Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 294 of 296 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4431
    [QUOTE=BUCK WILD!!;34390215]
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    The Ultimate Plan

1) Draft option 1 - Look to trade up from pick 24 by including a future unprotected 1st rounder to move up to get Johnny Davis, if Davis falls to the late lottery. Davis is an immediate starter at the SG position and has a floor of a Kelly Oubre Jr and a ceiling of D Wade. If we could get Davis, we can afford to watch Middleton get old and let his contract eventually expire. This is an all in move that makes us the favorite for the for seeable future, so any way to make this happen without trading the big 3 should be on the table.

2) If Davis goes too early or no one will accept what we have to offer. Our target at 24 or slightly before should be EJ Lidell. He has everything we could ask for in a small ball PF and would be on a rookie scale deal for years to come. It would be great if he falls to us at 24, but I wouldn't rule out trading up a few spots if we have anything to offer.

3) If we can't draft Davis or Lidell, we should offer Pick 24 and George Hill to Charlotte for PJ Washington. Charlotte may be willing to move on from Washington as he only has 1 year remaining on his rookie deal and isn't a priority on their roster. Any one else that we draft at 24 isn't likely to crack our playoff rotation, so although the youth and contract would be welcome, I wouldn't expect a lot of impact come playoff time.

4) MLE - There are many great options that are possible with our MLE and based on what we do with it and our draft pick, determines who we should look to trade. We could offer our MLE to Mo Bamba, which immediately would make Brook Lopez a trade option, if we were to acquire Bamba. If we don't draft Lidell, the small ball PF position could be addressed here with many great options. T Prince, Nic Batum, Jeff Green, TJ Warren to name a few. There are also many great wing options like Oladipo, Bruce Brown, Gary Harris, Mailk Monk and PG options like Ricky Rubio, D Schroder, G Payton.

5) Grayson Allen can't be traded on draft night because of the extension, but he can be traded later. The best option would be to hold him and start him till the trade deadline, so that he's averaging double figures and shooting 40% from 3 to maximize his trade value. His trade value was at an all time high after the Bulls series, but dropped significantly after the Celtics series. By playing him and making him a quality contributor again, the Celtic series will be forgotten and we can acquire a playoff rotation player for him.[/QUOTE

U know Hack, u definitely have good vision! I always be looking at mock drafts and I always be looking at Davis and wishing there is a way to get him. I actually think he would be the most impactful pick for us. He's the player that has that it factor. Kinda remind me when I was telling everyone that Donovan Mitchell got that it factor. However I realize it is another year for a guy like Davis want be there and it is starting to feel the same for my 2nd favorite in EJ Lidell.
    According to some on Twitter the Bucks can trade Allen but not be official until July basically. I guess the Jmyceal Green trade is same situation. He can be traded before then itd just be poison pill, and the teams could agree to the deal and execute it later

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    All coming from the same guy but I've seen that pop up a few times now on Twitter too.

For the life of my, I have no idea who they are thinking falls to 14 that they like enough to move up for. The buzz is that Cleveland is looking for a future first to go with it and since we don't have a lot of future firsts to trade, we have to assume we love someone who is projected to go around 14.

From all the mocks I've read, I think it's really safe to assume Smith, Chet, Paolo, Ivey, Daniels, Sharpe and Mathurin are all gone. They may not exactly be the first 7 off the board, but according to most mocks, seems unlikely any of those fall to 14. Murray, Davis and Sochan all seem to go prior to 14 in most mocks too, but I think there's a tiny chance one could fall, but still unlikely. Griffin and Duren both are usually off the board by 14 as well, but both often go 10-13 so there's a chance.

So maybe it's the bucks kicking the tires in case one of thsie guys falls. Duren is really interesting in that case. But beyond that, the next group of guys seems to be Agbaji, Mark Williams, Branham, dieng, Eason, TyTy Washington, and some others. Seems the bucks must love someone from that group (perhaps Branham or Eason are intriguing), but I really don't have a great guess at who it is.
    What's that first round pick down the road we can trade? 2029? Or is it 2027?

PatC picked up his player option. So he's with the Bucks yet. I thought for sure he would test free agency.

WOw Pat C accepts player option for this year. Dude loves MKE and thought it was possible the way he talked although thought he would give discount on multi-year deal. So Pat opts in at 5.7 mill soonly thing it really does is helps with lower tax number potentially. Also allows full TPMLE option for FAs. Now Portis should sign and that is two huge pieces returning to MKE....

My guess we always break up the MLE which in this case the tax repeater. This time around could be different. Bobby signs after all said and done. TAX MLE to a Warren or if we get a cheap discount sure. Bucks probably not even looking at Warren though.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Yea it's getting closer closer, we'll know where 24 goes tomorrow.
    I'm fine with trading it, if we get a playoff rotation caliber player for it. If we sit tight at 24, I'm hoping for Jalen Williams or Lidell to fall to us, but if no one falls, I'd be ok with LaRavia from Wake Forrest, who should be available.

