Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 217 of 235 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3522
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Regular season Jrue and regular season Bled aren't super different. Problem is post season Bledsoe is no where near regular season Bledsoe. If Jrue can even be 90% of himself in the playoffs, that's a massive upgrade.
    Agree. Not sure we need an upgrade from Bledsoe. I'd even be ok with a down grade to Rondo for the regular season, since when the playoffs come, he turns into playoff Rondo and shoots 40% from 3, plus great play making and inteligent play.Not sure why nobody has discussed using our MLE on Rondo.

One of our best shots at adding a really good player with the MLE is offering 4 years to Dragic or someone else who's a FA on a team that's trying to save cap space for Giannis. Sure we can say that Giannis isn't going anywhere and we may be right, but teams like the Heat, Raptors and Mav's are all, all in on signing Giannis. Bucks can use this to their advantage. Tell Giannis to hold off and say he's thinking about his options. Maybe have him mention the Heat and Mav's as possible destinations. Mean while the Bucks go after Dragic while the Heat think they're getting Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Agree. Not sure we need an upgrade from Bledsoe. I'd even be ok with a down grade to Rondo for the regular season, since when the playoffs come, he turns into playoff Rondo and shoots 40% from 3, plus great play making and inteligent play.Not sure why nobody has discussed using our MLE on Rondo.
    Probably cause Rondo just got a ring with the Lakers.

Even with Holiday better in the playoffs. Still cost like $10M more per. So Pelicans gonna have to like our scrap heap. Doubt Horst wants to part with DDV. Not sure were ready to part with a lightly protected 2024 first round pick either. Also Ingram is a RFA as well. So Pelicans have to watch their cap. He'll get the max. Not sure if Bledsoe and filler and some second round picks is enough at all. Other teams can top that. But maybe their GM would think Bledsoe and Holiday in regular season is about the same but $10M less and Bledsoe locked in a little bit more yet.

No way the Bucks give up Middleton for Holiday,Redick package either. Even if we have another deal lined up for Gordon or Bogdan. Still be parting with 2024 first round pick or DDV. Bucks don't have much ammo. Does seem odd Bucks be interested in Gordon or willing to take on Barnes with Bogdan. We moving Giannis to full time center then? Or front office quietly shopping Middleton for possible big trade?

You would think we be trying to keep Giannis/Middleton duo and try and get that third star. Or two other decent starters replace Bledsoe and WES. Probably be better with Brook gone as well. Yeah he boxes out for team rebounding and good shot blocker. But he can get ran off the floor as well with some teams line ups. Also if Brook is bricking 30 footers not that exciting then since Bud doesn't use him in the paint much.

Not so sure any combination of Brook,Rolo,Ersan,Wilson is enough for anything really. Probably takes DDV and/or 2024 first for Holiday. Not sure what it takes to get Gordon from the Magic. Let alone Bogdan/Barnes package from Kings.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 11-11-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Bogdan is an RFA. They very well could end up in a situation like we did with Brogdan. Brogdan was worth more than we got for him, but as an RFA, he had some say. So it was more get what you can for him. If Bogdanovic wants out and is an RFA, it may make sense for Sac to move him for $.50 on the $1 as opposed to losing him for nothing or be forced to match. I think Barnes is actually viewed as less of a positive and we'd actually be sort of eating him as an added incentive to taking Bogdan.

That's sort of how I feel about Oladipo as well. I get his fit isn't perfect, but he represents a guy who we could theoretically buy a little lower on who has some upside to explode.

I really am not sure what the Bucks realistically can get....Rondo doesn't want to play in MKE. He has plenty of value in other places like Clippers or Lakers return he'd much rather do. I wouldn't mind getting a Derrick Favors or someone for MLE. This team needs a ballhandler who can do some things and take a game over at times. Something to ease the pressure off of Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Bogdan is an RFA. They very well could end up in a situation like we did with Brogdan. Brogdan was worth more than we got for him, but as an RFA, he had some say. So it was more get what you can for him. If Bogdanovic wants out and is an RFA, it may make sense for Sac to move him for $.50 on the $1 as opposed to losing him for nothing or be forced to match. I think Barnes is actually viewed as less of a positive and we'd actually be sort of eating him as an added incentive to taking Bogdan.

That's sort of how I feel about Oladipo as well. I get his fit isn't perfect, but he represents a guy who we could theoretically buy a little lower on who has some upside to explode.
    Sign and trade for Bogdan hard caps the Bucks. Also only would have the tax MLE. Also what's Bogdan's first year salary? $15M? More or less? Yeahs Barnes contract decreases each year. $22.2M to $20.2M to $18.3M. But still don't have Giannis inked long term yet. Also Middleton contract goes up each year. Also still got Bledsoe and Brook and Hill. Ersan,Rolo,Wilson,Wes all expiring's more less.

Oladipo or Holiday be ready for big pay days. Bucks don't have much options with Giannis and Middleton as the main duo. Then stuck scratching for that third name. Also if that third name is ready for a new big time contract. Bucks don't have much wiggle room. Also weak bench. Not sure what ring chasers we land this year.

I don't mind any trades to land CP3,Bogdan,Oladipo,Gordon,Holiday,LaVine if it's mainly scraps. But if we eat Barnes to get a sign and trade of Bogdan. Barnes is $22M salary. Who we trading to get to have Barnes before the second trade for S&T of Bogdan? Rolo,Ersan,Wilson gives Kings expiring's of like $16.5M. Not sure that's a legal swap for Barnes or not? Other wise need a bigger contract like Brook or Hill. Then use Bledsoe for another random trade for Holiday or Gordon?

Unless the front office is thinking of like the old Jennings trade. To trade one piece in Jenning's for two instant starters of Knight and Middleton. Middleton was more then just a throw in. Not sure Giannis be happy to see Middleton traded. But if Middleton was dealt and we still ended up with like 2 of 4 names of like Holiday,Oladipo,Gordon and maybe Bogdan it be something. Since Middleton is $33M and second best trade asset. Might not be smart to trade a dollar for .75 cents or let alone two 50 cent pieces. But better options on the starting roster instead of Bledsoe Wes back court was grim. Bad enough Bledsoe,Hill,DDV vanished in the playoffs. Wes is a scrappy defender and high motor. But he can barely scratch for 10 points a game.

But like you said maybe Bogdan is going pennies on the dollar. Oladipo most teams wanna see him play again before trading for him. Bucks could have a whole new team if they wanted to get crazy enough. Also who knows if Middleton can hold up to his 50-40-90 numbers and get paid more each year here on out. He could gain weight or get lazy like we seen before. Or streaky shooting. Or his numbers drop. Or gets random injuries.

But trading Middleton it could be counter productive and botch everything up as well. I still preferred trading for CP3 and have Giannis,CP3,Middleton as our big3. But would still need ring chasers yet.

Isn't Giannis close friends with Kings Bogdan Bogdanovic? Or they worked out one summer? I thought I read that somewhere. Or they played together overseas?

Any thoughts of adding a Holiday or Bogdan without including both DDV and pick 24 are probably not realistic. I can't imagine how we could possibly end up with Barnes, because matching his salary is nearly impossible. I get it that Rondo would like to stay with the Lakers, but doubt he'd turn down our $9.3 Mil MLE to earn $2.7 Min with Lakers. I don't think Rondo is the Lakers top target or 2nd choice either for that matter.

The Clippers might be preferred, but if you think we have salary cap and trade asset issues, you should spend some time looking at their situation. We have many more options and tradable assets than the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Any thoughts of adding a Holiday or Bogdan without including both DDV and pick 24 are probably not realistic. I can't imagine how we could possibly end up with Barnes, because matching his salary is nearly impossible. I get it that Rondo would like to stay with the Lakers, but doubt he'd turn down our $9.3 Mil MLE to earn $2.7 Min with Lakers. I don't think Rondo is the Lakers top target or 2nd choice either for that matter.

