Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3148
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    So it sounds like we are all in for Bogdan Bogdanovic, who is a restricted free agent. Obviously the MLE isn't enough, so you have to do a sign and trade. My question is what kind of contract you need per year for him to be interested? Is Bledsoe money enough or is it $20 Mill per year or even more? I understand they probably aren't interested in Bledsoe, so we need a 3rd team that likes Bled and need to add sweeteners like DD or the pick.

So what do you think Bogdan commands? 15 Mil, 17.5, 20, 23...

I like the fit, but we'll need to fill out the roster and replace Bledsoe.
    Bogdanovic is a good fit but he can get too pricey. And your price range between 15 - 23 mil is about where he would land

Not sure I'd be willing to trade Bledsoe, DD and pick for Bogdan. I don't see this trade happening unless Bogdan has his heart set on playing with Giannis and pressures the Kings to make a deal.

If we could get Bogdan for say Bledsoe and DD, then we could still chase Holiday with Brolo, Ersan, DJ and pick. Perhaps both offers are too low, but adding Bogdan and not replacing Bledsoe doesn't really do much for me. Yes, Hill can play PG in the playoffs, but are we really any better?

I mean, I would say yes, we are much better. When Giannis is healthy, Hill oftentimes plays over bled anyways down the stretch because of how bad playoff bled has been offensively. So swapping out Wes or DD for Bogdanovic in the 4th quarter of a playoff game is an improvement.

If playoff bled was anywhere near regular season bled, it might not be a huge change. But playoff bled has been truly awful. And by solidifying that spot it allows us to spend some of the MLE on a backup guard like maybe a DJ Augustin.

And I think you're over valuing the draft pick. This is considered a not great draft and without the end of the ncaa season and likely without traditional pre draft workouts, it's unlikely teams are going to put a premium on picks. I'm not saying picks aren't valuable, but pick 24 isn't going to be a pick teams are falling over themselves to try to get. You aren't getting a huge upgrade by throwing in that pick.

Not sure I'd be willing to trade Bledsoe, DD and pick for Bogdan. I don't see this trade happening unless Bogdan has his heart set on playing with Giannis and pressures the Kings to make a deal.

If we could get Bogdan for say Bledsoe and DD, then we could still chase Holiday with Brolo, Ersan, DJ and pick. Perhaps both offers are too low, but adding Bogdan and not replacing Bledsoe doesn't really do much for me. Yes, Hill can play PG in the playoffs, but are we really any better?
    Right! That trade doesn't really move the needle

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean, I would say yes, we are much better. When Giannis is healthy, Hill oftentimes plays over bled anyways down the stretch because of how bad playoff bled has been offensively. So swapping out Wes or DD for Bogdanovic in the 4th quarter of a playoff game is an improvement.

If playoff bled was anywhere near regular season bled, it might not be a huge change. But playoff bled has been truly awful. And by solidifying that spot it allows us to spend some of the MLE on a backup guard like maybe a DJ Augustin.

And I think you're over valuing the draft pick. This is considered a not great draft and without the end of the ncaa season and likely without traditional pre draft workouts, it's unlikely teams are going to put a premium on picks. I'm not saying picks aren't valuable, but pick 24 isn't going to be a pick teams are falling over themselves to try to get. You aren't getting a huge upgrade by throwing in that pick.
    I just think Bogdanovic is not that guy to give up Bledsoe, DD and a our 1st for unless we get some more productive players in return. Maybe it can happen in a 3 team trade

I just think you're over valuing what we have to give up. Bled is a good player. He's a very good defender but he's limited offensively and his struggles have been amplified in the playoffs. Not teams are fairly set at PG as well, so theres not a massive market for him.

DD is a nice player, who's young and cheap, but his ceiling isn't all that great. And he's actually a surprisingly mediocre shooter. Even in college he wasnt an elite shooter. Teams may want him as part of a package, but hes not a headliner. Realistically, his most likely outcome as a player is somewhere between George Hill and Wes Matthews. That's solid, but no one is giving us a stud where he's the headliner.

