Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 183 of 190 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2849
    Best to just run it back. WOJ mentioned Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers. If he does bolt. Raptors wont be a threat. Then seems Irving leaning towards Nets. I cant picture Ainge giving up Tatum and Brown and what not for a possible rental in AD with no Irving. Unless he trades for AD to change Irving's mind to stay? Even though AD's Dad said he hopes his son isn't traded to Boston. Also 76ers have free agents in Butler,Harris and I believe Redick is as well.

The east could be looking a lot different next season. Also with Durant and Klay injured more second tier guys like Middleton will be chased after now. Also even if Warriors give the 5 year max to both Durant and Klay. They still out yet for the next season. So its more less a throw away season for Curry and Green. Unless they trade Green for depth?

So next year finals could be Rockets or Nuggets for the west? Maybe even Blazers. Thunder could retool as well. I think they need to unload Adams. Would suck if a team like Mavs swoop in and get Middleton from us. Then we don't have much to do then other then match Brogdon and get Lopez and Hill back. Not sure if we have enough for Mirotic yet if Middleton bolts. Then draft best ready 3 or 4 year college kid.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    They're not trading Bledsoe. Just signed him, they wouldn't have done that just to trade him away.
    I believe that was a mid season extension and at the time seemed like a decent move, but after the playoff debacles in rounds 2 and 3, we'd be foolish to not consider an upgrade if one were available.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Best to just run it back. WOJ mentioned Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers. If he does bolt. Raptors wont be a threat. Then seems Irving leaning towards Nets. I cant picture Ainge giving up Tatum and Brown and what not for a possible rental in AD with no Irving. Unless he trades for AD to change Irving's mind to stay? Even though AD's Dad said he hopes his son isn't traded to Boston. Also 76ers have free agents in Butler,Harris and I believe Redick is as well.

The east could be looking a lot different next season. Also with Durant and Klay injured more second tier guys like Middleton will be chased after now. Also even if Warriors give the 5 year max to both Durant and Klay. They still out yet for the next season. So its more less a throw away season for Curry and Green. Unless they trade Green for depth?

So next year finals could be Rockets or Nuggets for the west? Maybe even Blazers. Thunder could retool as well. I think they need to unload Adams. Would suck if a team like Mavs swoop in and get Middleton from us. Then we don't have much to do then other then match Brogdon and get Lopez and Hill back. Not sure if we have enough for Mirotic yet if Middleton bolts. Then draft best ready 3 or 4 year college kid.
    No worries about Celtic's getting AD anymore. Middleton just moved his family into a new house in Milwaukee suburbs, so he's not going anywhere. If Kawhi leaves, bucks should own the east if we run it back. Likely Buck vs Lakers in finals.

So potentially some of you know this better than me, but if we assume that money is no issue (by that I mean the owners are willing to spend whatever they want but obviously the Bucks still need to adhere to NBA rules) how much cash can we actually spend on the free agent market? Is there any possibility of us going out and getting a decent player?

Go to the bucks 2019/2020 cap situation thread. I laid it all out there for the most part. Might be missing a few things, but the how much cash do we have question is pretty complex due to the nba cap rules and free agent holds and bird rights and all that crap. There's even some scenarios I didn't pay out with trades or stretching guys to free up space.

All in all, it's unlikely we havd much cash if we bring back both middleton and brogdon. If we bring back those two but renounce at least mirotic and possibly hill, we should have the full mid level exception, which would be about $9 mill to sign guys with. If we dont renounce those guys and go over the luxury tax, we only have the tax payers exception, which is more like $5 mill.

If we renounce a bunch of guys, we could probably free up $25 mill in space, but we'd also be replacing a ton of guys, so thata probably unlikely.

I would say Midd and Brogdon will be back and Bucks will renounce Mirotic and Hill. So lets say Bucks have $9 mill to spend. Two guys that might take 9 mill would be Dedmon and how much would it take to sign Rozier? If you say hey we will give you 4 years would he take 4-36 or 4-34 I think MLE is 8.5 or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I would say Midd and Brogdon will be back and Bucks will renounce Mirotic and Hill. So lets say Bucks have $9 mill to spend. Two guys that might take 9 mill would be Dedmon and how much would it take to sign Rozier? If you say hey we will give you 4 years would he take 4-36 or 4-34 I think MLE is 8.5 or something like that?
    I'd rather keep Hill than bring in Rozier. I also don't understand the obsession with Dedmon. He's an okay player but won't have a huge impact and I don't consider him a player that fills a need. Overpay for a backup center? Why?

If Middleton-Brogdon come back and Mirotic and Hill are renounced which they will - Hill may come back for cheap? - have about the $9M MLE deal. Not sure Lopez comes back for that. Could be last shot at big payday and idk if he will ever have that season again. Lopez is the only question about if he comes back (Hill too if he comes back on cheap deal, but he surely will be renounced) IMO. Only if he leaves would I go after Dedmon. It is less about Dedmon than what he would provide for Giannis. He shot 38 percent from 3. Will get a ton of open 3s with Giannis. Better pct than Lopez on over 3 3s per game. Per 36 he averaged 15.5 and 10.7 last year. Less than 2 bpg liked to see that upped. But Dedmon is a nice player. He only averaged 25 mpg this year but IMO he is a starting caliber player. Lopez is a flawed player too. Giannis would still get great spacing with Dedmon and Dedmon one of better options for what Bucks do.

Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 06-18-2019 at 08:41 AM.

So if Middleton is back. I'm sure Lopez wouldn't mind coming back. Brogdon is RFA, so we can match his offersheet. So we trying to unload Snell or Ersan with a pick to sign Hill or Mirotic or what? Besides trading the pick on draft night also saves a little cap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    To be fair, there was a report that middleton recently purchased a new home in Milwaukee, so I think it sounds like a foregone conclusion he's likely to be back.

That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if we technically wait to sign him. His cap hold will probably be smaller than his contract, so if we are trying to deal ersan or snell plus the draft pick, we may actually be able to free up a small amount of money under the cap while maintaining the rights to brogdon and middleton. So we could use that money, then resign those two and still have the mid level exception for lopez.

Ersan doesn't need to have a pick attached to trade him. He's on a reasonable contract and many teams would be interested. Tony Snell is not tradeable with only pick 30 attached. So we will be drafting a player at pick 30 to add to our roster. Unless we're able to pull off a bigger trade involving pick 30 with Bledsoe or some other players.

Hill is extremely important to this roster, unless we're able to find a replacement at 30. Same with Lopez. If the choice is keep both Hill and Lopez and lose either Middleton or Brogdon, I'd prefer to keep Hill and Lopez and one of Brogdon/Middleton. Perhaps we could replace Hill with the $9 Mil that would be freed up by renouncing Mirotic and Hill or use that $9 Mil to resign Hill. As much as Middleton and Brogdon are much better players, we have way more quality depth at 2/3 than we do at 1 or 5.

Middleton will likely take less than the max even though none of you guy's believe it. It will be a 5 year deal and not a 4 year deal for like $135 - $140 Mil. By taking less he gets an extra year which allows him to make more over the life of the contract.

I believe we can bring back Hill - $8, Brogdon - $15, Lopez - $10 and Middleton - $28 and only go slightly into the tax. If we're willing to trade Ersan, we can stay below the tax.

Middleton is coming back for 5 years for less than the max.

Shock Woelfel wrong lol. It would be stunning if he were right about something.

Lopez as I have said is the only ? mark on returning. Bucks will renounce Mirotic and Hill; sign Midd and Brogdon unless massive overpay for Brogdon. Then maybe S&T. Lopez is the ?. Will he take an MLE or cash in on probably his last payday when value at peak.

I know we all give Woelfel some slack. But he was right a few times. He was right we had the choice of either Curry or Ellis for Bogut trade. He was right that we were gonna renounce Parker RFA status so he could bolt to the Bulls. He was right on another scoop but forgot what it was.