Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 244 of 248 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3719
    Bucks sign Justin Jackson to a two way contract. Bucks have full 17 player roster.

https://www.nba.com/bucks/news/milwa...way-contract-0

Bucks sign Mamadi Diakite to a multi-year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bucks sign Mamadi Diakite to a multi-year extension.
    Love this move. Diakite was sensational at both ends of the court in the G league. Give him a year on the roster to see if he can blossom into a rotational player or more. I think he has more potential than Merril, because of his defense, shot blocking and rebounding in addition to the offensive skills he showed in the G league.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Honestly hope they can move Donte as the sweetener with Lopez. I don't mind DD but I don't see him being a 30 min a night guy. He is a good 20 minute energy guy but I don't see an extra gear in his game or a huge leap coming. I wonder who could be a good salary match for a nice player on this team.
    Couldn't agree more. Would love to find a Center that can switch and defend for Lopez and DD.

Eric Nehm
    @eric_nehm
    Reported some additional details on Mamadi Diakite’s contract over on @TheAthletic app.

Diakite’s multi-year contract runs through the 2022-23 season and the next two years are team options. A bit of creative cap manipulation to squeeze an extra year out of the deal.

https://twitter.com/eric_nehm/status...98668437176320

Good to see Bucks learned a bit although a lot easier now. Should have kept Wood over Ersan or Gasol. Bucks had an open spot for a guy I think can be pretty similar to Wood. Not sure if he has the range right now or can get it but good to see them take a flyer on a young guy with talent for that last spot over say Iso Joe who likely plays...at all? Come playoff time anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Would love to find a Center that can switch and defend for Lopez and DD.
    If we're moving on from Lopez, make giannis the center. Get a Portis type (if Portis isn't back) to pair with him at times and maybe try to find a big oaf as your 10th man or something to bang in the post the few times you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If we're moving on from Lopez, make giannis the center. Get a Portis type (if Portis isn't back) to pair with him at times and maybe try to find a big oaf as your 10th man or something to bang in the post the few times you need it.
    Would have to do due diligence, but Myles Turner might be DPOY this year but his salary matches up with DD, BroLo....not sure how injury prone he is, but seems to miss time, but I am not sure what past injuries were.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Would have to do due diligence, but Myles Turner might be DPOY this year but his salary matches up with DD, BroLo....not sure how injury prone he is, but seems to miss time, but I am not sure what past injuries were.
    Pacers easily decline. Hopefully the Bucks can come to terms and some how keep Portis though.

Giannis with a ankle sprain. Injured first minute of the Rockets game last night. I didn't catch the game but Bud has to go. Without Giannis the Bucks are looking more and more like a lottery team. Would think if Bucks stumble in the playoffs again Bud is gone.

Possible some big roster shake up like Middleton traded or something. Middleton is the last long hold over Buck since Henson and Ersan are gone. Also Middleton defense is pretty much gone. Yeah Bud is to blame as well as a lousy coach. Middleton is a 50 40 90 guy. But wow he doesn't seem to take over games and win. I know wings are very important to have in the league now.

But man something has to give. Possible Bud fired and a big Middleton trade. If CP3 wasn't so old I rather have him over Middleton. Holiday at SG. Still can have Brook at center, Giannis at PF. Then either PATC or Thanasis or a rookie at SF. Or trade Brook and DDV for a SF and move Giannis to center and start Portis a PF. Seems good things happen when Portis and Giannis are on the floor together.

But with the Suns as a second seed doubt they trade CP3 now next season.

But with the Suns as a second seed doubt they trade CP3 now next season.
    THe Bucks have no wings with length other than Middleton. Nwora and that's it. So, if they trade him need some wings with length coming back. Or an athletic big so they can trade Brook. He is so slow and just can't switch. Just torched by quick guards if the Bucks want to switch now he is almost unplayable because he isn't a 25 point guy.

I agree, I think Lopez, DD are gone because nothing else much for sweeteners. If stink in playoffs again Middleton may be gone I agree. Would be quite a makeover. Basically starting over with only safe ones Giannis and Holiday and maybe Thanasis lol. I do like Nwora, too

I could see the Bucks getting worse each season here on out if we stand pat. Still have Sanders and Leuer dead money on the books yet for next season. Portis and Forbes are player options which they probably opt out for more money and Tucker is a free agent.

Thanasis is a RFA. Not sure if Giannis be happy if he left for big money? Possibly. Bucks most likely in the luxury tax before free agency since Giannis and Middleton and Holiday contracts inflate big time here on out. Giannis is friends with Middleton and PATC I guess. So if they are traded Giannis be pissed.

Lopez/DDV wont return much in a trade. As for the draft no first round pick. Only that early #31 second round pick from the Rockets. Also with other teams getting better. Ring chasers be probably skipping us on the list now. Or be last resort option but we have no money other then the tax MLE.

Also we still have coach Bud yet.

I could see the Bucks getting worse each season here on out if we stand pat. Still have Sanders and Leuer dead money on the books yet for next season. Portis and Forbes are player options which they probably opt out for more money and Tucker is a free agent.

Thanasis is a RFA. Not sure if Giannis be happy if he left for big money? Possibly. Bucks most likely in the luxury tax before free agency since Giannis and Middleton and Holiday contracts inflate big time here on out. Giannis is friends with Middleton and PATC I guess. So if they are traded Giannis be pissed.

Lopez/DDV wont return much in a trade. As for the draft no first round pick. Only that early #31 second round pick from the Rockets. Also with other teams getting better. Ring chasers be probably skipping us on the list now. Or be last resort option but we have no money other then the tax MLE.

Also we still have coach Bud yet.
    I'm not sure, but I think we may still qualify for the nontaxpayer MLE. That was the reason the timing of the Diakite deal kept us under the tax payer level, unless Holiday's bonuses put us over.

I personally think this year is our weakest year because of being hardcapped. The next couple years we can look to add players and salary. We also blew our MLE last season. Ideally you sign a player to a 3 or 4 year MLE contract and keep him and add another the next year.

As long as the Bucks have Giannis, we will be a destination for ring chasers. Not the 1st choice, but 3rd or 4th.

Agree that Bud has to go unless we make the finals or at least game 7 of the ECF.

At this point I don't see us trading Middleton even if we fail early in the playoffs. Only hope would be Bud is fired. I doubt Middleton is traded for a upgrade. Cause we don't have any ammo for a upgrade. DDV is slipping. Lopez doesn't hold much if any value possibly negative value. No picks to trade. Also I doubt we bundle Middleton and Holiday for a super star.

Our only hope is a new coach. Also improve from within with what we got. Bring back Portis and maybe Tucker? If Tucker looks bad in the playoffs. Then just keep Portis and bring Thanasis back. Maybe still try a tiny trade of DDV and Slopez for a wing. Hope our rookies become something next season. Hope we get something decent with our early Rockets second round pick in this draft.