Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 253 of 263 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 3941
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Bucks send Kris Middleton, Jrue Holiday and pick 31 for Damion Lillard, Robert Covington and Norman Powell. Starters - Dame, Powell, Covington, Giannis and Lopez
    Bench - Donte, Pat C, Portis or MLE player...
    No way the Blazers give up that much for that return. Middleton and Jrue are nice players but Dame is a superstar. Let's hope we won't have to worry about the offseason for a few more weeks. Would be awesome to make the Finals and see GA come out in G3 at home of NBA Finals to play. Would be cool moment. But without Giannis in big moments....not holding my breath. G5 going to tell a lot about this team. At home should come out as intense as the Hawks were in G4

Shams on twitter said Giannis is out for game 5.

Hopefully the Bucks can take this G5 performance on the road. Holiday was sensational, Lopez was very good at both ends of the court. Middleton and Portis...if they get 3 of those performances again, I think Bucks canwin. Just bring it from the jump.

Yeaz we could really use one of those crazy shooting nights from like Forbes or Pat as well where one of them hits like 5 or 6 3s. That would be a nice addition.

I'm anticipating a loss in game 6. Hard to win on the road in the playoffs, especially without your star. The Hawks have been super scrappy all playoffs and they always seem to bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yeaz we could really use one of those crazy shooting nights from like Forbes or Pat as well where one of them hits like 5 or 6 3s. That would be a nice addition.

I'm anticipating a loss in game 6. Hard to win on the road in the playoffs, especially without your star. The Hawks have been super scrappy all playoffs and they always seem to bounce back.
    GOING TO THE FINALS!!! Middleton was great in 3Q. Holiday...well he was worth that trade certainly just for what he did these last two games. No way Bled ever had the ability to just dominate the game like that. Low-key Connaughton has made some pivotal shots in the playoffs. Happy for the Bud and the Bucks.

Man, Horst deserves a damn statue if the Bucks win it all. Every move he has made has turned out well even when I wasn't sure on some of them. Portis move I loved and he was huge in G6, wasn't sure PJ had anything left - he was huge vs. BKN; Mentioned PC above - didn't think he was worth MLE; Jeff Teague hit some shots when Bucks couldn't hit anything in G6 last night in 1H; and obviously Holiday.

4 more.

Looking at the Bucks/Suns match up. Beyond CP3 and Crowder the Suns are very young and or inexperienced really. Bucks are almost all vets or in their primes now. Also Giannis was on track to possibly play game 7 versus the Hawks if it came to it. Long as Bud gets away from his stubborn ways and stop the stupid Lopez drop coverage and what not we should be all good if all stay healthy. Also Bucks are long over due for a 3 point barrage.

Crazy thing is Jae crowder played 6 finals games last year for Miami and that's the only finals experience im the entire finals between the two teams.

And alot of guys stepped up. Pat got a ton of crap on here but he made a ton of hustle plays. Had some huge tip outs on the offensive glass and made some big shots. Portis stepped up huge with giannis out. Lopez had a vintage game to basically win gmse 6. Khris had a couple monster stretches where he carried the team. Jrue was consistently good and really attacked the hoop without giannis.

I hope giannis is able to return. But if he's not 100% and has to be on a minutes restriction, I think alot of the guys gained some confidence and we have some legit options on how to play when giannis sits.

Even with giannis, I wish we'd use Lopez more inside. It's exhausting for those bugs to bang with him down low, and maybe that leads to them being a half step late on a help or a little sloppy on a screen.

Even with giannis, I think they can run some plays where Lopez sets a few screens in the paint then turns and pins his guy down. If giannis is going to ball screen for Jrue with a shooter in the corner and Lopez screening Middleton, I think you can have an offshoot where giannis fades on the screen, Midds shoots the opposite way and Lopez turns to pin his guy under the hoop. Those are easy buckets and gives the defense something else to think about. It's even easier when giannis is out and we have a bunch of shooters, but it wouldn't be hard to pull off with giannis, since lopez isn't a guy you're super worried about at that point. It's something I thought the LeBron, Wade and bosh Heat never did enough of. Give guys like LeBron and Wade a possession off by getting bosh a post touch. We can do that with Lopez, and depending on how he's playing, we can decide to do it more or less.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 07-04-2021 at 12:55 PM.

And alot of guys stepped up. Pat got a ton of crap on here but he made a ton of hustle plays. Had some huge tip outs on the offensive glass and made some big shots. Portis stepped up huge with giannis out. Lopez had a vintage game to basically win gmse 6. Khris had a couple monster stretches where he carried the team. Jrue was consistently good and really attacked the hoop without giannis.

I hope giannis is able to return. But if he's not 100% and has to be on a minutes restriction, I think alot of the guys gained some confidence and we have some legit options on how to play when giannis sits.

Even with giannis, I wish we'd use Lopez more inside. It's exhausting for those bugs to bang with him down low, and maybe that leads to them being a half step late on a help or a little sloppy on a screen.

Even with giannis, I think they can run some plays where Lopez sets a few screens in the paint then turns and pins his guy down. If giannis is going to ball screen for Jrue with a shooter in the corner and Lopez screening Middleton, I think you can have an offshoot where giannis fades on the screen, Midds shoots the opposite way and Lopez turns to pin his guy under the hoop. Those are easy buckets and gives the defense something else to think about. It's even easier when giannis is out and we have a bunch of shooters, but it wouldn't be hard to pull off with giannis, since lopez isn't a guy you're super worried about at that point. It's something I thought the LeBron, Wade and bosh Heat never did enough of. Give guys like LeBron and Wade a possession off by getting bosh a post touch. We can do that with Lopez, and depending on how he's playing, we can decide to do it more or less.
    Torrey Craig getting a ring either way lol.

I agree but think it can be done with Giannis screen and roll and if pass to Giannis,Lopez in dunker spot for alley oop or have him do a simple skull cut from the elbow extended on their drives of Jrue and Midd. I mean wasn't like Lopez posted up a ton he got easy dunks from Jrue penetration.

I don't mind the matchup defensively for the Bucks. Giannis can guard Crowder and Lopez can guard Ayton. The Suns go small a ton too. I think the Bucks should punish them with Portis or postups by guards on Payne or Portis on Saric.

I for one am so excited to see a new blood Finals and this was the finals I was hoping for the entire time. Wanted CP3 to get shot at Finals and Bucks because well love the Bucks. Crazy no one on either team has won a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Looking at the Bucks/Suns match up. Beyond CP3 and Crowder the Suns are very young and or inexperienced really. Bucks are almost all vets or in their primes now. Also Giannis was on track to possibly play game 7 versus the Hawks if it came to it. Long as Bud gets away from his stubborn ways and stop the stupid Lopez drop coverage and what not we should be all good if all stay healthy. Also Bucks are long over due for a 3 point barrage.
    Why would you think Bud is going to give up the drop coverage with Lopez? He's mostly gotten away with it the last 2 series against Nets and Hawks, when it didn't seem like a good idea. Bud is gonna live and die with the drop coverage. It'll be tougher to take Lopez out of the game when Aytons in, because we'll need Lopez's size.

Finally the long wait is over. The Bucks have their shot at the title. It would be nice if Giannis plays and drops another 30/10 game in game 1. That would answer the question on what we can expect for Giannis this series with the injury. So CP3 is a huge MVP favorite, but if we commit Holiday to cover CP3, I don't think he'd have any chance to win the MVP. I'm thinking Booker may be more of the threat though, so Holiday probably gets Booker a lot of the time.

GO BUCKS!

Bud needs to continue to play Bobby Portis. He continues to play with energy and energize the Bucks and the crowd. The bench are pretty thin right now (so are the Suns) but man can't really play Forbes right now as when he doesn't hit shots he really hurts you because he stinks defensively. Connaughton has been tremendous. Basically with DD injury it has to be PC and BP off the bench and Teague when you can steal some minutes.

Yea, give Forbes a bit of burn to test him and see if he shot, but if he isn't, he's trash. Everyone has injuries, so it's no excuse, but having DD who is at worst at least another playable guard would have been huge. Teague has hit a few jumpers, but some of his decision making has been pretty bad. No idea how a guy can be a borderline all star at one point in his career to looking lost at times. I get if your athleticism fails and you can't do some of the things you used to do, but he does some dumb things too at times.

I know it's early and all, but Bobby Portis exercising his player option next year could be huge. If he doesn't, we'll be forced to use some or all of the exception on him to bring him back. If he accepts the option, we'll have the full exception to use and then have his bird rights in the future.

It all depends on our owners willingness to pay the tax, but if Portis opts in, we basically could run it back with the same core at least, depending on what Tucker wants to do and what happens with forbes, and still have that 2nd rounder and the full tax payers exemption to hopefully upgrade at bench guard.

I know it's early and all, but Bobby Portis exercising his player option next year could be huge. If he doesn't, we'll be forced to use some or all of the exception on him to bring him back. If he accepts the option, we'll have the full exception to use and then have his bird rights in the future.
    don
    It all depends on our owners willingness to pay the tax, but if Portis opts in, we basically could run it back with the same core at least, depending on what Tucker wants to do and what happens with forbes, and still have that 2nd rounder and the full tax payers exemption to hopefully upgrade at bench guard.
    Hopefully this Bucks team can continue to pound the paint. The squad I feel like needs to continue to fell court press Paul, Booker. Even token pressure. The Suns have no depth after Ayton,try to force him to pick and choose when to foul and when to just let GA dunk or be in foul trouble. Bucks need to continue to have GA be the screener most possessions, when he gets the ball going down hill it's almost impossible, also will help continue to have Jrue be aggressive.

I wonder what Bucks will do in offseason, but hopefully take care of biz first. I wonder if Bucks can get a decent amount for Brook/DD I think they make a deal. Brook athleticism is going. A young big would be nice. If defense isn't a big thing, I would rather just go with Nwora and let Forbes go unless he is back for cheap the minimum basically. Nwora I think could be good. 6-8 with length let him get better defensively because he is a knockdown shooter who can do a little bit already off the bounce.

I love Portis and wanted him drafted when he came out. I honestly would like to take a shot on Oladipo too. He is close to the Antentokounmpos and would probably take a little less because with his injury this past year is going to be super cheap.

Tucker I wouldn't mind letting go. I mean he is nice in playoffs but feel like this could be last hurrah.