Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3403
    I have heard that Phoenix did reach out to free agent DJ Augustin and that Milwaukee is also very interested. Also it’s likely he takes the best offer.
    — John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) November 20, 2020
    I suggested him a few posts above.

Free agent Wes Matthews plans to sign with the Lakers, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
    — Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 20, 2020
    Wes gone possibly now. Throw the MLE at Crowder.

Wes defense was good. But man on offense if he didn't hit a 3 or two. He could vanish easily. Felt like 4 vs 5 when we had the ball when Wes was on the floor.

Pistons sign Mason Plumee to a 3/$25M. Wonder where Wood ends up now.

Bucks sign PatC to 2/$8.3M. Seems a bit much. That's like $4.15M per. He is a workout training buddy with Giannis though.

On the Spot trac free agent tracker it shows Bucks signing D.J. Augustine to a 3 year $21 Mil deal. Also saw we are bringing in Bobby Portis on a 2 year deal, using our BAE at $3.6 Mil. for this year and $3.8 option for next.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 11-21-2020 at 01:34 PM.

It's weird. Because we all thought we had Bogdan and Jrue, this whole offseason kind of sucks. But if we try to pretend we never had Bogdan, it's been a decent offseason. Not sure it's enough to prevent giannis from leaving, but we should be a better team. Basically swapped Ers, Wes, Bled and Hill for Jrue, DJ and Portis. I think thats an upgrade in the playoffs for sure. Question is was it enough?

I think we need a decent step forward for Donte to make it work. And any improvement from giannis with his jumper and free throws would be huge as well.

Portis may not be a perfect player, but I like the fit if he really buys into his role. He can space the floor and rebound. He has some versatility and can be our primary backup big and play PF or C. His buy in on defense will be key, but if that comes together, he's a really nice fit.

And DJ is basically a George Hill clone. Hill was a little bigger, but DJ creates a bit more. DJ is more of a true pg too and doesnt play much SG. But with Jrue being a bit bigger and a better SG than Bled, I dont think that's a big deal at all. You can play any combo of 2 of Jrue, DJ, DD and Pat C and be fine.

Any chance Augustine starts at PG and Holiday at SG? Or DDV gets the nod at starting SG? Just a idea.

PatC must of got the early Bird. MLE to Augustine. BAE to Portis.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Any chance Augustine starts at PG and Holiday at SG? Or DDV gets the nod at starting SG? Just a idea.
    My guess is DD starts with DJ off the bench, but depending on match-up/hot hand, I wouldmt be shocked if DJ closes, at least some nights.

1. Giannis
    2. Middleton
    3. Holiday
    4. Brook
    5.DDV
    6. Augustine
    7. Portis
    8. Thanasis
    9. PatC
    10. Wilson
    11. Nwora
    12. Merrill

Leaves us with 3 roster spots. Then 2 more for Gleague.

Undrafted free agent forward Mamadi Diakite - out of Virginia - has reached an agreement on a two-way deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, his agent @Gary_Durrant tells Yahoo Sports.
    — Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) November 22, 2020
    4 spots left.

I suggested Augustin before FA even started. He is a perfect backup PG that will probably play 25-30 minutes. Paired with Holiday who can go to the 2 and guard the 2 I think we will see Augustin-Holiday playing at same time a bit down the stretch. I like the versatility it provides to play those two at same time plus going small with Augustin/Holiday/Midd/Portis/GIannis. All can shoot it so space would be spread to allow Giannis to drive and is a really good playoff lineup. Team still needs wings though IMO. The wings are pretty after Midd. And need a backup 5 maybe Frank K or not sure who else could sign for min?

Also I agree with crewfan, if you don't know the Bogdan situation the Bucks have had a pretty strong offseason and improved with DJ/Portis/Jrue and I like Nwora...not sure Merrill is playable defensively but pretty strong FA especially given cap situation.

I had one question, we can't afford even a trade for more salary can we? With Jrue trade expanding....and Nuggets involved I wonder if we can get Barton? His stats last year actually better than Bogdan but very similar guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I suggested Augustin before FA even started. He is a perfect backup PG that will probably play 25-30 minutes. Paired with Holiday who can go to the 2 and guard the 2 I think we will see Augustin-Holiday playing at same time a bit down the stretch. I like the versatility it provides to play those two at same time plus going small with Augustin/Holiday/Midd/Portis/GIannis. All can shoot it so space would be spread to allow Giannis to drive and is a really good playoff lineup. Team still needs wings though IMO. The wings are pretty after Midd. And need a backup 5 maybe Frank K or not sure who else could sign for min?

Also I agree with crewfan, if you don't know the Bogdan situation the Bucks have had a pretty strong offseason and improved with DJ/Portis/Jrue and I like Nwora...not sure Merrill is playable defensively but pretty strong FA especially given cap situation.

I had one question, we can't afford even a trade for more salary can we? With Jrue trade expanding....and Nuggets involved I wonder if we can get Barton? His stats last year actually better than Bogdan but very similar guys.
    I believe we used the MLE on Augustine. The BAE on Portis. The early Bird on PatC. All we got left is vet minimums to fill the roster. Unless we have a TPE yet from the Holiday trade? Could package Wilson and a future second for a tiny upgrade.