Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 199 of 204 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3053
  1. #2971
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    All joking aside. I posted this at the main board for a few laughs. But heck why not. Always hear people wanting Giannis to ditch us on the main board. Heck AD could ditch LA if things don't go right. After all he does have a player option to opt out of this summer. Also we were one of AD destinations for trade.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...st/2770804002/

    Also lives in Chicago. Not far off the highway from Milwaukee. Maybe 90 minutes. Kinda like when KD said he'd sign with Warriors. Then they salary dumped a few guys. Heck we could waive nonguaranteed Ersan and bring him back at vet minimum. Ersan is $7M off the books. I'm sure other teams wouldn't mind eating Brooks $12.6M. Hills $9.5M. Waive Bender $1.8M. Let RFA Brown walk $2M caphold. Dump Wilson $4.5M. That's $37.4M. Just saying. But doubt AD leaves. Unless they fall off badly early in the playoffs and we win it all. But a bit risky AD always seemed to get injured. Also AD would want to play at Giannis PF spot.


  2. #2972
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    On pace for 70 wins. I doubt we make a big splash at trade deadline. If anything probably something small. As for Brown being RFA next summer doubt we bring him back. Also Wilson makes $4.7M next season yeesh.

  3. #2973
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    Bledsoe’s future with Bucks is murky

    January 21, 2020 woelfelk 0 Gery's Blog, Uncategorized,

    It was a year ago when the whispers started to circulate the NBA.

    The scuttlebutt was the Milwaukee Bucks, who were well on their way to posting the best record in the league, were contemplating breaking up their starting lineup by trading point guard Eric Bledsoe.

    Then, shortly before the trading deadline, word spread among NBA officials that the Bucks had reached out to the Dallas Mavericks about a deal involving Bledsoe. The Bucks, according to multiple league sources, were looking to acquire Dennis Smith, a promising young point guard.

    But the Bledsoe-Smith deal never materialized. Instead, the Mavs dealt Smith to the New York Knicks in a multi-player transaction that landed them Kristaps Porzingis, a gifted 7-foot-3 power forward who was rebounding from ACL surgery.

    The Bucks, of course, never traded Bledsoe and then signed him to a four-year, $70 million contract extension. While some were surprised by the Bucks’ decision, some weren’t. The latter felt the Bucks gave Bledsoe the deal because it would be easier to trade him at some point and that teams would be more receptive in trading for him because they wouldn’t have to deal with any immediate free-agent issues.

    Now, with the Feb. 6 trading deadline fast approaching, there is talk again about the Bucks possibly moving Bledsoe — even though he’s having a fringe All-Star type season.

    “They would do that, definitely,’’ an Eastern Conference executive responded when asked if he thought the Bucks would consider trading Bledsoe.

    When asked the same question, a league player personnel director said: “Sure. Publicly, they (the Bucks) say all the right things about him but I know that’s not the case.’’

    So why would the Bucks even consider jettisoning Bledsoe when they are cruising with the best record in the league? Some NBA officials said Bledsoe’s tendency to play out of control and lose focus at times were factors.

    There are also some NBA officials who firmly believe Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer feels more comfortable having veteran George Hill on the floor than Bledsoe. Hill isn’t as good of a defender as Bledsoe, who was an all-NBA first-team defensive selection last season, but he’s more than a solid defender. What’s more, Hill is a much better perimeter shooter than Bledsoe (Hill is shooting a lights out 53 percent on 3s this season).

    It’s no secret Budenholzer is a big fan of Donte DiVincenzo, the Bucks’ second-year combo guard. Several sources said Budenholzer made the call on the Bucks drafting DiVincenzo, although Budenholzer denies that. Additionally, Budenholzer believes DiVincenzo can eventually develop into a quality point guard.

    “Bud is really high on that kid,’’ a source close to the Bucks said.

    Interestingly, in a recent game against Boston, a team that figures to challenge the Bucks for the Eastern Conference championship, Budenholzer pulled Bledsoe early in the fourth quarter and went with a Hill-DiVincenzo backcourt the rest of the way. The Bucks won 128-123.

    And then there’s Bledsoe’s shaky playoff resume. The Bucks are all in on winning an NBA title, especially with the real possibility superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo will bolt in free agency after next season, and whether Bledsoe can perform at a high level in postseason competition has to be a concern.