I'm fine with trading it, if we get a playoff rotation caliber player for it. If we sit tight at 24, I'm hoping for Jalen Williams or Lidell to fall to us, but if no one falls, I'd be ok with LaRavia from Wake Forrest, who should be available.
    I agree for most part. I like Williams or Lidell but I think Moore is exactly the kind of player for the Bucks right now too if Williams is gone. Moore is ready to play right now, is 6-5 with a 7-1 wingspan who is switchable, shot over 40 percent from 3 and can handle and create for others a bit, averaging over 4.4 apg for Duke last year. He played three years at Duke and is only 20 right now but can come in and play right away.

I don't know much about the G-League wings Beauchamp or Hardy really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes_Craven View Post
    Don't know much about Davis but if he is really that good then you make the move for him.

Bucks already have small ball lineup options if you're expecting Bobby back..we have to realize - missing Middleton for the Boston series limited our chances at going small. It's also the reason we stayed with Brook so much/played Bobby so little..Bucks had to work with the only clear advantage they had which was their size. I truly believe this year was to be the opposite of last years 2nd round with Bobby playing more this time with Brook being limited/unplayable - imagine the lineup of Jrue - Pat - Middleton - Giannis - Portis taking most of minutes against the Celtics.

Even if the Bucks can't get the player they're targeting you have to keep the pick and take the best player available IMO. This will be the Bucks last clear opportunity at adding youth to the team until 2028..all the rest of your picks will be tied up until then and the problem for trading it for a player like Washington particularly is he's due to be paid.

Depending who's on the roster (meaning if Bobby/Pat stay) I'd prioritize a backup PG with the ability to close at times if called for - a big can be had for the minimum or brought back in a trade possibly.

All along I believed Allen was to be traded this offseason - I think he was only a stop gap because we were missing Donte and were unsure how we'd move forward with him..but I think he was always to be moved regardless.
    I wouldn't mind if we trade the 24th for Washington. At least he would be another plus option with ability to knock down the 3 and allow us to play small and fast.

It would be nice to do a Allen for Morris swap. Morris can solve our backup pg problem along with playing next to Holiday.

As for Donte, he stayed hurt alot and struggled to not down shots. Therefore Horst couldn't commit to a long term for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we trade the 24th for Washington. At least he would be another plus option with ability to knock down the 3 and allow us to play small and fast.

It would be nice to do a Allen for Morris swap. Morris can solve our backup pg problem along with playing next to Holiday.

As for Donte, he stayed hurt alot and struggled to not down shots. Therefore Horst couldn't commit to a long term for him.
    Well yeah. I mean you have to look at it from the other side too. Not sure either would do that. If the Bucks can ship Hill/24 for Washington they should. Not sure Denver would move Morris for Allen. Morris is arguably a top-3 backup PG in the NBA.

Bobby is not part of a small ball lineup, because he can't hold up defensively with the switching. I don't think he was any more playable than Brook was against the Celtics. You could argue that Middleton could be our small ball PF, but we already don't have enough Guards and Wings, so playing him at the 4 doesn't gain us that much. I do agree we need another PG, but our closing lineup against a team like the Celtics, needs to be Giannis at Center, Kash at SF, Pat and Jrue at Guards and were missing the PF. Bobby and Brook, still have their place against other teams with bigs, but we need to be able to win small ball matchups as well.
    Horst did mention about that team needs to be able to play top defense in small ball as well as our regular lineup. So I'm assuming he would at least aquire a sf/pf, pf/sf or a switching center

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Davis does not have wade upside. He's not the athlete or distributor that wade was. With that, hell likely struggle to get to and finish at the rim like wade did.

If anything, Davis is more of an early career Beal. Beal has grown into more of a distributor as he's aged, and maybe Davis can too, but that's a much closer upside comp for Davis. And that's still an upside comp for sure.

There's definitely some risk for Davis too. I like him, but he's not an elite level athlete. He has good size and should be a solid defender, but not sure he will ever be elite. And he may struggle to get to the rim and he wasn't an elite shooter. He wasn't a bad shooter and can hit some mid range stuff too, but he shot like 31% from college 3 last year. If he doesn't become a 36%+ type shooter, he may not be super valuable.
    YEAH it did shock me how low was his 3pt%. However I still think he would be a stud.

I've seen laravia tied to the bucks a few times. Pretty sure at the very least we've brought him in for a workout, but he's a somewhat common guy to get mocked to us.

Good to see PATC back. Some reason I was thinking the NBA draft was last night. Any predictions? We keep the pick or trade it for win now vet? Or move up or down for different pick/s?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Good to see PATC back. Some reason I was thinking the NBA draft was last night. Any predictions? We keep the pick or trade it for win now vet? Or move up or down for different pick/s?
    It wasn't a big surprise to see PatC back. I knew he wasn't going anywhere. He has too much behind the scene developing with the Bucks.

Well guys for our 24th pick is MarJon Beauchamp. I like the pick. He gives us something we lack and that's athletism. He gives me them Kuminga vibes. And if he works on his offense I can see a ceiling of Jaylen Brown. What do you guys think?