The Clippers might be preferred, but if you think we have salary cap and trade asset issues, you should spend some time looking at their situation. We have many more options and tradable assets than the Clippers.
    I would agree on holiday for sure. Bogdan might be doable as an RFA, if he basically says I want out and I'm signing elsewhere. I know the kings could match, but matching an unhappy player usually doesn't work out well. Not sure if he's unhappy or not, but he might be gettable for cheaper than he should be just due to that.

Here's a Westbrook idea we could get in on.

We get Julius Randle and Austin Rivers Houston get Eric Bledsoe, Bobby Portis, Kevin Knox, and 2021 1st (protected) from NY and NY gets Russell Westbrook and Robin Lopez.

I am not a big fan of Randle or Rivers based on defense, financially it would give us future flexibility and Randle is a 25 year old who nearly averaged 20/10.

We get Zach Lavine GSW gets Lauri Markenen, Eric Bledsoe, Brook Lopez Chicago gets Andrew Wiggins, Donte Divencenzo, and #2.

I don't know if GSW really gets a difference maker but Markenen would get open shots, Bledsoe would be the defensive backcourt companion, and Lopez would be a shot blocker. Chicago gets a pick and wing that might pair better with Coby White. We get a young scorer who could pair with Giannis and Khris nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    Here's a Westbrook idea we could get in on.

We get Julius Randle and Austin Rivers Houston get Eric Bledsoe, Bobby Portis, Kevin Knox, and 2021 1st (protected) from NY and NY gets Russell Westbrook and Robin Lopez.

I am not a big fan of Randle or Rivers based on defense, financially it would give us future flexibility and Randle is a 25 year old who nearly averaged 20/10.

We get Zach Lavine GSW gets Lauri Markenen, Eric Bledsoe, Brook Lopez Chicago gets Andrew Wiggins, Donte Divencenzo, and #2.

I don't know if GSW really gets a difference maker but Markenen would get open shots, Bledsoe would be the defensive backcourt companion, and Lopez would be a shot blocker. Chicago gets a pick and wing that might pair better with Coby White. We get a young scorer who could pair with Giannis and Khris nicely.
    No way the first deal happens. That is a horrendous deal for NY. Randle 20/10. Knox and a first for aging Russ and RoLo?? But the bottom one isn't too shabby tbh. Not the biggest Lavine fan but I would probably do that deal.

Kevin O'Connor reports Bucks looking to move on from Bledsoe (DUH) but that are really interested in Covington/PJ Tucker in HOU. I would love RoCo. He can defend multiple positions and hit 3s. Not a playmaker but would be the ideal 3 and D guy in closing lineup. Then get a playmaker or 2 and Bucks would be in great shape imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I would hate getting Barnes and Bogdan. I don't see much improvement there, getting like the 3rd and 4th options on team that was 10 games below .500. Barnes would be a nice add but 3 years at over 20 million is way to much and Bogdon would probably be overpaid as well. I would almost prefer Bjelica to be a more offense Ersan type role player.

I would be willing to take a chance on Boogie, we would need to trade one of the Lopez brothers. I think Boogie could do some of the defensive things Brook does but would need to step back some.
    I thought the same thing about this trade when I first saw it but I thought if we can unload our junk for these guys I'll be good. And that includes everyone except for Giannis, Middleton and BroLo to a certain degree!

And yea if we do take a chance on Boogie, he would have to manage him properly and unleash him when the offense gets stagnant "playoffs"!

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Boogie has had 3 significant lower body injuries. I mean i have no issues taking a chance on him but would need tamper expectations. Agree on Bogdan and Barnes.

This team should go for it. Giannis likely is only signing stretch provision if he signs extension. Need to get something done here and go for it. Role players aren't getting it done. Need someone who can take over games on a consistent basis. Jrue Holiday might be about the only difference maker this team is potentially trading for imo.
    I just want them to take a flyer on Boogie for low risk high reward deal from the vet min to Bi level. If he don't work out we can easily wash our hands and if he do bounce back look out league! I really feel the same way about I.T.

Unfortunately I think our chips aren't good enough to compete with other teams that want Holiday. Although I would love to have him