Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 274 of 300 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4499
  1. #4096
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Most likely it be Holiday and Middleton for Dame. But then it's pretty much Giannis and Dame going off for 70 points a game cause we wont have much else for a team. That's if Blazers wanna reload. If they want to rebuild then it would have to be a 3 or 4 team trade with some high lottery picks as well. But not sure what lottery teams would want Holiday or Middleton. Speculation Kings shopping #4. At this point we probably just run it back with same team. Unless PATC or Portis bolts for more money elsewhere. But like Crew said. Most teams dont have much cap to spend. So early Bird rights for Portis. MLE for PATC. That's if our owner wanna be $170M+ in the tax.
    It's only 4 people in the NBA that I would trade both Holiday and Middleton for and that's Durant, Embid, Jokic and Luka. I feel either one of these guys can make up for the two.

  2. #4097
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Bud is pretty stubborn. He has his formula and doesnt deviate from it. The 3ís killed us in this series but he was willing to keep giving them up. At some point you have to try something else.
    Yea his coaching has limited the team full potential. I think the Bucks should get a good development and X and O assistant coach or just fire Bud for Head. It just don't make sense to keep playing Allen and Hill, inability to run plays to get Portis cleaner looks and not trying something different off the bench when our offense become ghosted.

  3. #4098
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Portis was nice in the regular season when Lopez was out. But the way the bench players **** the bed. I wouldn't pay Portis 4/$40M at all. Our bench could be totally different next season. No capspace. Just one pick in the draft.

    Plenty of players with options that can bolt which maybe for the best to let them walk and reload with different players. Not much for trade bait either. Allen and Lopez and Nwora wont fetch much. Probably wont break up the big3 either.
    Portis is worth $10 mil yearly but Allen is about to make $10 mil yearly and we need to get rid of that contract.

  4. #4099
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Most likely it be Holiday and Middleton for Dame. But then it's pretty much Giannis and Dame going off for 70 points a game cause we wont have much else for a team. That's if Blazers wanna reload. If they want to rebuild then it would have to be a 3 or 4 team trade with some high lottery picks as well. But not sure what lottery teams would want Holiday or Middleton. Speculation Kings shopping #4. At this point we probably just run it back with same team. Unless PATC or Portis bolts for more money elsewhere. But like Crew said. Most teams dont have much cap to spend. So early Bird rights for Portis. MLE for PATC. That's if our owner wanna be $170M+ in the tax.
    There is no fu***ng way the Bucks are trading Jrue and Middleton for Dame. Not like Dame in his prime or won't be much longer.

    The Bucks can offer Portis 4-40 basically and Pat bird rights so likely 3-24 range and PC made it sound like would give MKE a discount. The Bucks can retain their own with rights without the ding in luxury tax. Not going to use their MLE on one guy because the tax is like a 32M hit for a 6M deal. It's crazy. Hard to blame not wanting to go into tax like that for Tucker last year. The Bucks likely can't do much in FA outside of retaining their own. Might have to pair 24 pick with Brook for a couple players to match salary and get some cheap role players into MKE

  5. #4100
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Lol. Duh, but why would the Knicks make that trade. On Portis.....he is a no-brainer re-sign. I think he was planning on the 4-39.5 Delly type deal from MKE last year when we couldn't so he is likely going to get that deal. Also, he can be brought back without the major cap hit for bird rights retaining player move that doesn't ding you too bad. If signing outside and over the cap you get dinged pretty good. Portis if he takes that deal will be back. Also the deal is good in trade fillers salary wise. Don't overreact to the flame out in the playoffs. Portis has been great nearly his entire tenure. But he needs space. Which he typically has, but when every other role player not named PC sucks and bricking shots and Midds out can stay closer connected to BP. I thought Bud made a mistake going away from BP in G4. He has earned the right to play through some struggles and Bucks feed off his energy. Also look at the numbers players shot on BP in playoffs. He was actually good defensively. I think more interesting is PC. I think he's gone. Someone going to pay him good $$$.

