Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 199 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199 LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 2973
    Shai has to much upside as a young player to be traded. I'd like to package those players but odds are we won't be able to get a player close to the ceiling of Shai.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not really. You could have proposed this in the offseason and I would have said the same thing. SGA was coming off a very good rookie year as a 20 year old on a playoff team. And athletically, he has the tools to be really good. He was better as a 20 year old rookie than what we have seen out of DDV, DJW and Brown, all of whom are 23 or 24 this year. Quite frankly, no matter if you proposed this today, a week ago or a month ago, SGA was always the best player of the group already, he has the highest upside and is the youngest. There really never should have been much debate on who the crown jewel was of those 4 players.
    All I meant by easier to say is that DDV is getting good minutes and producing at a high level.

Of Course Shai is better and has higher upside. You wouldn't offer 3 good players and a 1st round pick for a single player of equal talent. Your probably right, that isn't enough. And if we added the 2nd Indiana pick, still probably no go, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

I have some interest in a few other players as well, in varying degrees.

Luke Kennard - I'd probably offer Brown, DDV, Wilson and Indiana Pick or Picks here also.

Deandre Hunter - He hasn't played well yet, except against us the other night. Not sure how much I'd offer, need to see a little more of him.

Josh Hart - DJ Wilson and a pick. Think he is the perfect poor mans replacement for Brogdon.

I like the idea of Kennard or Hart. DDV and Wilson (or Brown) with a pick might get that done. With Middleton getting healthy I would look for someone that can matchup well as a defensive stopper. Although at this point it is still hard to tell if Philly, Boston,Toronto, or Indy (when Olidipo comes back) will be our biggest competition (I am still not sold on the Heat).

It appears that Deandre Hunter is probably out of our price range with the assets we have available. Saw another article that suggest we trade for Bogdan Bogdanovic from Sacramento, who could also be an option.

I'd start with Bogdan or Luke and offer 2 of Sterling, DDV, Wilson and a pick for either. It's important to send more players out than what comes back to open up a roster spot and playing time for others. (Bender & Tucker)
    I'd be willing to part with all 3 players and both Indiana picks to get an upgrade at SG under contract for at least 2020.

I believe Josh Hart would be easier to get as he only plays 12 mpg now and that's without Zion playing. I'd offer Sterling and DJ 1st, then throw in 1 pick if the 2 players aren't enough. New Orleans needs some defensive players and Sterling is the highest rated defensive player in the NBA based on points against per hundred possessions.

Checked on the Bogdan contract and he's making $8.53 Mil and is a FA next season. This wouldn't work without trading Ersan to help match salaries.

1) Alexander or Hunter for players and picks - likely not accepted

2) Luke Kennard

3) Josh Hart

Upon further review, I'm not willing to part with DDV unless we're Alexander or Hunter or a player of similar talent. DDV is an excellent ball handler and serves as the #3 PG as well as SG. He's shown in this recent stretch that he can average double figures in scoring, play great defense and is a good option as #5 in the starting lineup. That means we're offering DJ Wilson, Sterling Brown and 1 or both Pacer picks to get a Kennard or Hart. Conaughton could be added if needed as well.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 12-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.

After last nights game against the Clippers, I'm no longer interested in trading away anyone on this team. We have too many good players, which means if everyone is healthy, we have good players inactive on game night, but we don't need anything. We are the team to beat. That may change by June, but I like our chances.

I'd still consider trading a Sterling Brown or a DJ Wilson for draft picks, but otherwise we shouldn't mess with the chemistry on this team.

I agree, there isn't anyone that is going to upgrade our team much. Players that would would cost multiple rotation pieces which would defeat the purpose. I've heard Bogdan Bogdanovic mentioned and he could make sense but I don't think a 1st and a player would make sense because we likely wouldn't be able to pay Bogdan.

So how much does everyone like Jrue Holiday?

Bucks send Bledsoe, DDV, Wilson and the picks acquired from Indiana to New Orleans for Jrue Holiday. Holiday is an upgrade over Bledsoe, especially in the playoffs and becomes our No.2 ahead of Middleton. Pelicans get Bledsoe to replace Holiday, 2 young players with potential in DDV and Wilson and picks.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    So how much does everyone like Jrue Holiday?

Bucks send Bledsoe, DDV, Wilson and the picks acquired from Indiana to New Orleans for Jrue Holiday. Holiday is an upgrade over Bledsoe, especially in the playoffs and becomes our No.2 ahead of Middleton. Pelicans get Bledsoe to replace Holiday, 2 young players with potential in DDV and Wilson and picks.
    Holiday isn't much of a upgrade over Bledsoe. Also I have DDV as untouchable. Doubt Bucks make a huge splash at trade deadline. All I see is Bender contract becomes fully guaranteed January 10. $800K guaranteed becomes fully guaranteed at $1,678,854. Not sure if we waive him to clear a spot for a buyout guy. Not sure how close were to the tax for that stuff. But the only guys I would trade are Brown,Wilson,PatC,Bender and Pacers picks. Also hopefully the buyout market heats up so we do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal to get buyout guys as well by clearing roster spots.

Back to Holiday $26,231,111 $26,231,111 $27,120,000.
    Bledsoe $15,625,000 $16,875,000 $18,125,000 $19,375,000.

Your trade above needs like $10M added besides Bledsoe. Way the Bucks bench is for little bit of contracts to trade hard to trade for anyone at $10M unless your trading like 5 bench guys. Also by the way I have Ersan,Hill,Rolo off the trade table as well. Not much left to play with for trades then. Also doubt we trade Wes,Korver or Thanasis.

Also I said I wouldn't part with DDV. So back to square one of only Brown which fell off and is RFA this summer. Doubt we bring him back. Wilson is back to rookie wall of nothing. Bender DNP-CD guy we barely use. PatC is up and down all year. When no high flying put back dunks and no 3's PATC is lame.

On twitter mentioned Bucks have interests in Redick or Roco. But both be hard to trade for since ROCO $11.3M would need 5 guys traded for him. Redick is $13.4M. Bit hard to trade for him unless trading a key bench piece and lose depth in the process.

Other Bucks fans been suggestion to trade for Kings Bogdan Bogdanovic since season started. But $8,529,386 and RFA this summer. Be a bit hard to pay him and extend Giannis. Be back to the Brogdon situation to letting a player walk as in Brogdon.

Bogdan be a rental unless we win it all and owners ready to eat the luxury tax. Which I doubt. Our owners seem kinda cheap. If we go over the tax in the beginning of season. Most likely trying the phone lines try to get out before trade deadlines. Bertans be a cheaper trade target I would look for at $7M. Brown and Wilson for Bertans works. Not sure if we have to add some picks or what from the Pacers pile of picks or not.

My smallest trade would be something like Brown for Kostas. Just trying to keep Giannis happy. I really wanted to pry away Graham from the Hornets. But doubt all the Pacers picks and a pile of junk as in any of Brown, Wilson,PatC,Bender gets it done at all since Graham only makes $1.4M. Hopefully Horst surprises us with something good February 6 trade deadline.

But being top dog. Doubt we make a big splash cause that would rock the boat. So probably any player under $7M is about what we chase. But I can see us using Pacers picks and any of Wilson,Brown,Bender and maybe PatC. Doubt we trade Korver,Wes,Thanasis.

Even tinkering with ESPN trade machine of Redick for Brown,Wilson,Bender,PatC and picks doesn't work. Deciding on that 5th player bit hard. I cant picture us parting with DDV. But who knows. We signed ring chasers as in Korver and Wes. Doubt they get moved. Brown,Wilson,Bender,PatC,pick(s)? for Bogdan Bogdanovic does work in trade machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Holiday isn't much of a upgrade over Bledsoe. Also I have DDV as untouchable. Doubt Bucks make a huge splash at trade deadline. All I see is Bender contract becomes fully guaranteed January 10. $800K guaranteed becomes fully guaranteed at $1,678,854. Not sure if we waive him to clear a spot for a buyout guy. Not sure how close were to the tax for that stuff. But the only guys I would trade are Brown,Wilson,PatC,Bender and Pacers picks. Also hopefully the buyout market heats up so we do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal to get buyout guys as well by clearing roster spots.

Can't believe you don't think Holiday is much of an upgrade from Bledsoe. He score 20 PPG instead of 15. Defensively they're even, but Holiday last playoffs against the Blazers in 2017 he averaged 26 on 57% shooting against Dame & CJ.

Back to Holiday $26,231,111 $26,231,111 $27,120,000.
    Bledsoe $15,625,000 $16,875,000 $18,125,000 $19,375,000.

(Wilson and DDV were $5.9 Mil combined if we added Sterling it works.)

Your trade above needs like $10M added besides Bledsoe. Way the Bucks bench is for little bit of contracts to trade hard to trade for anyone at $10M unless your trading like 5 bench guys. Also by the way I have Ersan,Hill,Rolo off the trade table as well. Not much left to play with for trades then. Also doubt we trade Wes,Korver or Thanasis.

Also I said I wouldn't part with DDV. So back to square one of only Brown which fell off and is RFA this summer. Doubt we bring him back. Wilson is back to rookie wall of nothing. Bender DNP-CD guy we barely use. PatC is up and down all year. When no high flying put back dunks and no 3's PATC is lame.

To be honest, I like Bender, way better than DDV and hope we don't play Bender till around the trade deadline. I think he is our secret weapon to pull out late in the season to push us over the top. I wouldn't be shocked if he is our 2nd best player at some point this season!

On twitter mentioned Bucks have interests in Redick or Roco. But both be hard to trade for since ROCO $11.3M would need 5 guys traded for him. Redick is $13.4M. Bit hard to trade for him unless trading a key bench piece and lose depth in the process.

Other Bucks fans been suggestion to trade for Kings Bogdan Bogdanovic since season started. But $8,529,386 and RFA this summer. Be a bit hard to pay him and extend Giannis. Be back to the Brogdon situation to letting a player walk as in Brogdon.

Bogdan be a rental unless we win it all and owners ready to eat the luxury tax. Which I doubt. Our owners seem kinda cheap. If we go over the tax in the beginning of season. Most likely trying the phone lines try to get out before trade deadlines. Bertans be a cheaper trade target I would look for at $7M. Brown and Wilson for Bertans works. Not sure if we have to add some picks or what from the Pacers pile of picks or not.

My smallest trade would be something like Brown for Kostas. Just trying to keep Giannis happy. I really wanted to pry away Graham from the Hornets. But doubt all the Pacers picks and a pile of junk as in any of Brown, Wilson,PatC,Bender gets it done at all since Graham only makes $1.4M. Hopefully Horst surprises us with something good February 6 trade deadline.

But being top dog. Doubt we make a big splash cause that would rock the boat. So probably any player under $7M is about what we chase. But I can see us using Pacers picks and any of Wilson,Brown,Bender and maybe PatC. Doubt we trade Korver,Wes,Thanasis.

Even tinkering with ESPN trade machine of Redick for Brown,Wilson,Bender,PatC and picks doesn't work. Deciding on that 5th player bit hard. I cant picture us parting with DDV. But who knows. We signed ring chasers as in Korver and Wes. Doubt they get moved. Brown,Wilson,Bender,PatC,pick(s)? for Bogdan Bogdanovic does work in trade machine.
    I'd be all for trading for Holiday. Yes, Id prefer it was Bledsoe, Brown, Wilson and picks, but DDV's contract gets us closer. Our closing Lineup in the playoffs of Hill, Holiday, Middleton, Giannis and Bender would win the title for us this year. See earlier comments in paragraph 2 thru 4.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 01-07-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I'd be all for trading for Holiday. Yes, Id prefer it was Bledsoe, Brown, Wilson and picks, but DDV's contract gets us closer. Our closing Lineup in the playoffs of Hill, Holiday, Middleton, Giannis and Bender would win the title for us this year. See earlier comments in paragraph 2 thru 4.
    I don't get the hard-on for Bender. I mean nice player but closing in the playoffs lol.

Also, I like Holiday as a player but that's a lot of money. I am not the biggest Bled fan but not sure he is worth giving up 4 guys and a pick for? I would love the Bucks to get an athletic backup big. Bucks backup bigs of Ersan, RoLo aren't athletic enough and get exposed at times. Why they play them with Korver is odd too. That's 3 slower guys. Not sure the dislike for Sterling either. He gets buried whether he plays good or bad. He'd be a guy I'd expect to move for an athletic big like C. Wood who Bucks had but Wood probably has coming out party with Blake out for year in DET

Any chance we could get Lamarcus Aldridge. Lopez is only shooting 40% and 30% from 3, Aldridge has started blocking shots better so I could see him being a nice upgrade. Would Lopez, Ersan, DDV and the indy 1st get Aldridge and a throw in player.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I don't get the hard-on for Bender. I mean nice player but closing in the playoffs lol.

Also, I like Holiday as a player but that's a lot of money. I am not the biggest Bled fan but not sure he is worth giving up 4 guys and a pick for? I would love the Bucks to get an athletic backup big. Bucks backup bigs of Ersan, RoLo aren't athletic enough and get exposed at times. Why they play them with Korver is odd too. That's 3 slower guys. Not sure the dislike for Sterling either. He gets buried whether he plays good or bad. He'd be a guy I'd expect to move for an athletic big like C. Wood who Bucks had but Wood probably has coming out party with Blake out for year in DET
    I've never understood the bender love too. He's a good gamble and needed a change of scenery, but he just isn't a good basketball player. We aren't hiding him or anything. He just isn't very good. He's young and could continue to develop into a rotational big, but hes not a playoff closer. He's not even a rotational playoff guy at this point either.

But I also feel the same way about wood. Dominated the g league, but the fact hes been cut by like 3 or 4 teams is probably a better representation of how he's seen around the league. Not saying guys like that cant fly under the radar and be good, but it's pretty unlikely.

I've never understood the bender love too. He's a good gamble and needed a change of scenery, but he just isn't a good basketball player. We aren't hiding him or anything. He just isn't very good. He's young and could continue to develop into a rotational big, but hes not a playoff closer. He's not even a rotational playoff guy at this point either.

But I also feel the same way about wood. Dominated the g league, but the fact hes been cut by like 3 or 4 teams is probably a better representation of how he's seen around the league. Not saying guys like that cant fly under the radar and be good, but it's pretty unlikely.
    Christian Wood hits 3s at rate he is this year and he's balling. Top-10 in NBA in PER. Don't understand him not getting more minutes with Griffin out.

What has Sterling Brown done to not get PT barely ever...Connaughton and DD haven't been that great either particularly shooting the ball.

Limited minute PER can always be dangerous. John Henson used to rank very highly in PER as well. And I usually try to look at free throw % and 3pt % together. It's not often that guys shoot well from 3 consistently and shoot poorly from the line. So given his FT%, it's fairly likely his 3pt % regresses at least a bit. Since the beginning of December, he's shooting 30% from 3 for what it's worth.

And I'm not going to pretend to be the full expert and nba teams get things wrong. But hes been released by 4 teams and even with injuries, his 5th team seems reluctant to give him big minutes. I guess that alone always gives me pause, especially when it's been that many teams. 1 or 2 teams misused r misjudged him? Sure, question it more. But what are the odds 5 teams have had him in their building and thought he wasn't that deserving of minutes but he's actually good? Pretty slim in my mind.

Limited minute PER can always be dangerous. John Henson used to rank very highly in PER as well. And I usually try to look at free throw % and 3pt % together. It's not often that guys shoot well from 3 consistently and shoot poorly from the line. So given his FT%, it's fairly likely his 3pt % regresses at least a bit. Since the beginning of December, he's shooting 30% from 3 for what it's worth.

And I'm not going to pretend to be the full expert and nba teams get things wrong. But hes been released by 4 teams and even with injuries, his 5th team seems reluctant to give him big minutes. I guess that alone always gives me pause, especially when it's been that many teams. 1 or 2 teams misused r misjudged him? Sure, question it more. But what are the odds 5 teams have had him in their building and thought he wasn't that deserving of minutes but he's actually good? Pretty slim in my mind.
    I agree for the most part, but I just think with the Bucks he would only be a 14-minute guy and seems like his role and the Bucks could use an athletic big to back up Giannis. When Bud goes Korver, Rolo, Ersan 3-5...I don't understand it lol. Need some athleticism. With Giannis out there yeah Korver makes sense, but with guys that aren't getting doubled or demanding attention KK isn't getting looks. Get some athleticism out there defensively who is better than DJ Wilson. Wood's per 36 numbers are tremendous. I agree he isn't a 40 percent 3-point shooter and there are better guys probably the Bucks could trade for. But a guy like Sterling Brown could probably get C. Wood and SB isn't getting run anyway and is like 5th or 6th on SG depth chart.