Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 250 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3746
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I was asking if Stauskas was a camp deal. Like not fully guaranteed and can be waived anytime if we have a better buyout option when vets get bought out.
    Yea! Its a strong chance that he can look better than PatC and even DD

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Stauskas would be a sieve for defense. Also played over seas last year. So be a bit rusty getting use to the NBA again. Stauskas is the lessor cheap version of Bogdan.

Still shocked we signed Stauskas when we drafted Merrill.

And what leads you to beleive that? Stauskas is a career 35% shooter from 3 and under 40% total. Pat is 34% from 3 and mid 40s from the field. So stauskas really isn't a significantly better shooter. Factor in pat does alot of other stuff better, like defend and rebound, and there's little reason to think hell be better. Pat's PER the last 2, years are better than anything Stauskas has done over a full season.

It's just a camp deal. We don't have the money to give him a roster spot. It's just a 2 week try out and unless he's gotten exceptionally good, he'll be gone cause we'd have to dump someone else to make room for him.

Stauskas would be a sieve for defense. Also played over seas last year. So be a bit rusty getting use to the NBA again. Stauskas is the lessor cheap version of Bogdan.
    There u go Miller. He has the ideal size for our team. However if he can get his mojo back, he can beat out PatC and DD

It makes plenty of sense to sign Stauskas bc its not Merrill to look at, its PatC and DD. Merrill is a better shooter on a cheaper contract and the Bucks trying to see if Nik can make PatC and DD expendable with a cheaper contract. If so, u should know what happens next

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And what leads you to beleive that? Stauskas is a career 35% shooter from 3 and under 40% total. Pat is 34% from 3 and mid 40s from the field. So stauskas really isn't a significantly better shooter. Factor in pat does alot of other stuff better, like defend and rebound, and there's little reason to think hell be better. Pat's PER the last 2, years are better than anything Stauskas has done over a full season.
    Well Mr. Crew, u have to be really in denial about PatC and DD and especially for PatC. Besides Wilson these are the least relevant guys on our roster and a real evaluater of the game can easily see it. Don't get me wrong DD do has a chance to remove the perception but I think the salary of these guys can be combined for a better talent or talents. We can't afford to fall in love with guys with good interviews and being good workout buddies. Its the court where we need them the most. So this is why I'm routing for Nik. Heck u should be too. Don't u want Giannis to stay?

By the way Crew, try looking at everyteam and salaries in the league u would find in a very high percentage of at least 1 player that would be better than PatC and DD

Well Mr. Crew, u have to be really in denial about PatC and DD and especially for PatC. Besides Wilson these are the least relevant guys on our roster and a real evaluater of the game can easily see it. Don't get me wrong DD do has a chance to remove the perception but I think the salary of these guys can be combined for a better talent or talents. We can't afford to fall in love with guys with good interviews and being good workout buddies. Its the court where we need them the most. So this is why I'm routing for Nik. Heck u should be too. Don't u want Giannis to stay?

By the way Crew, try looking at everyteam and salaries in the league u would find in a very high percentage of at least 1 player that would be better than PatC and DD
    You way undervalue DD. He really only has 1 year experience since he was hurt rookie season. He played great defensively in regular season and was decent offensively with his energy. I'd say DD is our closest thing to a starting SG on this team and he should get about half the minutes, with the other half split between Forbes and Jrue. I'm not saying I wouldn't trade DD if the right player was available, but if we stand pat, he's our best option at SG.

Regular season playing time:

Center - Brook 27, Portis 15, Giannis 6

PF - Giannis 26, Craig 16, Midd 6

SF - Midd 26, Pat 14, Nwora 8

SG - DD 24, Forbes 16, Jrue 8

PG - Jrue 24, DJ 24

That's the way I'd break it down. Obviously the end of bench players get minutes in blowouts.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    You way undervalue DD. He really only has 1 year experience since he was hurt rookie season. He played great defensively in regular season and was decent offensively with his energy. I'd say DD is our closest thing to a starting SG on this team and he should get about half the minutes, with the other half split between Forbes and Jrue. I'm not saying I wouldn't trade DD if the right player was available, but if we stand pat, he's our best option at SG.
    I really like DD potential. It's just that him and PatC gives me Eric Bledsoe flashbacks. Basically they give you flashes of hope in the regular season but in the playoffs nothing....fall off the cliff! I ran out of patience with them in the Miami series. It was time for them to show fight with their so called defense, energy and hustle but they showed the in ability of any fight at all. They was outplayed by an undrafted guy like Nun.
    I do get the optimism of DD but like I said in previous post, he is the best of the worse to trade to get better. Now he could take a big jump in play this year but I'm observing from the past and we can't afford to hope he improve his play as the season goes on. However I do think Forbes is the best player to start bc of his 40% shooting which allows good spacing for Giannis. Although Forbes is a liability on defense he is elite at something. DD and PatC aren't really good at nothing. I'm just realistic! However if we do keep these guys, I hope DD prove me wrong. And I'm really truthful bc I want to win it all!!!

There u go Miller. He has the ideal size for our team. However if he can get his mojo back, he can beat out PatC and DD
    No he can't. He never had mojo in the NBA.

On Merrill...there is a legit question whether he can see the floor at all because his defense is that suspect. He can shoot it, but his defense might make him unplayable.

Pat C and DD as currently constructed don't have to worry about PT being taken from those two.

I think the Bucks do need another big on this roster. While I do think they should go small with Giannis/Portis combo small/ball in playoffs...the regular season I think should get a big...Dedmon still available? Labissierre or O'Quinn would fit.

Any chance we could trade DD and Wilson for a decent young 4/5 and a throw-in guard. I haven't come up with anything good.

Probably doesn't matter since Bud is a big part of the problem. Yeah regular season we can get by with coach Bud. But playoffs he doesn't adjust. Yeah last season's team was flawed. Only ones that really showed up for playoffs were Giannis and Middleton. Then Giannis hurt his ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    No he can't. He never had mojo in the NBA.

On Merrill...there is a legit question whether he can see the floor at all because his defense is that suspect. He can shoot it, but his defense might make him unplayable.

Pat C and DD as currently constructed don't have to worry about PT being taken from those two.

I think the Bucks do need another big on this roster. While I do think they should go small with Giannis/Portis combo small/ball in playoffs...the regular season I think should get a big...Dedmon still available? Labissierre or O'Quinn would fit.
    Exactly. The only time stauskas put up an even semi respectable stat line (counting stats wise) was when he got big minutes on the tanking 76ers team. He needs to be a 42%+ shooter from 3 at least to find minutes because he doesn't do anything well.

And no one is saying Pat C is an all nba guy. He's like our 8th or 9th guy. That's an acceptable role for him. Was it an over pay? Probably, but to act like Nik Stauskas is going to take his minutes after not even being in the nba last year.