    In last season’s Eastern Conference Finals against Toronto, Bledsoe struggled mightily with his shot. In the Bucks’ last four games against the eventual champion Raptors – all Bucks losses – Bledsoe made only 4 of 18 treys – a meager 22 percent.

    In 39 career playoff games, Bledsoe has made a lowly 25 percent of his 3-point attempts.

    While the Bucks are apparently open to trading Bledsoe, doing so wouldn’t be easy. The vast majority of teams appear set at the point guard position, and some of the teams that may be interested in his services are in a rebuilding mode and hesitant in adding a player who is 30 years old.

    “It’s not like Milwaukee is shopping him,’’ the Eastern Conference exec said of Bledsoe, who is averaging 14.8 points and 5.1 assists while shooting 48 percent from the field and 35 percent on 3s. “There are just guys in this league that everyone knows are available and he’s one of them.’’

    Tags: #Milwaukee Bucks, Dennis Smith, Donte DiVincenzo, Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mike Budenholzer, NBA, NBA trading deadline
    http://woelfelspressbox.com/2020/01/...ucks-is-murky/


  4. #2974
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    Like others have suggested on twitter. Bucks should trade Wilson for Monk. I then replied saying i'd give up Brown with Wilson and maybe a Pacers second for Monk. Monk is cost controlled a few more years. Also Brown RFA. Wilson regressed. Also our front office had interests in Monk that draft.

  5. #2975
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Like others have suggested on twitter. Bucks should trade Wilson for Monk. I then replied saying i'd give up Brown with Wilson and maybe a Pacers second for Monk. Monk is cost controlled a few more years. Also Brown RFA. Wilson regressed. Also our front office had interests in Monk that draft.
    Meh. Bucks have a ton of SGs. Also wouldn't need to give up 2 guys and a pick for Monk. He is a Bucks killer but hasn't been great otherwise. Team needs an athletic big to backup Giannis. Lopez is a good backup but him and Ersan lack in athleticism and as you said DJ has regressed

  6. #2976
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Meh. Bucks have a ton of SGs. Also wouldn't need to give up 2 guys and a pick for Monk. He is a Bucks killer but hasn't been great otherwise. Team needs an athletic big to backup Giannis. Lopez is a good backup but him and Ersan lack in athleticism and as you said DJ has regressed
    Yeah we got SG's. But factor in Brown is in the doghouse or pretty much out of the rotation altogether other then some garbage time. Yeah we got Bledsoe at PG. Wes at SG. Then we got Hill and DDV that can play PG/SG. But lately Wes fell off not hitting threes till recently with Hornets and Knicks. Other wise he had some stinkers. Some games with zero points for starting SG? Laying them kinda eggs reminds me of Snell.

    Also who knows how much longer we will have Wes after this season. Wesley has a player option at $2.6M. He could opt out of that. Also even if we landed another SG also if Brown s in the deal that one less wing. Also could shift Wes into getting back up SF minutes or we go more small ball when Brook and Robin go cold fast. But all i'm saying is I could see Brown or Wilson traded.

    But with a 70 win pace team. We may stand pat. But its like Wilsons third season and looks completely lost out there again. Also Brown playing hero ball then races to the paint to be denied. Bud pulls him from the game quickly. Also now Horst flat out saying were not trading Bledsoe. So Woelfel was wrong. Or Bucks trying to keep the locker room calm.

    But heck we said we weren't trading Knight either then was traded. But I think we keep Bledsoe pass the deadline. But if he stinks it up in the playoffs. Then DDV will be starting PG. DDV could be starting SG next year as well depending if Wes falls off more. Only reason Wes still gets heavy minutes is his defense.

    I just hope Brook doesn't fall off. He hasn't been that exciting this season like last season. Still gets a ton of blocks though and still boxes out nicely.

    All in all DDV earned Bud's trust. I have him untouchable pretty much.

  7. #2977
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah we got SG's. But factor in Brown is in the doghouse or pretty much out of the rotation altogether other then some garbage time. Yeah we got Bledsoe at PG. Wes at SG. Then we got Hill and DDV that can play PG/SG. But lately Wes fell off not hitting threes till recently with Hornets and Knicks. Other wise he had some stinkers. Some games with zero points for starting SG? Laying them kinda eggs reminds me of Snell.

    Also who knows how much longer we will have Wes after this season. Wesley has a player option at $2.6M. He could opt out of that. Also even if we landed another SG also if Brown s in the deal that one less wing. Also could shift Wes into getting back up SF minutes or we go more small ball when Brook and Robin go cold fast. But all i'm saying is I could see Brown or Wilson traded.

    But with a 70 win pace team. We may stand pat. But its like Wilsons third season and looks completely lost out there again. Also Brown playing hero ball then races to the paint to be denied. Bud pulls him from the game quickly. Also now Horst flat out saying were not trading Bledsoe. So Woelfel was wrong. Or Bucks trying to keep the locker room calm.

    But heck we said we weren't trading Knight either then was traded. But I think we keep Bledsoe pass the deadline. But if he stinks it up in the playoffs. Then DDV will be starting PG. DDV could be starting SG next year as well depending if Wes falls off more. Only reason Wes still gets heavy minutes is his defense.

    I just hope Brook doesn't fall off. He hasn't been that exciting this season like last season. Still gets a ton of blocks though and still boxes out nicely.

    All in all DDV earned Bud's trust. I have him untouchable pretty much.
    Right if it gets the Bucks an element to the team they don't have...OK. Wilson for Wood. OK a guy who actually produces. Insert athletic big here and would trade PC, SB, DW for them yes. But Monk? He plays well against the Bucks but he has not been good. He is shooting 26 percent from 3. 26 lol. And Matthews is a great guy to have when you have Giannis, Bled, Midd who are going to take a bunch of shots...a floor spacing vet who will still play defense. Wes averages 6 shots per game so he is hardly getting looks. Scoring isn't what we should judge him on.

  8. #2978
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Right if it gets the Bucks an element to the team they don't have...OK. Wilson for Wood. OK a guy who actually produces. Insert athletic big here and would trade PC, SB, DW for them yes. But Monk? He plays well against the Bucks but he has not been good. He is shooting 26 percent from 3. 26 lol. And Matthews is a great guy to have when you have Giannis, Bled, Midd who are going to take a bunch of shots...a floor spacing vet who will still play defense. Wes averages 6 shots per game so he is hardly getting looks. Scoring isn't what we should judge him on.
    Monk hasn't been good? Well look at the team he's on. Michael Jordan running it. No wonder Kemba left. Only other player worth talking about on that team is Graham. But we don't have the assets to trade for him. As for Monk's 26%3pt%.

    Well Wilson is at 24.4% in garbage time versus other garbage time players. Also on twitter their the ones that suggest Wilson for Monk. I agreed with many others. I even said toss in Brown to clear a spot for a buyout player. Heck Hill looked washed on the Kings a few years back. Look at what happens when your on a 70 win pace team.

    Oh and month of January Brown shot 26.9 for 3pt%. Also doesn't have to be 3pt% shooting either. Heck Middleton was benched other season when Bud wanted him to only shoot threes. Then they came to a agreement to have Middleton do what he does best mid range twos. Monk can get to the rack.

    Heck when Brook is off he should be doing more paint work when Giannis is off the floor. Brook gets pulled from the game quick as well from Bud when his 3 isn't falling. Or if Robin clanking his hookshot off the front of the rim he gets pulled as well. Wes gets pulled fast with turnovers and lack of scoring then Bud puts in Hill and DDV for the scoring punch off the pine.

    Heck it could be worse. Some Bucks fans suggested Wilson for Bulls Valentine. Since Valentine asked to be traded. I'd rather have Satoranksy. Yeah another guard. But fits in and would be another Bud guy.

  9. #2979
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Monk hasn't been good? Well look at the team he's on. Michael Jordan running it. No wonder Kemba left. Only other player worth talking about on that team is Graham. But we don't have the assets to trade for him. As for Monk's 26%3pt%.

    Well Wilson is at 24.4% in garbage time versus other garbage time players. Also on twitter their the ones that suggest Wilson for Monk. I agreed with many others. I even said toss in Brown to clear a spot for a buyout player. Heck Hill looked washed on the Kings a few years back. Look at what happens when your on a 70 win pace team.

    Oh and month of January Brown shot 26.9 for 3pt%. Also doesn't have to be 3pt% shooting either. Heck Middleton was benched other season when Bud wanted him to only shoot threes. Then they came to a agreement to have Middleton do what he does best mid range twos. Monk can get to the rack.

    Heck when Brook is off he should be doing more paint work when Giannis is off the floor. Brook gets pulled from the game quick as well from Bud when his 3 isn't falling. Or if Robin clanking his hookshot off the front of the rim he gets pulled as well. Wes gets pulled fast with turnovers and lack of scoring then Bud puts in Hill and DDV for the scoring punch off the pine.

    Heck it could be worse. Some Bucks fans suggested Wilson for Bulls Valentine. Since Valentine asked to be traded. I'd rather have Satoranksy. Yeah another guard. But fits in and would be another Bud guy.
    What I am saying is, why create a complete hole on your roster? Does DJ suck, yeah, but why have 8 SGs on your roster and no athletic bigs on the bench. I could see maybe a Hernangomez from CHA or someone like that who a bit player on CHA and cheap coming over. He is 36 percent from 3. So if the deal would work with Hernangomez and Monk coming over for DJ and PC or SB though I might do the deal as you get a guy going out of the perimeter spot as well.

  10. #2980
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    I wouldn't trade for a big. Already got Giannis locking down PF. Then Ersan gets the rest at PF. We stuck money into Brook. Then signed his Bro. Also got Bender. Wilson probably the odd man out. Also when Brook and or Robin playing lousy we tend to go small with Giannis at center. So plenty of minutes for Middleton or Wes sliding up to PF. Then SF and SG yet. The league is a wing driven league. A portion of Bucks fans on Twitter mainly suggest Holiday, Redick, Roco, Bertans, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Bjelica, Monk. Some even went as far as Fournier/LaVine. Not sure what you guys see in Wood. He's not a winner. He puts up nice numbers on lousy Pistons team. Heck when Wood was on the Herd. They were the worst Gleague team.

  11. #2981
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I wouldn't trade for a big. Already got Giannis locking down PF. Then Ersan gets the rest at PF. We stuck money into Brook. Then signed his Bro. Also got Bender. Wilson probably the odd man out. Also when Brook and or Robin playing lousy we tend to go small with Giannis at center. So plenty of minutes for Middleton or Wes sliding up to PF. Then SF and SG yet. The league is a wing driven league. A portion of Bucks fans on Twitter mainly suggest Holiday, Redick, Roco, Bertans, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Bjelica, Monk. Some even went as far as Fournier/LaVine. Not sure what you guys see in Wood. He's not a winner. He puts up nice numbers on lousy Pistons team. Heck when Wood was on the Herd. They were the worst Gleague team.
    Wes is not going to PF. It is a wing-driven league. But Bucks aren't matching up salary wise for most of those guys. Ersan is also unathletic. The Bucks could use an athletic big if GA in foul trouble to guard 3/4. The Bucks seem set at guard unless it's an upgrade and don't think Monk is at this juncture. Hornets stink and Monk part of the reason he is a low 30s career 3pt shooter. I wouldn't mind Bjelica who would fit mold of stretch 4 athletic type. Wood has posted numbers wherever he goes.....He is stat padding on a bad team but Monk can't shoot 3s because he's on a bad team?

  12. #2982
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,719
    I don't think we should make any trades that involve trading our 12th thru 14th players for other players who are going to slot into being our 12th thru 14th player. Trading DJ Wilson or Sterling Brown for an athletic PF is foolish. DJ is that person and Sterling can also play the 4 spot with his muscle and rebounding ability. I'm starting to think that our best option is to stand pat at the deadline. I would consider trading DJ or Sterling for future picks if the right offer were made, but otherwise our team is a complete team with no weakness beyond shooting and free throw shooting.

  13. #2983
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I don't think we should make any trades that involve trading our 12th thru 14th players for other players who are going to slot into being our 12th thru 14th player. Trading DJ Wilson or Sterling Brown for an athletic PF is foolish. DJ is that person and Sterling can also play the 4 spot with his muscle and rebounding ability. I'm starting to think that our best option is to stand pat at the deadline. I would consider trading DJ or Sterling for future picks if the right offer were made, but otherwise our team is a complete team with no weakness beyond shooting and free throw shooting.
    An athletic big better than DJ would play. Athletic bigs have given Ersan/RoLo trouble this year. DJ hasn't looked good this year and was just assigned to the Herd. Clear he isn't that guy in Bud's eyes. Could play better big with Giannis and not lose much on boards and be able to defend and switch everything. I think that athletic big is the one move I could see MKE making but I think they stand pat probably.

  14. #2984
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,203
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    An athletic big better than DJ would play. Athletic bigs have given Ersan/RoLo trouble this year. DJ hasn't looked good this year and was just assigned to the Herd. Clear he isn't that guy in Bud's eyes. Could play better big with Giannis and not lose much on boards and be able to defend and switch everything. I think that athletic big is the one move I could see MKE making but I think they stand pat probably.
    Where is this athletic big gonna get minutes? Already have Brolo/Rolo at center. Besides Bender gets garbage time nice in a while. That's just the center rotation. Not including small ball of Giannis at center.

    At PF we got MVP Giannis then Ersan as the back up. Wilson as the odd man out for garbage time. Seems we rather go small ball then play Wilson. Also not sure why you keep suggesting Wood. We already had him. Bud didn't trust him and he's now with Pistons. Wood bounced around the league plenty of times already. He's like on what his 4th or so NBA team now in a couple years.

    Also our bench is **** with Hill and DDV not playing last night. I still think we need another combo guard or wing. Seems we need another play maker with high IQ. I still don't trust Bledsoe come playoff time. Yeah we can give him the uick hook this playoffs and use more of Hill or DDV when Bledsoe falls off. Still though Wes defense is nice. But when he isn't scoring pressure is on Giannis or Middleton to make a ton of buckets. Also cant always count on Brolo and Rolo. They been up and down all season. Korver is nice when raining threes. But he can go cold or vanish as well.

    Finally got to see Giannis and Thanasis but not for long. When Brook and Robin missing a ton of shots hen I prefer something else. But seems more teams game playing and doing hack a Giannis and hope refs don't call it much. Build the wall and hope we miss a ton of threes. Also well it helped Denver win cause they did hit 50% for three pointers. Besides no Hill or DDV. When we have to go with PatC or Brown early and count on them yuck. Dumpster fire.

    Most likely no trades. If there is one its something small. Back to a athletic big. Only way I see minutes is injury or early foul trouble. As moreless need Wilson and/or Bender off the roster.

  15. #2985
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Where is this athletic big gonna get minutes? Already have Brolo/Rolo at center. Besides Bender gets garbage time nice in a while. That's just the center rotation. Not including small ball of Giannis at center.

    At PF we got MVP Giannis then Ersan as the back up. Wilson as the odd man out for garbage time. Seems we rather go small ball then play Wilson. Also not sure why you keep suggesting Wood. We already had him. Bud didn't trust him and he's now with Pistons. Wood bounced around the league plenty of times already. He's like on what his 4th or so NBA team now in a couple years.

    Also our bench is **** with Hill and DDV not playing last night. I still think we need another combo guard or wing. Seems we need another play maker with high IQ. I still don't trust Bledsoe come playoff time. Yeah we can give him the uick hook this playoffs and use more of Hill or DDV when Bledsoe falls off. Still though Wes defense is nice. But when he isn't scoring pressure is on Giannis or Middleton to make a ton of buckets. Also cant always count on Brolo and Rolo. They been up and down all season. Korver is nice when raining threes. But he can go cold or vanish as well.

    Finally got to see Giannis and Thanasis but not for long. When Brook and Robin missing a ton of shots hen I prefer something else. But seems more teams game playing and doing hack a Giannis and hope refs don't call it much. Build the wall and hope we miss a ton of threes. Also well it helped Denver win cause they did hit 50% for three pointers. Besides no Hill or DDV. When we have to go with PatC or Brown early and count on them yuck. Dumpster fire.

    Most likely no trades. If there is one its something small. Back to a athletic big. Only way I see minutes is injury or early foul trouble. As moreless need Wilson and/or Bender off the roster.
    Could use a long wing too. Hill/DD wouldn't have been greatest matchup against DEN. Denver missing 3 guys and still worked Bucks. They went with 4 guys 6-5 to 6-8 on perimeter around Jokic and all of them were too athletic for Ersan/Korver/RoLo. Bucks have shorter guys. PC is what 6-4, Sterling is OK but they were raining 3s and could use a guy that could punish them with Giannis inside an athletic 6-8, 6-9 type or a long wing. Bucks have enough combo guards. Lets be real though every team has bad games during the season....Paris hangover as could get 5 guys from the Y to play better defense than WIzards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •