Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 247 of 257 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 3844
    I wonder if a Collin Sexton for DD/young guy like Merrill or someone could get Sexton. He has shown he can score but not sure he can do much else as I don't watch many Cavs games.

Also, I am so glad Lopez has ditched just standing and chucking 3s and is getting on the glass and posting up....I wonder if this opens up more options for them instead of just stretch 5 types. I really liked J. Allen from Texas when he came out but the Bucks didn't seem interested in that skillset. But his success vs. Miami (BroLo's) probably shows it can work. I like Clint Capela type who is athletic and shot blocker but not necessarily a 3-point shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I wonder if a Collin Sexton for DD/young guy like Merrill or someone could get Sexton. He has shown he can score but not sure he can do much else as I don't watch many Cavs games.

Also, I am so glad Lopez has ditched just standing and chucking 3s and is getting on the glass and posting up....I wonder if this opens up more options for them instead of just stretch 5 types. I really liked J. Allen from Texas when he came out but the Bucks didn't seem interested in that skillset. But his success vs. Miami (BroLo's) probably shows it can work. I like Clint Capela type who is athletic and shot blocker but not necessarily a 3-point shooter.
    This interesting Pack.....I was trying to figure out all season a realistic trade to get Sexton. At the time it didn't make sense for the Cavs to take back anything that we don't want. So I just gave up on thinking about it.. Although he would be nice in that sg spot.

Is DDV and some cheap rookie filler like Merrill or Bryant enough to get Claxton? Cavs in a rebuild. Also after season after next is over Claxton a RFA. Doubt we have the money to keep him. Well looks like DDV is a RFA that same summer. My guess if Bucks trade DDV. It's for a longer rookie contract on the cheap that can kinda contribute right away. Bucks need cost controlled players on the cheap. Our Big 3 contracts kinda balloon here on out.

I'm guessing you meant sexton, but I'm not sure he's actually a fit. He's super ball dominant which apparently his teammates didn't love and he's not a great defender. He's going to want huge money soon too. I just don't see him as a great fit even if he is on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm guessing you meant sexton, but I'm not sure he's actually a fit. He's super ball dominant which apparently his teammates didn't love and he's not a great defender. He's going to want huge money soon too. I just don't see him as a great fit even if he is on the block.
    I definitely agree about he would demand big money, however I don't get your logic on him not fitting. He can score at all 3 levels; something that we lack and preventing us from being elite. By the way his defense want be much of a problem bc it's only a few players in the league are really difference makers and we have one of them which is Holiday but Sexton scoring ability would be huge for us and cause a major for our opponents

Reports came out literally this year about his Cavs teammates being frustrating by how ball dominant he is and in a separate report, opponents were talking trash to Cavs players saying stuff like "you know he's not passing the ball" about sexton. I dont care that he scores on all 3 levels because the stats are somewhat empty. He'd be a decent bench microwave type of guy, but he's not a huge minutes guy on a great team. His game doesn't translate to being the 3rd or 4th option. He doesnt play off the ball well and doesn't get teammates involved. Add in the bad defense and the fact hell be looking to get a big deal soon and that's not a great fit for a great team. He's a classic case of a guy who's beat suited to be one of the best players on a garbage team. Basically, he's a Monta Ellis type of player.

I know Donte gets flamed on here a bunch. We can definitely improve over him and his spot. But he is a solid "little things" guy. He's a good teammate. He hustles. He defends at an okay level. He can do a variety of things on offense and doesn't require the ball all the time. He's a decent rebounding guard.

Donte fits as the 5th or worse option on a good team better than a guy like Sexton. If we went to the YMCA to play a game of pickup and sexton and DD were there, you'd take Sexton 10 times out of 10. He's a better player. But when fitting in with other guys who are better than both of them, like giannis, Midds and Jrue, Donte fits better.

Sexton was 20th in usage in the NBA this year. But compared to the rest of the top 20, he had the 2nd worst PER, 4th worst TS%, worst rebound rate (behind guys like Trae and Dame), 7th worst assist rate (its only that "good" because of traditional bigs like Embiid who don't get easy assists in fast breaks), 2nd lowest offensive win shares, 3rd lowest defensive win shares and lowest total win shares.

Maybe hell continue to improve, but he's a super high usage player who isn't very efficient and doesn't do the little things well. He requires the ball in his hands to do what he does best and with this bucks team, especially come playoff time, he won't have the ball in his hands nearly as often as he did in Cleveland. He shoots the 3 a little better but at the end of the day, he's a very similar player to Monta Ellis.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-03-2021 at 10:27 AM.

1st - This Bucks team may win the title this season, which should put an end to any trade speculation to upgrade the team to win a championship. In my opinion this is the championship series, although the Jazz could have something to say about it.

If the Nets put a hurting on us, which I doubt happens, but no one knows for sure. It could be Dame time in Milwaukee. Dame is extremely dedicated to Portland, but he's losing his patience. Dame doesn't want anything to do with LA or NY or most of the big markets, so Milwaukee makes sense. Plus he and Giannis love each other and would love to play together.

Middleton, DDV and player picked at 31 to Portland for Dame. Yes, dame is worth more, but he's been extremely loyal to Portland and if Dame says he wants to go to Milwaukee, it could happen. Maybe a 3rd team could join the trade for some other piece on the Bucks roster or we could add Bryn Forbes somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    1st - This Bucks team may win the title this season, which should put an end to any trade speculation to upgrade the team to win a championship. In my opinion this is the championship series, although the Jazz could have something to say about it.

If the Nets put a hurting on us, which I doubt happens, but no one knows for sure. It could be Dame time in Milwaukee. Dame is extremely dedicated to Portland, but he's losing his patience. Dame doesn't want anything to do with LA or NY or most of the big markets, so Milwaukee makes sense. Plus he and Giannis love each other and would love to play together.

Middleton, DDV and player picked at 31 to Portland for Dame. Yes, dame is worth more, but he's been extremely loyal to Portland and if Dame says he wants to go to Milwaukee, it could happen. Maybe a 3rd team could join the trade for some other piece on the Bucks roster or we could add Bryn Forbes somehow.
    I think we have a chance. Nets don't play D. We match for scoring as well.

Reports came out literally this year about his Cavs teammates being frustrating by how ball dominant he is and in a separate report, opponents were talking trash to Cavs players saying stuff like "you know he's not passing the ball" about sexton. I dont care that he scores on all 3 levels because the stats are somewhat empty. He'd be a decent bench microwave type of guy, but he's not a huge minutes guy on a great team. His game doesn't translate to being the 3rd or 4th option. He doesnt play off the ball well and doesn't get teammates involved. Add in the bad defense and the fact hell be looking to get a big deal soon and that's not a great fit for a great team. He's a classic case of a guy who's beat suited to be one of the best players on a garbage team. Basically, he's a Monta Ellis type of player.

I know Donte gets flamed on here a bunch. We can definitely improve over him and his spot. But he is a solid "little things" guy. He's a good teammate. He hustles. He defends at an okay level. He can do a variety of things on offense and doesn't require the ball all the time. He's a decent rebounding guard.

Donte fits as the 5th or worse option on a good team better than a guy like Sexton. If we went to the YMCA to play a game of pickup and sexton and DD were there, you'd take Sexton 10 times out of 10. He's a better player. But when fitting in with other guys who are better than both of them, like giannis, Midds and Jrue, Donte fits better.

Sexton was 20th in usage in the NBA this year. But compared to the rest of the top 20, he had the 2nd worst PER, 4th worst TS%, worst rebound rate (behind guys like Trae and Dame), 7th worst assist rate (its only that "good" because of traditional bigs like Embiid who don't get easy assists in fast breaks), 2nd lowest offensive win shares, 3rd lowest defensive win shares and lowest total win shares.

Maybe hell continue to improve, but he's a super high usage player who isn't very efficient and doesn't do the little things well. He requires the ball in his hands to do what he does best and with this bucks team, especially come playoff time, he won't have the ball in his hands nearly as often as he did in Cleveland. He shoots the 3 a little better but at the end of the day, he's a very similar player to Monta Ellis.
    The one thing that u making a case for him not fitting is the exact thing we lack. We need that guy that can score like that, just can't be content with inconsistent guys like DD and PatC bc things don't always go right and scoring would be vital to suceed at times. If u noticed the last few years we didn't have a guy like that to come in and go to work. Anytime Giannis gets stopped no one stepped up. Do u actually think the hustle and sporadic scoring of DD would will a game?

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post

HacksawButch I would love Dame here but that trade want get it done. That trade is like them sending us McCullum , Anfrenee Simons and a pick for Giannis

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    The one thing that u making a case for him not fitting is the exact thing we lack. We need that guy that can score like that, just can't be content with inconsistent guys like DD and PatC bc things don't always go right and scoring would be vital to suceed at times. If u noticed the last few years we didn't have a guy like that to come in and go to work. Anytime Giannis gets stopped no one stepped up. Do u actually think the hustle and sporadic scoring of DD would will a game?
    You need that guy on the 2nd unit. You don't need to give up all your assets and then have to pay $75-$100 million for that type of guy.

Cuz that type of guy isn't part of your closing unit. He doesnt fit with giannis, Middleton and Jrue. When those guys are in the game he's a the 4th option. And he isn't a spot up shooter and is a bad defender. Those guys are 15 minute a night guys. Trading all of our assets for that guy isn't valuable.

It would be great for the bucks to have a bench scorer who can get their own bucket as like their #8 guy. But that type of player doesn't work as your #4 guy, especially one who doesn't pass and can't defend.

Cuz every night he carries the load on offense when the other guys struggle, youll also have to put up with a bight or multiple nights where he's out there chucking contested jumpers while Middleton is wide open or jacking up a contested layup while giannis is open on the roll.

Lou Williams is always a name brought up here. I like Lou, but there's a reason the Clippers allegedly shopped Lou. On nights he isn't shooting it well, which happen fairly often, he's literally unplayable. When that's a Bryn Forbes type who is your 7thish man, then it's fine. When that's supposed to be your 4th best player and a player you'll have to go deep into the luxury tax to retain, that's not fine.

And the only reason sexton doesn't have "clunker" games from a scoring perspective is because he takes a million shots. He was 16th in the NBA in shots per game this year, ahead of giannis, Jokic and Lebron. He gets a ton of shots and that's why he puts up numbers.

Do you really think he'd get anywhere near that many shots in Milwaukee? Unless he ramps up his efficiency, which shouldn't be expected, you're looking at maybe a 15 a night guy, with poor efficiency, bad defense and terrible court vision. Is that really the guy you want to throw assets and the last of our cash at? It shouldnt be.

At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't matter. Giannis isn't the number 1 on a championship team. He's shaq and he's not winning a ring without his Kobe. And Middleton isn't a Kobe, neither is Jrue. And with no picks, no young players or no real assets in general, there's no way to get our Kobe. Add in the fact that the Nets are a super team with a bunch of studs who will get the vet ring chasers each year and we're done for barring perfect circumstances.

I love giannis and love that he stayed in Milwaukee, but his game doesn't translate to the playoffs. He's just not good enough at scoring the basketball efficiently and he's not a guy you can count on to get a bucket when your team struggles. You can't win with that guy as your one. He needs someone like Lillard or Steph to play with him and there's no way we can get one of those guys.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-07-2021 at 08:47 PM.

At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't matter. Giannis isn't the number 1 on a championship team. He's shaq and he's not winning a ring without his Kobe. And Middleton isn't a Kobe, neither is Jrue. And with no picks, no young players or no real assets in general, there's no way to get our Kobe. Add in the fact that the Nets are a super team with a bunch of studs who will get the vet ring chasers each year and we're done for barring perfect circumstances.

I love giannis and love that he stayed in Milwaukee, but his game doesn't translate to the playoffs. He's just not good enough at scoring the basketball efficiently and he's not a guy you can count on to get a bucket when your team struggles. You can't win with that guy as your one. He needs someone like Lillard or Steph to play with him and there's no way we can get one of those guys.
    Sadly it is looking that way. Hacksaw how you feeling about Bucks likely won't be beat bad lol. I really hope the Bucks flip the script starting in G3...but looked pretty defeated and deflated. Middleton is a more confident Bledsoe in the biggest moments deep in the playoffs.

I remember when I wanted Monty Williams as the Bucks coach and not many here liked that....looks pretty good now. Bud is just horrendous at adjustments...why do they continue to use Lopez in drop and let two assassins just can easy pull up jumpers constantly. It's depressing. Middleton getting outplayed by James UDFA, Blake Griffin is sad. This is without Harden lol.

I really think the Bucks need a complete overhaul...instead of trading guys for win now. Trade for youth and picks. Like Rui Hachimura or Gafford from WAS. Let WAS think they can win with Midd joining Russ and Beal. Keep Giannis and Jrue and look for snipers everywhere who play defense. RoCo mold. I also don't think there is anyway with the Bucks' assets to get the pieces to get over the hump. As said earlier no way dame can be had with Midd, DD etc. No picks to deal.

You need that guy on the 2nd unit. You don't need to give up all your assets and then have to pay $75-$100 million for that type of guy.

Cuz that type of guy isn't part of your closing unit. He doesnt fit with giannis, Middleton and Jrue. When those guys are in the game he's a the 4th option. And he isn't a spot up shooter and is a bad defender. Those guys are 15 minute a night guys. Trading all of our assets for that guy isn't valuable.

It would be great for the bucks to have a bench scorer who can get their own bucket as like their #8 guy. But that type of player doesn't work as your #4 guy, especially one who doesn't pass and can't defend.

Cuz every night he carries the load on offense when the other guys struggle, youll also have to put up with a bight or multiple nights where he's out there chucking contested jumpers while Middleton is wide open or jacking up a contested layup while giannis is open on the roll.

Lou Williams is always a name brought up here. I like Lou, but there's a reason the Clippers allegedly shopped Lou. On nights he isn't shooting it well, which happen fairly often, he's literally unplayable. When that's a Bryn Forbes type who is your 7thish man, then it's fine. When that's supposed to be your 4th best player and a player you'll have to go deep into the luxury tax to retain, that's not fine.
    I agree that a Sexton would cost and we can't afford him but it don't eliminate the fact that we need a guy like that on our team. We definitely can use him these last 2 piss poor games.