    Bucks issue was offense. Jrue inefficient. Giannis had to do so much he was gassed. Had to win G6. Role players sh** the bed. Hill, Lopez, BP (last two games), Allen were all non-factors. The biggest thing for me too was the quick shots. Bucks took soooo many (Jrue too) one pass or no pass jack a contested 3, long 2 with 16 on the shot clock. WTF. Move the ball. Offense was the issue for the Bucks. I would say Bucks need to sign a cheap big or draft a young big and bring in a backup PG with any cash or trade. Doesn't have to be a great big either.
    Jrue and Giannis do drive me crazy when they take them quick shots. It's basically like a turnover everytime. Like u said it was a lack of ball movement. Bud play calling really sucks! If only we can get a coach or at least an assistant that can run effective plays.

  6. #4101
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'd probably make that deal too but I'm not a big Randle fan. That guy is a good player as a whole, but he's not overly efficient and kills ball movement. To me, he's one of those guys that are more valuable to bad teams as the best player on a bad team than a role player on a good team. I hate to feed the tropes, but some guys contribute to winning basketball much better than others. Randle feels like a guy who is a good player who doesn't contribute to winning basketball as much.
    I think Randle would work in Utah, Hawks, and Mavs. Although I would take any talent on the Bucks, I just don't think his potential want peak with Giannis. It takes a special type of coach to pull that off.

  7. #4102
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,977
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    There is no fu***ng way the Bucks are trading Jrue and Middleton for Dame. Not like Dame in his prime or won't be much longer.

    The Bucks can offer Portis 4-40 basically and Pat bird rights so likely 3-24 range and PC made it sound like would give MKE a discount. The Bucks can retain their own with rights without the ding in luxury tax. Not going to use their MLE on one guy because the tax is like a 32M hit for a 6M deal. It's crazy. Hard to blame not wanting to go into tax like that for Tucker last year. The Bucks likely can't do much in FA outside of retaining their own. Might have to pair 24 pick with Brook for a couple players to match salary and get some cheap role players into MKE
    Yeah the Bucks wouldn't want to part with both Holiday and Middleton. Just saying it's probably the topic starter in any Dame trade talks from the Blazers end.

  8. #4103
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,185
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah the Bucks wouldn't want to part with both Holiday and Middleton. Just saying it's probably the topic starter in any Dame trade talks from the Blazers end.
    It all comes down to what Dame wants to be honest. If Dame wants out, they will almost certainly go full rebuild. So Midds and Jrue probably don't actually make sense. Would almost certainly need to get a 3rd team or more involved. But Portland will do right by Dame. He's remained loyal to them for a long time. If he asks out and gives them a list of places he wants to go, I'm sure they'll try to find a way to make a deal to one of those teams.

    I know giannis and Dame are kind of buds, but I can't imagine a situatuon where Dame says I'm only going to milwaukee. If he says that, then I'm sure we'll find a way to get a deal done, but I doubt that will be the case.

  9. #4104
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,977
    I think we just run it back with what we got. Try and keep Portis with early Bird rights. Partial MLE to PATC and another free agent. Thanasis back at vet minimum. Not sure if we keep Nwora and Mamu since both RFA. Maybe trade Brook and Hill to a team that needs cap flexibility down the road and we get a slightly longer deal of 2 or 3 years. Maybe have to cough up #24 as well in the deal to get a better player. Matthews back at vet minimum. Keep Carter. Let Allen have a small window to return and play a bit. If no improvement. Then trade him later.

  10. #4105
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,977
    Then again since we didn't repeat. Will the owners even wanna spend more? Already a tax repeater team. Factor in after this next season is over. Middleton has a player option. So his next MAX deal will be a lot.

