Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 205 of 206 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3084
  1. #3061
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This has plagued bucks fans for years, but there's always this thought process of "I don't like this guy, let's get rid of him" that goes along with a similar thought of "this same player is really good and well get max value out of him." And Bledsoe is the prime example of that. If he struggles in the playoffs again, you may need to dump him. But you aren't selling him and getting a better asset for him. If we don't want him because he's aging and struggles in the playoffs, other teams aren't going to want him all that bad for the same reasons.

    Ersan has value, especially if the cap drops. There's a decent chance he can be packaged with the pick to gst something decent. But guys like hill and bled don't have great value. Young teams aren't giving up picks for those types of guys and most of the competitive teams have pgs.
    The Lakers don't have a PG of Bledsoe's class and Lebron is known to want Bledsoe alongside him. I agree that not many would want Bledsoe, but again, no trade is good for all of the league's teams, there are teams which would love to have Bledsoe (Orlando, Knicks, LAL) and others which are like you say.

    In any case, you are certainly right that Ilyasova will be extremely valuable for three days (from the 15th to the 18th of October) to a team that needs to dump salary, after the 18th, his contract becomes guaranteed and there will be nobody wanting him. Certainly the Bucks don't need him anymore after Marvin has joined the team.

  2. #3062
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    The Lakers don't have a PG of Bledsoe's class and Lebron is known to want Bledsoe alongside him. I agree that not many would want Bledsoe, but again, no trade is good for all of the league's teams, there are teams which would love to have Bledsoe (Orlando, Knicks, LAL) and others which are like you say.

    In any case, you are certainly right that Ilyasova will be extremely valuable for three days (from the 15th to the 18th of October) to a team that needs to dump salary, after the 18th, his contract becomes guaranteed and there will be nobody wanting him. Certainly the Bucks don't need him anymore after Marvin has joined the team.
    The Bucks signed Bled to an extension and I think want him to work out but I don't think they could do another stinker in the playoffs. It will be interesting what happens if Giannis doesn't sign supermax and Bucks are out before Finals. If the Bucks win they don't have the cap room to really improve the team via FA. Have to be via trade and could as you say make minor moves but was just saying if Bucks win it all or go to Finals I see them sticking with Bled as Hill is older. DD is improving. I just hope Bucks get to Finals and Giannis since supermax.

  3. #3063
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    The Bucks signed Bled to an extension and I think want him to work out but I don't think they could do another stinker in the playoffs. It will be interesting what happens if Giannis doesn't sign supermax and Bucks are out before Finals. If the Bucks win they don't have the cap room to really improve the team via FA. Have to be via trade and could as you say make minor moves but was just saying if Bucks win it all or go to Finals I see them sticking with Bled as Hill is older. DD is improving. I just hope Bucks get to Finals and Giannis since supermax.
    Sure Hill is older, but Bledsoe has the greater salary and therefore can bring back more valuable return before he is on age at which nobody will want him.

    Besides, look at the Nets financial status, they are totally screwed especially since the cap will drop further and will have to move and dump the salary of two out of Harris, LeVert, Prince or Dinwiddie, Dinwiddie looks the most possible because he has a P.O. a season later, which he is expected to refuse.

    The Nets wouldn't of course want Bledsoe, but because they need to dump salary, Ilyasova would be very tempting for them.

  4. #3064
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,129
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    The Lakers don't have a PG of Bledsoe's class and Lebron is known to want Bledsoe alongside him. I agree that not many would want Bledsoe, but again, no trade is good for all of the league's teams, there are teams which would love to have Bledsoe (Orlando, Knicks, LAL) and others which are like you say.

    In any case, you are certainly right that Ilyasova will be extremely valuable for three days (from the 15th to the 18th of October) to a team that needs to dump salary, after the 18th, his contract becomes guaranteed and there will be nobody wanting him. Certainly the Bucks don't need him anymore after Marvin has joined the team.
    LAL could make sense but they have virtually no quality assets that they'll actually be willing to trade. Even if we try to 3 team it, the Lakers don't have the assets to make a deal worthwhile.

    The knicks are cellar dwellers. Unless they land like 2 other studs in FA, they arent going to be interested in building a team around an aging Bledsoe. Orlando isn't as bad as NYK, but they are no where near truly competing, so there's no benefit for them to getting a guy like Bledsoe if it requires giving something valuable. If we were just looking to dump him, there might be more takers, but if we are legit trying to trade him and get back real value that can help us win a ring soon, it's unlikely there's a good match.

  5. #3065
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    LAL could make sense but they have virtually no quality assets that they'll actually be willing to trade. Even if we try to 3 team it, the Lakers don't have the assets to make a deal worthwhile.

    The knicks are cellar dwellers. Unless they land like 2 other studs in FA, they arent going to be interested in building a team around an aging Bledsoe. Orlando isn't as bad as NYK, but they are no where near truly competing, so there's no benefit for them to getting a guy like Bledsoe if it requires giving something valuable. If we were just looking to dump him, there might be more takers, but if we are legit trying to trade him and get back real value that can help us win a ring soon, it's unlikely there's a good match.
    I was thinking that a Lakers-Nets-Bucks 3-team could perhaps have high chances to work. Ilyasova + Green to the Nets who would then waive Ily and stretch Green's contract over 3 seasons, Kostas + Dinwiddie + Kuzma to the Bucks and the Nets get the picks from both the Lakers and the Bucks and come up with two additional 1st round picks.

    Bledsoe to the Lakers of course.

  6. #3066
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    goofed, Green wouldn't work, but even the better for the Nets, Bradley would! They would then not stretch Bradley's contract, but have him on Spencer's role to come from the bench and back up Irving.

  7. #3067
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,129
    Bradley does have an option, but depending if that cap goes down, I can see him opting in for sure. Thats not a horrible offer as a whole, but I actually think the nets try to hold Dinwiddie. I know their cap situation could be ugly, but Durant isn't getting younger. I can see them risking a bad cap to try to compete sooner rather than later. So unless a guy like Dinwiddie brings in higher level players, I can't see them dealing him for mid to late firsts.

  8. #3068
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Bradley does have an option, but depending if that cap goes down, I can see him opting in for sure. Thats not a horrible offer as a whole, but I actually think the nets try to hold Dinwiddie. I know their cap situation could be ugly, but Durant isn't getting younger. I can see them risking a bad cap to try to compete sooner rather than later. So unless a guy like Dinwiddie brings in higher level players, I can't see them dealing him for mid to late firsts.
    The Nets financial situation is about the worst in the entire league (even worst than GSW and much worst than the horror situation the Sixers are into), they ale already hard-capped and that is already before Joe Harris contract renewal comes under consideration.

    As it is, they will have to move and dump the salary of two players out of Dinnwiddie, Harris, LeVert or Prince. IMO, they would want to keep Prince because he is ideal to come from the bench and give Durant breaths (that none of the other three can do) and then Harris and LeVert are both 3&D wings, therefore they need to keep at least one out of them. Therefore, the sensible conclusion is that they would prefer to move Dinwiddie for two reasons. One is that they will start Irving and therefore Spencer will have to come from the bench, second is that Dinnwidie's contract is expiring after the next season (he has a P.O. which he won't of course exercise given his performance), therefore It looks most possible to me that they will look for teams which have the right contracts for them to dump salary and they will move Dinnwiddie on a trade and Harris on a "sign and trade".

    Note that Dinnwidie having a P.O. for the 21-22 season, isn't an issue for the Bucks because they'll be entering the lux tax (due to Giannis renewal) that very season and will stay above the threshold for three continuous seasons looking to win three consecutive titles.

    What's most important, it's that if we will be able and add Dinwiddie, then the Bucks will have four clutch starters locked for a very long time on Dinwiddie, Divincenzo, Middleton and Giannis, therefore a much younger than the Lopez twins C will be the only missing piece so that the team will be able and contend for the title for as long as Giannis carrier lasts!

  9. #3069
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    The Nets financial situation is about the worst in the entire league (even worst than GSW and much worst than the horror situation the Sixers are into), they ale already hard-capped and that is already before Joe Harris contract renewal comes under consideration.

    As it is, they will have to move and dump the salary of two players out of Dinnwiddie, Harris, LeVert or Prince. IMO, they would want to keep Prince because he is ideal to come from the bench and give Durant breaths (that none of the other three can do) and then Harris and LeVert are both 3&D wings, therefore they need to keep at least one out of them. Therefore, the sensible conclusion is that they would prefer to move Dinwiddie for two reasons. One is that they will start Irving and therefore Spencer will have to come from the bench, second is that Dinnwidie's contract is expiring after the next season (he has a P.O. which he won't of course exercise given his performance), therefore It looks most possible to me that they will look for teams which have the right contracts for them to dump salary and they will move Dinnwiddie on a trade and Harris on a "sign and trade".

    Note that Dinnwidie having a P.O. for the 21-22 season, isn't an issue for the Bucks because they'll be entering the lux tax (due to Giannis renewal) that very season and will stay above the threshold for three continuous seasons looking to win three consecutive titles.

    What's most important, it's that if we will be able and add Dinwiddie, then the Bucks will have four clutch starters locked for a very long time on Dinwiddie, Divincenzo, Middleton and Giannis, therefore a much younger than the Lopez twins C will be the only missing piece so that the team will be able and contend for the title for as long as Giannis carrier lasts!
    If the Bucks don't go to the Finals, Giannis won't renew. Also what is a "clutch starter?" and how does DD qualify? I like him but don't see him being locked in. Bledsoe I agree isn't a perfect player going from previous posts but if he plays good in playoffs and Bucks go to the ship he will be back. He will also have a higher trade value. Hill is a great backup but DD is ideal replacement and young Hill basically.

  10. #3070
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    If the Bucks don't go to the Finals, Giannis won't renew.
    Giannis will renew with the Bucks for several reasons which are beneficial for his career, no matter how successful this season ends to be for the Bucks. It would take half a page for me to go on the details as to "why" and then, you probably you would still argue, therefore I won't bother to go into the details.

    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Also what is a "clutch starter?" and how does DD qualify? I like him but don't see him being locked in. Bledsoe I agree isn't a perfect player going from previous posts but if he plays good in playoffs and Bucks go to the ship he will be back. He will also have a higher trade value. Hill is a great backup but DD is ideal replacement and young Hill basically.
    Spencer Dinwiddie is a top-5 PG in the league, Hill is better than Bledsoe for the Bucks game style. Dinwiddie would be perfect, both age wise, as well as a great fit for the Bucks "system".

  11. #3071
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Giannis will renew with the Bucks for several reasons which are beneficial for his career, no matter how successful this season ends to be for the Bucks. It would take half a page for me to go on the details as to "why" and then, you probably you would still argue, therefore I won't bother to go into the details.



    Spencer Dinwiddie is a top-5 PG in the league, Hill is better than Bledsoe for the Bucks game style. Dinwiddie would be perfect, both age wise, as well as a great fit for the Bucks "system".
    OK Buckalis. I mean mouseslept...

    Spencer Dinwiddie is a really good player but top-5 PG in the league? No way. He would be really good with the Bucks though and I like Dinwiddie as a player.

  12. #3072
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,129
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    OK Buckalis. I mean mouseslept...

    Spencer Dinwiddie is a really good player but top-5 PG in the league? No way. He would be really good with the Bucks though and I like Dinwiddie as a player.
    I had the same thought. The first few posts were questionable whether it was him or not, but the last few have been no doubters. Instant responses, long form paragraphs and the dead giveaway was the general sweeping assumptions that are basically guaranteed to happen no matter what.

    And I actually really like Dinwiddie too. But top 5 pg is ridiculous. And honestly, he's not even a great fit. He's best when he's able to dominate the ball and isn't really a spot up shooter. That's what Bledsoe mostly is too, so no doubt Dinwiddie would work, but hes not such a great fit that our whole offseason plan should be to get him.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 07-14-2020 at 09:04 AM.

  13. #3073
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    It certainly worths mentioning

    Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic have parted with the Sacramento Kings.

    It simply means that Bogdan Bogdanovic on a S&T packed with Nemanja Bjelica and traded to the same destination is now sure to happen.

    It may be a huge opportunity for the Bucks to add the two Serbians and ensure contending for the title for the seasons which will follow.

    The Bucks certainly have the pieces which would interest the Kings, especially if it is a 3-team deal which would send Bledsoe to the 3rd team.

  14. #3074
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,930
    I think Bledsoe to NY Knicks might make sense, Bledsoe can give them something and we could get a rotational player and maybe a pick or a younger talent. Any chance we could trade Lopez for a more consistent big, Lopez is key as rim protector but we could find a similar player. Myles Turner would be a guy that could be nice young upgrade. Maybe a 3 team deal because Indy won't probably want Lopez.

  15. #3075
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,129
    I really like Brook, but I'm open to trading him. That being said, I don't think I'd trade him for another big. I think as the league gets smaller, the bucks might be better off going with giannis at C more often than not. So few teams can actuslly punish you if you don't have a true C. It's basically AD, Embiid and Jokic who can really make you pay. I'd keep a Ro-Lo type on the bench who can normally play 10-15 minutes a night and bump up a few minutes on those nights you play good bigs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •