season. He's easily gone if anyone wants him.

Bender was a nice cheap stop gap third string if Brook or Robin in foul trouble or injured. But he could be a throw in salary filler.

Brown is RFA once season is over. We probably try and unload him.

So our deadline will be quiet most likely. Maybe a tiny cheap contract or two moved. Maybe a two for one and hope to land a decent player with buyout market as well. So we would need to clear a roster spot or flip Brown for a pick or something. Wilson and Bender as well. But looking at trading for $10M or so is a challenge without rocking the boat and messing with chemistry. If anything try and flip Brown for Kostas to keep Giannis happy. Package Wilson and or Bender with any of the pacers pick to get a upgrade. Maybe clear a roster spot and hope somebody is bought out and wants a ring with us.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think you answered your own ?. Some people only look at the box numbers and shooting pct. He has still been as you lay out, very good defensively.

Minnesota has been engaged in talks regarding Covington, whose suitors include Dallas, Houston and Milwaukee, according to sources. The Mavericks and Rockets discussed potential deals for Covington in the offseason, with the Mavericks having their 2020 Golden State second-rounder and the Rockets dangling future first-round compensation.
    https://clutchpoints.com/nba-trade-r...ert-covington/

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-trade-r...ert-covington/

I would have zero qualms about Ersan/2nd and throw in DJ or Wes or Korver...Covington does everything Wes does and is 6-9 so could easily defend the 4 with Giannis at the 5, Middleton at the 3...Would be very good defensively with Hill/Bled or whatever 1-2 combo. Covington would solve that long perimeter 3 and D guy that can guard multiple positions and is consistent.

No thanks. Jae shooting under 30 percent from 3, a try-hard guy. I mean he's fine, but don't really see him as an upgrade. Much rather have Covington. I mean if that deal happened OK, but I don't see Crowder adding anything Wes or PC don't provide. Crowder just more physical that's about it, but shooting under 37 percent from the floor.

Kennard is available with Phoenix interested. Pistons are hoping for a 1st. DJ and Pacers pick for Luke? He's hurt with a knee injury and likely out till the all star break, but 40% 3 point shooter in 2nd year of rookie deal.

Offer DJ, Connaughton and pick for Kennard and then trade Sterling to which ever team offers the best forward in return. If no one offers a useful 3/4, then move Sterling to the front court to backup Ersan. Kennard and Donte can be our SG's for the future.

Need to include Pat to make salaries match for Kennard, which also opens up a roster spot.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 02-04-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Doesn't Kennard have bad knees though?

Doesn't Kennard have bad knees though?
    Just read the Pistons article 3 reason they should keep Kennard and 3 reasons they should trade him and there was no mention of bad knees in the reasons they should trade him. One of the reasons to trade him was that he may have reached his ceiling as a player similar to Kyle Korver and JJ Reddick. I'd be fine with getting a 24 year old Korver or Reddick.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    No thanks. Jae shooting under 30 percent from 3, a try-hard guy. I mean he's fine, but don't really see him as an upgrade. Much rather have Covington. I mean if that deal happened OK, but I don't see Crowder adding anything Wes or PC don't provide. Crowder just more physical that's about it, but shooting under 37 percent from the floor.
    Thing is ROCO is $11.3M. Crowder is flat $7M. Two end of bench pieces like Brown and Wilson works without rocking the boat or chemistry for Crowder. I'm sure Grizzlies want that Pacer first round pick though. Now trading for ROCO is a extra $4.3M. So you need like 5 cheap end of bench guys. DDV is off limits in my book. Doubt we trade Wes or Korver since they signed as discount ring chasers.

Don't wanna set a bad example signing ring chasers then flip them for something else. Also doubt we trade Giannnis bro Thanasis. So Wilson,Brown,Bender,PatC isn't enough. Besides Bucks official twitter hyping up PatC in dunk contest. Doubt we trade him now. Doubt we trade Robin and his wrestling prowess before games. We could part with Ersan. But hate to see him go. Bucks had him so many different times through the putrid years.

Reason I keep suggesting a tiny trade of $7M per or less so we don't rock the boat and our rotation much.

Actually PatC,Wilson,Brown,Bender for ROCO works. Some reason I didn't think it worked.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tsdnsab I'd toss in some of them Pacers picks probably as well. Then the extra roster spots for buyout market. Wolves are trying to gather extra picks to trade for DLO anyway.