Pick 24 is not a great asset. Teams love picks, but a late pick in a weak draft with limited opportunities to see guys isn't going to be a pick people are super excited about.

BroLo is a nice player too, but the league is going away from traditional bigs. He's been a good defender at the rim, but you need a system that allows him to sit back defensively. Not every team does that, so his market is probably semi limited too.

I agree bogdanovic isn't some stud who absolutely changes the whole team. But it's very unlikely we have the assets to get that type of player. I'm not saying we have to deal it all for him, but if you're expecting some huge improvement, prepare to be disappointed. It's going to be marginal improvements in hope of a more consistent playoff performance.

Just for reference, here's pick 24 since 2010. Ty Jerome, Anfernee Simmons, Tyler Lyndon, Timothe Luwawu, Tyus Jones, Shabazz Napier, Tim Hardaway Jr, Jared Cunningham, Reggie Jackson and Damion James.

There's absolutely a few nice players there, but there's also enough uninspiring guys. And I dont recall the draft day narrative around all of them, but they were all either big question marks as either foreign prospects or under achievers in college (or didn't play college like Simmons) or guys like Jerome who are limited players who project as role players at best.

Comparatively, picks 23 and 25 aren't any better and I'd actualy argue both have a worse history than pick 24. But the point remains. You can get good players with picks in the mid 20s, but every GM knows the likelihood of getting anything more than a role player is really slim. So they are going to essentially value the pick similar to how you would value a cheap role player.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 10-17-2020 at 12:35 PM.

My problem with this is that DD took a nice jump in year 2 and if he were able to do the same in year 3, he'd be close to as good as Bogdan. Not as good, but close when you look at his defense as well. Bledsoe, who struggles in the playoffs, but is an incredible defensive player, should have decent value to the right teams, just not contenders who need him to be their 3rd best player offensively. Pick 24 doesn't have that great of value, but it should to us. The Bucks need to add some young and cheap players to help fill out the roster. If we trade Bledsoe, DD and the pick for Bogdan, our 5 man lineup is Hill, Bogdan, Middleton, Giannis and Brook, definitely an upgrade, but our bench is Wes and Rolo. Not to mention that this trade might hard cap us at $139 Mil, meaning we'd only have about $15 -17 Mil to fill out the roster. Not enough money to use the full MLE. Our bench from this season wasn't good enough in the playoffs and it's likely to be much worse next season.

This is giannis last year potentially. If we flame out in the playoffs again, then it's almost for sure his last year. You can't really afford to say if this guy takes a other step. I'm not saying trade DD at all costs, but hes one of the few guys we have that has any value.

I just think you're over valuing what we have to give up. Bled is a good player. He's a very good defender but he's limited offensively and his struggles have been amplified in the playoffs. Not teams are fairly set at PG as well, so theres not a massive market for him.

DD is a nice player, who's young and cheap, but his ceiling isn't all that great. And he's actually a surprisingly mediocre shooter. Even in college he wasnt an elite shooter. Teams may want him as part of a package, but hes not a headliner. Realistically, his most likely outcome as a player is somewhere between George Hill and Wes Matthews. That's solid, but no one is giving us a stud where he's the headliner.

Pick 24 is not a great asset. Teams love picks, but a late pick in a weak draft with limited opportunities to see guys isn't going to be a pick people are super excited about.

BroLo is a nice player too, but the league is going away from traditional bigs. He's been a good defender at the rim, but you need a system that allows him to sit back defensively. Not every team does that, so his market is probably semi limited too.