  11. #4106
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I think we just run it back with what we got. Try and keep Portis with early Bird rights. Partial MLE to PATC and another free agent. Thanasis back at vet minimum. Not sure if we keep Nwora and Mamu since both RFA. Maybe trade Brook and Hill to a team that needs cap flexibility down the road and we get a slightly longer deal of 2 or 3 years. Maybe have to cough up #24 as well in the deal to get a better player. Matthews back at vet minimum. Keep Carter. Let Allen have a small window to return and play a bit. If no improvement. Then trade him later.
    Don't have to use any MLE on PC with bird rights. But I agree with most of this. Also on the Allen deal, he kind of getting a bad rap. He stunk vs. Boston no doubt, but the Bulls games really made expectations too high. He isn't a 20-point guy. He's a role player and shouldn't be looked at as somebody you expect to play well. He was actually very good in his role in the regular season.

    I do think the Bucks will likely have to trade 24 with Brook, Hill. Maybe get a guy on a deal to match with multiple years or something. I agree with what you say as running it back is most likely scenario. They did go 7 games with Boston without Middleton. If healthy the Bucks probably go back to Finals. As you said bring back matthews etc. and hopefully a Warren or someone off injury has to take a prove-it deal comes to MKE.

  12. #4107
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,185
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Don't have to use any MLE on PC with bird rights. But I agree with most of this. Also on the Allen deal, he kind of getting a bad rap. He stunk vs. Boston no doubt, but the Bulls games really made expectations too high. He isn't a 20-point guy. He's a role player and shouldn't be looked at as somebody you expect to play well. He was actually very good in his role in the regular season.

    I do think the Bucks will likely have to trade 24 with Brook, Hill. Maybe get a guy on a deal to match with multiple years or something. I agree with what you say as running it back is most likely scenario. They did go 7 games with Boston without Middleton. If healthy the Bucks probably go back to Finals. As you said bring back matthews etc. and hopefully a Warren or someone off injury has to take a prove-it deal comes to MKE.
    Exactly. Allen struggled in the Boston series, but he had a pretty solid season. He's not a bad player. Im not opposed to moving him, but he's not a bad contract and he's not immovable. He's a good guy to have around. This was really his first go around at a really competitive playoff series. He **** the bed. But he wouldn't be the first dude to struggle in his real playoff experience.

  13. #4108
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And don't get me wrong, I'm more than fine trading allen if it's for an upgrade. That being said, im also not writing him off based on one series. Memphis snuck into the playoffs last year but wasn't expected to do much. They were happy to be there. This was his first really high level playoff dog fight. Sometimes you need to experience that before you really step up. As a whole, I think he had a nice season and can be a usable guy. He just needs to not shrink in the moment next year.
    I can agree only if he would be on the same contract but for 10 million I would trade him in a package for a reliable playoff player.

  14. #4109
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Knicks were shopping Randle last year. Just saying if Portis isn't back Randle be a big I would trade for. Yeah I could see PATC take a bag of money elsewhere. Possibly heads back to Portland? Lopez and Hill are nice expiring deals to trade. Nwora has no value. Allen fell off as well. Not much for trading. We have #24 pick in this draft. Lopez/Hill combined at $17.9M expiring. Find a team in the tax that wants to dump a bit longer deal that is a slight better player then Lopez and Hill cool beans for us.

    Kings always seem gullible to trade with us. Barnes is 18.3M. If not Barnes then what about Holmes and Holiday for Lopez and Hill? That's if Kings have buyers remorse on the money they gave to Holmes. I'd even consider Barnes and Holiday for Lopez,Allen,Hill. Heck I always wanted Graham. Allen,Hill,Nwora for Graham would be awesome. But I doubt Pelicans give up Graham that easy.

    Oh yeah Sanders and Leuer are finally off the books for dead money.
    I would definitely make that trade for Barnes and Holiday. I wouldn't do the trade for Graham. Although I once liked Graham in Charlotte but now he is so inefficient. He actually got his job by that undrafted guard that was giving Cp3 hell in the playoffs.

  15. #4110
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Dort is another player I would trade for. He's only 6'3" but defends wings easily. Upped his scoring. But not the greatest three point shooter though. $1.9M team option for the Thunder. I'd trade #24 on draft night for Dort in a heartbeat.
    I don't think we can trade our pick this year but what about Hill and Nwora for Dort? Holiday and Dort can be the opposing team guards nightmare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •