Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 241 of 245 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3663
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    And you act like Mills is a stud. He is a good role player. Do I like Mills more than BroLo sure. But I am not trading DD and a pick AND lopez. The Bucks aren't going to overhaul and have to change who they are this year unless it's for a game-changer.
    You act like Lopez is the young stud just drafted by the Nets. Lopez could be considered neutral or negative to some teams on his contract. DDV isn't that exciting for a SG. Heck Bucks were lucky to fix the mistake salary dumping Augustin. Seems like Horst over paid role players then they fall off then we had to give up picks to dump them later. Hammond was the same way. I think if Lopez got injured we would be stuck with him. Best to move him before he falls off entirely on that contract. As for DDV. Not that excited for him now. As for a pick. Well we can only trade second round picks at this point. Couldn't be any worse giving up 4 second round picks for a injured rental Mirotic. Or waiving Wood for a washed up Gasol. Or extending Bledsoe midseason when he clearly didn't fit with us and stunk it up in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    You act like Lopez is the young stud just drafted by the Nets. Lopez could be considered neutral or negative to some teams on his contract. DDV isn't that exciting for a SG. Heck Bucks were lucky to fix the mistake salary dumping Augustin. Seems like Horst over paid role players then they fall off then we had to give up picks to dump them later. Hammond was the same way. I think if Lopez got injured we would be stuck with him. Best to move him before he falls off entirely on that contract. As for DDV. Not that excited for him now. As for a pick. Well we can only trade second round picks at this point. Couldn't be any worse giving up 4 second round picks for a injured rental Mirotic. Or waiving Wood for a washed up Gasol. Or extending Bledsoe midseason when he clearly didn't fit with us and stunk it up in the playoffs.
    No one is acting like he's some young stud. You proposed a trade where we trade 2 starters and a draft pick for a tiny upgrade over DD. And even as a tiny upgrade, that's arguable since Mills size could hamper us defensively. Plus, Mills is 32. It's not like he's a spring chicken either.

No one is opposed to moving Lopez or Donte or a 2nd. But packaging all 3 for an aging guard who is at best marginally better than DD is not a good way to maximize your window.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    No one is acting like he's some young stud. You proposed a trade where we trade 2 starters and a draft pick for a tiny upgrade over DD. And even as a tiny upgrade, that's arguable since Mills size could hamper us defensively. Plus, Mills is 32. It's not like he's a spring chicken either.

No one is opposed to moving Lopez or Donte or a 2nd. But packaging all 3 for an aging guard who is at best marginally better than DD is not a good way to maximize your window.
    I offered a similar deal a month or so back with BUCK WILD for LaVine as well. Yeah both are starters. But nothing to speak of. Mills was just my recent suggestion incase Spurs ready to call it a season. Also I said great if it only took Brook for Mills straight up. But if Spurs are gonna call it a season I doubt they want Lopez either. Would need a third team.

But DDV and Lopez was always my last big trade package before we pulled off the Tucker trade for Augustin/Wilson fodder. Since Lopez is the last decent size contract to trade. Yeah we can go as is, and skip the trade deadline and hope for veteran buyouts. But not much exciting so far other then Aldridge. Drummond already said if he's bought out, he wants to sign with Lakers.

Aaron Holiday maybe shopped by the Pacers. Also they listening to trade pitches for Brogdon and Sabonis. Not sure if Kuruc would be enough for Aaron Holiday or Jeff Teague. Also Kuruc cant be bundled with any other players if we decide to trade him yet.

I offered a similar deal a month or so back with BUCK WILD for LaVine as well. Yeah both are starters. But nothing to speak of. Mills was just my recent suggestion incase Spurs ready to call it a season. Also I said great if it only took Brook for Mills straight up. But if Spurs are gonna call it a season I doubt they want Lopez either. Would need a third team.

But DDV and Lopez was always my last big trade package before we pulled off the Tucker trade for Augustin/Wilson fodder. Since Lopez is the last decent size contract to trade. Yeah we can go as is, and skip the trade deadline and hope for veteran buyouts. But not much exciting so far other then Aldridge. Drummond already said if he's bought out, he wants to sign with Lakers.

Aaron Holiday maybe shopped by the Pacers. Also they listening to trade pitches for Brogdon and Sabonis. Not sure if Kuruc would be enough for Aaron Holiday or Jeff Teague. Also Kuruc cant be bundled with any other players if we decide to trade him yet.
    Kurucs for Wayne Ellington, trade Brook in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Kurucs for Wayne Ellington, trade Brook in the summer.
    I want the Bucks to trade for Ellington as well. But not so sure Pistons to agree for a even swap of the two. Pistons probably want a pick possibly as well. I know we traded with them plenty of times through the years. They probably got us on speed dial. I wouldn't give up the Rockets early second round pick though. Iffy on the Pacers pick. I rather give our own. Bad part is Ellington is a RFA next summer. Holiday maybe getting his big contract extension. Could get Holiday's brother Aaron possibly for Kurocs? Sounds like Pacers want a first round pick for him as well. Then were out.

Aaron Holiday $2,345,640
    Kurucs $1,780,152

Not sure if that trade is close or not. I hate to throw in Merrill or Nwora. Or use the TPE and a pick. Then salary dump Kurucs in a side trade.

Heard some buzz about Otto Porter Jr potentially being in the buyout market. He would be an interesting option if it happened. Not a great player by any means but a rotational wing guy. His contract is way too big to consider trading for before the deadline though.

And Lavine is a stud, so no chance they'd consider that.

PER isn't a perfect stat by any means, but it can give us a rough idea of player value. Donte is a 13/14 PER guy who's relatively cheap and relatively young. He does everything at an okay level but isn't really above average at anything. By most accounts, he seems pretty well liked in the locker room. Brook is a 14/15 PER guy who's getting older and isn't a perfect fit everywhere. He has a somewhat bloated contract so he's probably not an asset alone. But for some teams, he wouldn't be a negative either. He too seems well liked around the league, so he isn't hurting your locker room. Combine them together and ideally you are getting a 16/17 maybe even 18 PER type of guy who fits the roster well.

Magic traded three of their starters today. Vucevic and Gordon and Fournier all gone. Hammond gets to tank finally.

Oh and the Heat traded for Bjelica.

Only rumor I heard of recently for the Bucks is Austin Rivers.

76ers traded for George Hill. So he's off the list for us as a buyout.

Never mind I see Shams mentioned that 3 team trade and Rivers was in it.

Never mind I see Shams mentioned that 3 team trade and Rivers was in it.
    Right, but going to OKC, so probably bought out. Rivers likely to be a Buck

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Heard some buzz about Otto Porter Jr potentially being in the buyout market. He would be an interesting option if it happened. Not a great player by any means but a rotational wing guy. His contract is way too big to consider trading for before the deadline though.
    OPJ was part of the Vucevic trade today. But yeah he would of been a nice buyout. I was out of the house a couple hours today and missed a bunch of trades. Hill got traded to 76ers.

Heat traded only Harkless and Silva to Kings for Bjelica. Bucks should of traded with the Kings before the Tucker trade. But Tucker is more of a bulldog we need in playoffs.