Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3066
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Not that we need a PG. But Teague could be a ring chaser soon and knows Bud. But we got Hill so no need in Teague though. Unless DDV becomes starting SG. Then Wes as the main back up SF to Middleton? Then that give some minutes as back up PG of Teague to Bledsoe. Then Hill main back up SG?
    And Teague should be really cheap, but only if Bled craps the bed again in playoffs. I doubt Hill would be a main backup at SG. I would say Millsap would be a much better ring chaser to fit what Bucks need. It will be interesting to see what happens but Bucks probably in market for a wing and backup 4/5

Millsap probably wont come cheap though.

Parker has that $6.5M player option this summer. Curious if he opts out and begs to comeback to us next year to ring chase? Wasn't it the second Hawks game the media pushed that topic Parker kinda wished he stayed in Milwaukee.

Guess it depends if we bring Ersan back after waiving his team option to sign for vet minimum or if Marvin wants to comeback. Parker wouldn't get many minutes behind Giannis or behind Middleton either at SF. But who knows. We stomp most the league early in games we load manage by half time some games. Pull most starters before the 4th quarter with 20 point blowouts.

Guess depends if our (plan A) fails like maybe chasing a Millsap or whatever with MLE but missing out. Other wise breaking a MLE up into pieces as (plan B) example Parker and Teague and Len. Even if we still have Brolo,Rolo next season chances are we still use Giannis at center for small ball line ups in some match ups. I guess Parker maybe gets some minutes that way then. Then depends if we have both Ersan and Marvin back. Ersan kinda fell off last month or so. Marvin been decent so far.

I could see Bledsoe traded this summer no matter the outcome of the playoffs. I think Woelfel was right about us shopping Bledsoe. Then Bucks got on twitter to say it's not true. But when Bledsoe **** the bed twice in the playoffs. Where there's smoke there's fire. Bad thing is not much of a market for PG's.

Knicks rumored to wanting a scoring PG in the draft. But if they miss out they maybe would want Bledsoe. As for our return from the Knicks. Not much to pick from. Though Woelfel did mention we were working on Bledsoe for Smith JR with Mavs before Mavs traded Smith JR and stuff for KP.

I wouldn't mind Randle. But plays same spot as Giannis. But if were not sold on Brook's extension maybe he gets benched? Then Randle or Giannis at center. I'd go for something like Randle and Smith JR for Bledsoe,Wilson and maybe second round pick. Dolan is a lousy owner and probably settle for that.

Lakers I could see wanting Bledsoe. Since LeBron is buddies with Bledsoe. But I can't picture us settling for Kuzma and filler. Probably would need a third team. Bledsoe to Lakers, Kuzma to Kings. Since Kings were trying at deadline to get Kuzma. We toss in Pacers pick(s) as well and we get Hield? Only thing is Hield makes $26.4M next season. Bledsoe makes $16.8M. Probably also would have to toss in Ersan and maybe Wilson as well. Kings could decline the team option on Ersan to save some cap.

So either trade.

DDV,Wes,Middleton,Giannis,Randle

or

DDV,Hield,Middleton,Giannis,Rolo

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I could see Bledsoe traded this summer no matter the outcome of the playoffs. I think Woelfel was right about us shopping Bledsoe. Then Bucks got on twitter to say it's not true. But when Bledsoe **** the bed twice in the playoffs. Where there's smoke there's fire. Bad thing is not much of a market for PG's.

Knicks rumored to wanting a scoring PG in the draft. But if they miss out they maybe would want Bledsoe. As for our return from the Knicks. Not much to pick from. Though Woelfel did mention we were working on Bledsoe for Smith JR with Mavs before Mavs traded Smith JR and stuff for KP.

I wouldn't mind Randle. But plays same spot as Giannis. But if were not sold on Brook's extension maybe he gets benched? Then Randle or Giannis at center. I'd go for something like Randle and Smith JR for Bledsoe,Wilson and maybe second round pick. Dolan is a lousy owner and probably settle for that.

Lakers I could see wanting Bledsoe. Since LeBron is buddies with Bledsoe. But I can't picture us settling for Kuzma and filler. Probably would need a third team. Bledsoe to Lakers, Kuzma to Kings. Since Kings were trying at deadline to get Kuzma. We toss in Pacers pick(s) as well and we get Hield? Only thing is Hield makes $26.4M next season. Bledsoe makes $16.8M. Probably also would have to toss in Ersan and maybe Wilson as well. Kings could decline the team option on Ersan to save some cap.

So either trade.

DDV,Wes,Middleton,Giannis,Randle

or

DDV,Hield,Middleton,Giannis,Rolo
    I disagree on the no matter what part. If Bucks win it all he isn't going anywhere as around $15 million for Bledsoe in today's NBA is a steal. I like Jrue Holiday but Bled not much below him and JH makes big money like $27M I think. Hill only has 1 year left. I think Bucks could use 18th pick and maybe take Jalen Smith from Maryland who is a very athletic big and would fit right in with Bucks. Has outside shot. Could play backup to Giannis.

Parker I doubt is back in MKE.

Giles is a player i'd go after in free agency. Kings didn't pick up his option I believe so he'll be UFA. He hasn't shot any 3's yet. But can hit the long two's already. Get him in the gym all summer and have him work on the three. He's 6'11" and can play PF/C.

The Jazz, Bucks, and Warriors are among the teams expected to show interest in Damyean Dotson when he becomes a free agent this offseason, sources tell Marc Berman of The New York Post.

Dotson, who will turn 26 in May, has spent his first three NBA seasons with the Knicks, appearing in 165 games and averaging 7.8 PPG on .419/.361/.721 shooting in 20.1 minutes per contest. Because he only has three years of experience, he can be made a restricted free agent at season’s end if the Knicks give him a qualifying offer worth just over $2MM.

However, as Berman notes, it’s unclear whether New York will make an effort to re-sign Dotson to a new deal. The new management group isn’t the one that drafted him, and he had fallen out of the rotation prior to the NBA’s hiatus, appearing in just one of the Knicks’ last nine games.

“That seemed (to be) the writing on the wall,” one NBA scout told Berman. “You’d think they’d be still trying to develop him.”

Former Knicks head coach David Fizdale, who lauded Dotson’s “work ethic, leadership qualities, and toughness,” also praised the youngster’s willingness to be coached and expressed to Berman that the 6’5″ wing has a promising NBA future.

“He’s a game shooter and improved his handle and as a finisher,” Fizdale said. “He’s a good rebounding guard, but he still has to improve defensive awareness on the weak side. Overall he’s a solid NBA player.”
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/03/...-warriors.html

Like I mentioned at the main NBA board of Mitchell and Gobert probably wont make up as buddies. Bucks don't have the assets to pull it off. I hate to part with DDV but for Spider sure. DDV,Wilson,Pacers pick and many of our own firsts within the Stepien rule and Bledsoe and Brook for Mitchell and Conley. Not sure Jazz would want another center in Brook when they got Gobert though. May need a third team to take Brook. Also Mitchell is on rookie contract yet. Next season makes $5.1M. Be hard for Jazz to get equal value for him.

If the cap will be reduced, it will benefit the Bucks with respect to direct competition. The ones that are screwed are the Nets who will lose Harris and additionally will have to damp the salary of another out of Dinwiddie, LeVert or Prince, the Sixers God help them and the Magic don't look very good either. Things are even worst in the West.

The Bucks have Ilyasova's contract on the books which is fully not guaranteed, they can sacrifice the two 2nd round picks out of Indy and dump D.J. Wilson's contract and Korver expires. Korver, Ilyasova and Wilson add up to 14.5M and both Ilyasova and Wilson, other than being expiring carry a TE too.

Probably the Bucks will renew both Brown and Conn of which the total salary for both shouldn't be more than 8M or maybe less, at 3.5 to 4.5 for each of them which is 4M more than their current salary, will renew Williams at a Vet min which will add 2M over his current salary on the books , will sign Mason III at another min which is another 2M, will draft at no19 which is under 3M of salary.

At the end of the day, if the lux tax threshold will be down to 130M, the Bucks will have 124M in the books with 14 roster spots already filled and if they additionally decide to trade Bledsoe, there can be enough return to lead on a better than today's team.

Yeah... I may have miscalculated a bit by adding Korver's salary as if it is in the books for 20-21, but this doesn't change things much, the Bucks will have less than 127M of salaries with 14 players in the roster and having pretty much the same roster as they now do, but Ilyasova, Wilson and Korver replaced by Frank Mason III and the draft pick plus an addition in the 15th spot which I suspect will be Kostas Antetokounmpo on a min. salary.

Therefore the Bucks full 15 players roster should cost no more than 129M in total. Thereafter they can look for more via trades, with perhaps Bledsoe looking to be the favourite to be traded first.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Yeah... I may have miscalculated a bit by adding Korver's salary as if it is in the books for 20-21, but this doesn't change things much, the Bucks will have less than 127M of salaries with 14 players in the roster and having pretty much the same roster as they now do, but Ilyasova, Wilson and Korver replaced by Frank Mason III and the draft pick plus an addition in the 15th spot which I suspect will be Kostas Antetokounmpo on a min. salary.

Therefore the Bucks full 15 players roster should cost no more than 129M in total. Thereafter they can look for more via trades, with perhaps Bledsoe looking to be the favourite to be traded first.
    Much is dependent on what happens this year. If Bucks rep the East in the NBA Finals I would guess they run it back with minimal changes. If they lose in ECF or sooner - although should have cakewalk in R1, Boston could be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Much is dependent on what happens this year. If Bucks rep the East in the NBA Finals I would guess they run it back with minimal changes. If they lose in ECF or sooner - although should have cakewalk in R1, Boston could be tough.
    Why improving the roster via trades will depend on what happens this season? The Bucks have the deepest roster in the league and no bad contracts.

Ilyasova's contract becomes guaranteed on the 18th of Oct, which gives the Bucks plenty of opportunities to trade him during the draft night (Oct the 15th) to a team which will want to dump salary (the Nets are desperate).

The Nets have Harris expiring and are already hard capped for the next season, other than loosing Harris, they will have to dump the salary of one out of Dinwiddie, LeVert or Prince, or, they will have to dump two of them if they chose to resign Harris. All Harris, Levert, Dinwiddie and Prince suit the Bucks just fine age-wise to supplement the Giannis, Khris, Donte trio of future core.

Jon Horst is known to be able and improve the roster for each next season, the Bucks have two ageing PGs on Bledsoe and Hill, out of which one and Donte are coming from the bench and also have MasonIII in reserve. Trading one of the ageing guards packed with Ilyasova on a 3-team deal can provide valuable return and the Bucks can improve the roster further and save more salary at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Why improving the roster via trades will depend on what happens this season? The Bucks have the deepest roster in the league and no bad contracts.

Ilyasova's contract becomes guaranteed on the 18th of Oct, which gives the Bucks plenty of opportunities to trade him during the draft night (Oct the 15th) to a team which will want to dump salary (the Nets are desperate).

The Nets have Harris expiring and are already hard capped for the next season, other than loosing Harris, they will have to dump the salary of one out of Dinwiddie, LeVert or Prince, or, they will have to dump two of them if they chose to resign Harris. All Harris, Levert, Dinwiddie and Prince suit the Bucks just fine age-wise to supplement the Giannis, Khris, Donte trio of future core.

Jon Horst is known to be able and improve the roster for each next season, the Bucks have two ageing PGs on Bledsoe and Hill, out of which one and Donte are coming from the bench and also have MasonIII in reserve. Trading one of the ageing guards packed with Ilyasova on a 3-team deal can provide valuable return and the Bucks can improve the roster further and save more salary at the same time.
    This has plagued bucks fans for years, but there's always this thought process of "I don't like this guy, let's get rid of him" that goes along with a similar thought of "this same player is really good and well get max value out of him." And Bledsoe is the prime example of that. If he struggles in the playoffs again, you may need to dump him. But you aren't selling him and getting a better asset for him. If we don't want him because he's aging and struggles in the playoffs, other teams aren't going to want him all that bad for the same reasons.

Ersan has value, especially if the cap drops. There's a decent chance he can be packaged with the pick to gst something decent. But guys like hill and bled don't have great value. Young teams aren't giving up picks for those types of guys and most of the competitive teams have pgs.