Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198
Results 2,956 to 2,960 of 2960
    Shai has to much upside as a young player to be traded. I'd like to package those players but odds are we won't be able to get a player close to the ceiling of Shai.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not really. You could have proposed this in the offseason and I would have said the same thing. SGA was coming off a very good rookie year as a 20 year old on a playoff team. And athletically, he has the tools to be really good. He was better as a 20 year old rookie than what we have seen out of DDV, DJW and Brown, all of whom are 23 or 24 this year. Quite frankly, no matter if you proposed this today, a week ago or a month ago, SGA was always the best player of the group already, he has the highest upside and is the youngest. There really never should have been much debate on who the crown jewel was of those 4 players.
    All I meant by easier to say is that DDV is getting good minutes and producing at a high level.

Of Course Shai is better and has higher upside. You wouldn't offer 3 good players and a 1st round pick for a single player of equal talent. Your probably right, that isn't enough. And if we added the 2nd Indiana pick, still probably no go, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

I have some interest in a few other players as well, in varying degrees.

Luke Kennard - I'd probably offer Brown, DDV, Wilson and Indiana Pick or Picks here also.

Deandre Hunter - He hasn't played well yet, except against us the other night. Not sure how much I'd offer, need to see a little more of him.

Josh Hart - DJ Wilson and a pick. Think he is the perfect poor mans replacement for Brogdon.

I like the idea of Kennard or Hart. DDV and Wilson (or Brown) with a pick might get that done. With Middleton getting healthy I would look for someone that can matchup well as a defensive stopper. Although at this point it is still hard to tell if Philly, Boston,Toronto, or Indy (when Olidipo comes back) will be our biggest competition (I am still not sold on the Heat).

It appears that Deandre Hunter is probably out of our price range with the assets we have available. Saw another article that suggest we trade for Bogdan Bogdanovic from Sacramento, who could also be an option.

I'd start with Bogdan or Luke and offer 2 of Sterling, DDV, Wilson and a pick for either. It's important to send more players out than what comes back to open up a roster spot and playing time for others. (Bender & Tucker)
    I'd be willing to part with all 3 players and both Indiana picks to get an upgrade at SG under contract for at least 2020.

I believe Josh Hart would be easier to get as he only plays 12 mpg now and that's without Zion playing. I'd offer Sterling and DJ 1st, then throw in 1 pick if the 2 players aren't enough. New Orleans needs some defensive players and Sterling is the highest rated defensive player in the NBA based on points against per hundred possessions.

Checked on the Bogdan contract and he's making $8.53 Mil and is a FA next season. This wouldn't work without trading Ersan to help match salaries.

1) Alexander or Hunter for players and picks - likely not accepted

2) Luke Kennard

3) Josh Hart

Upon further review, I'm not willing to part with DDV unless we're Alexander or Hunter or a player of similar talent. DDV is an excellent ball handler and serves as the #3 PG as well as SG. He's shown in this recent stretch that he can average double figures in scoring, play great defense and is a good option as #5 in the starting lineup. That means we're offering DJ Wilson, Sterling Brown and 1 or both Pacer picks to get a Kennard or Hart. Conaughton could be added if needed as well.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 12-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.

After last nights game against the Clippers, I'm no longer interested in trading away anyone on this team. We have too many good players, which means if everyone is healthy, we have good players inactive on game night, but we don't need anything. We are the team to beat. That may change by June, but I like our chances.

I'd still consider trading a Sterling Brown or a DJ Wilson for draft picks, but otherwise we shouldn't mess with the chemistry on this team.