I agree bogdanovic isn't some stud who absolutely changes the whole team. But it's very unlikely we have the assets to get that type of player. I'm not saying we have to deal it all for him, but if you're expecting some huge improvement, prepare to be disappointed. It's going to be marginal improvements in hope of a more consistent playoff performance.
    No doubt, everything u said is true. However we have to beware of the big teams. News flash " The Lakers wins the Championship"! They are a big team and losing BroLo would cripple us when we play these big teams. So this why I originally said that I would only package BroLo up for a star. Then we would become a strong offensive team rather than relying on defense to overcome.

Just for reference, here's pick 24 since 2010. Ty Jerome, Anfernee Simmons, Tyler Lyndon, Timothe Luwawu, Tyus Jones, Shabazz Napier, Tim Hardaway Jr, Jared Cunningham, Reggie Jackson and Damion James.

There's absolutely a few nice players there, but there's also enough uninspiring guys. And I dont recall the draft day narrative around all of them, but they were all either big question marks as either foreign prospects or under achievers in college (or didn't play college like Simmons) or guys like Jerome who are limited players who project as role players at best.

Comparatively, picks 23 and 25 aren't any better and I'd actualy argue both have a worse history than pick 24. But the point remains. You can get good players with picks in the mid 20s, but every GM knows the likelihood of getting anything more than a role player is really slim. So they are going to essentially value the pick similar to how you would value a cheap role player.
    If some how we would keep our pick at 24 I would go with Banes from TCU. He has size and range. A slightly taller version of Brogdon. Brogdon probably has better handles but Banes has a better health history.

My problem with this is that DD took a nice jump in year 2 and if he were able to do the same in year 3, he'd be close to as good as Bogdan. Not as good, but close when you look at his defense as well. Bledsoe, who struggles in the playoffs, but is an incredible defensive player, should have decent value to the right teams, just not contenders who need him to be their 3rd best player offensively. Pick 24 doesn't have that great of value, but it should to us. The Bucks need to add some young and cheap players to help fill out the roster. If we trade Bledsoe, DD and the pick for Bogdan, our 5 man lineup is Hill, Bogdan, Middleton, Giannis and Brook, definitely an upgrade, but our bench is Wes and Rolo. Not to mention that this trade might hard cap us at $139 Mil, meaning we'd only have about $15 -17 Mil to fill out the roster. Not enough money to use the full MLE. Our bench from this season wasn't good enough in the playoffs and it's likely to be much worse next season.
    I do like the grit and hustle of DD but unfortunately we would have to package him up in order to rid ourselves of Bledsoe. It would be nice if we could've took cared of business this year and won the championship and we would be able to add new talent with draft pick rather than forcing the issue of getting better.

This is giannis last year potentially. If we flame out in the playoffs again, then it's almost for sure his last year. You can't really afford to say if this guy takes a other step. I'm not saying trade DD at all costs, but hes one of the few guys we have that has any value.
    Right! Our luxury of waiting on development has flew out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    No doubt, everything u said is true. However we have to beware of the big teams. News flash " The Lakers wins the Championship"! They are a big team and losing BroLo would cripple us when we play these big teams. So this why I originally said that I would only package BroLo up for a star. Then we would become a strong offensive team rather than relying on defense to overcome.
    They don't really play that big though. They absolutely dominated Houston on the glass, which is why you can't go as small as Houston. But it's not like AD and Bron are banging in the post all day either. AD plays the perimeter plenty and isn't exactly an ideal matchup BroLo. And while we should be trying to win a ring, building a roster to offset LAL when we can't even get to the finals probably isn't wise.

So warming up to the idea of Bledsoe, DD and pick for Bogdan, if we can add the right piece's in FA. I know Bogdan will get more minutes at SG than Wes, but I'm still calling Wes the starter for now.

Hill, Wes, Midd, Giannis and Brolo

Use our MLE on Joe Harris and BE on DJ Augustin and sign Patrick Patterson at the minimum

2nd unit - Augustin, Bogdan, Harris, Patterson and Rolo

Not sure if we have enough money under the $139 hard cap to make that happen. Perhaps we can dump Wilson for a 2nd or even a conditional 2nd.