Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 182 of 185 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2766
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Break up one of the best teams of all-time???!!!
    I would love for us to bring back all of Lopez, Middleton, Brogdon and Hill only losing Mirotic, but keeping Hill is also critical with the way Bledsoe played in rounds 2 and 3. Giannis will be better next year. We'd still be the deepest team in the league and with KD likely out for the season, our only worry should be where Kawhi ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Saw a 3 team trade scenario where we send Bledsoe to Jazz, Jazz send Daunte Exum to Griz and we send snell and pick 30 to Griz for Conley. With Bledsoe and Snell leaving, we only lose about 5 mil in cap space and upgrade at PG without giving much value up.
    I'd be cool with that deal. Sort of a weird deal for Memphis though. Exum has come on a little, but hes not a huge player. And adding pick 30 and Snell for Conley feels kinda light. Conley has a big deal but he really only has 2 years left. So I think I'd be okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Saw a 3 team trade scenario where we send Bledsoe to Jazz, Jazz send Daunte Exum to Griz and we send snell and pick 30 to Griz for Conley. With Bledsoe and Snell leaving, we only lose about 5 mil in cap space and upgrade at PG without giving much value up.
    Bledsoe cant be traded till September 2, 2019. But yeah I want Conley. I'm all for that trade. Conley a bit long in the tooth but can rack up the points on a more consistent basis. Only down fall is the draft is long before September 2. So Grizzlies would have to like or agree on what we take at #30 long before September. Unless we trade Brown or Wilson or DDV or whatever instead.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 06-13-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bledsoe cant be traded till September 2, 2019. But yeah I want Conley. I'm all for that trade. Conley a bit long in the tooth but can rack up the points on a more consistent basis. Only down fall is the draft is long before September 2. So Grizzlies would have to like or agree on what we take at #30 long before September. Unless we trade Brown or Wilson or DDV or whatever instead.
    They're not trading Bledsoe. Just signed him, they wouldn't have done that just to trade him away.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    They're not trading Bledsoe. Just signed him, they wouldn't have done that just to trade him away.
    In fairness, I think the Bucks thought they would give him the extension and that would ease pressure and playoff performance would be better because of that. No pressure for contract going into offseason. But it clearly didn't matter. He stunk yet again. Idk. I think the Bucks like what they have but with Bud hard to have a PG that is below avg 3-point shooter for a PG and motto is let it fly. Have him, Giannis as bad 3-point shooters even as Giannis improves he still isn't all that confident in it yet. I agree though at the time they signed Bled they wouldn;t consider trading him, but after that stinker of a postseason again.....I would guess they would be somewhat open at the very least.

Agree. I don't think they're actively shopping him, but I also think if the right deal came along, they'd be foolish not to at least consider moving him. He's a good defender but he's not a perfect fit. His contract isn't awful, so if someone is interested and we can facilitate a 3 team deal that makes us better, I'm all for it.

I have never liked Bledsoe, didn't like him when we traded for him and still don't like him now. Can't shoot and has a tendency towards a high turnover rate. I'd rather have a player that's less explosive and plays smarter with a good jumper.

That being said, I don't think the contract they gave him was to ease his nerves. I think they thought they were getting a deal and they must like what he brings to the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Maybe not speed dialing everyone. We signed him to take a little bit of pressure off our offseason free agents for Horst. Besides Middleton is a player option. He couldn't take a extension midseason cause he wouldn't get the full price max as he would this summer. Brogdon is RFA and waiting on his bids as well. I bet if Lakers miss out on all big name free agents. LeBron would want Bledsoe.

Probably need a third team. Not sure what Lakers would cough up. On twitter I suggested Kuzma and Ball. Then reroute Ball to Suns for Warren. Warren and Kuzma be a nice haul. But more I look at it doubt we get Kuzma as well. Lakers kinda holding him off the table even in AD trades. Supposedly anyway. So even if it goes down as Bledsoe to Lakers and Ball to Suns and we get Warren fine. So be it. But not sure if Bledsoe is a BYC player first year of contract? Then we can only take back 50% of his first year salary so like $15.6M would be $7.8M. Doesn't fit for Warren either.

Not sure it being a 3 team trade off sets it somewhat or not. Ball is $8.7M. Warren is $10.8M. Josh Jackson is $7M. He be the closest price if BYC for Bledsoe. Suns didn't want to part with Jackson for Irving years back. So who knows. Who else is a PG starving team? Suns, but they wont take Bledsoe back. Magic? Mavs? Jazz? Pacers? Maybe Celtics if Irving bolts and they let RFA Rozier bolt with a big offer. Who knows.

Horst maybe signed Bledsoe to be just a place holder free agent to be. Paid him then, besides to hang onto him instead let him walk for nothing besides we owe the Suns a pick yet for him. Heck we signed Henson that year and he was pretty much in trade rumors before the ink dried. Yeah that was Hammond. But we just signed Snell other year and were shopping him this summer already. He's odd man out for Bud anyway. Also Ersan was signed last year and on the chop block as well.

Still kinda sucks Horst extended Bledsoe. Kills any chances of signing a max player if anyone decided to want to team up with Giannis. Not sure if it would of happened. But now were on a tight budget to bring almost everyone back. Mirotic probably gone unless takes vet minimum which I doubt he does yet. Maybe in 3 or 4 years he may. Still got RFA Brogdon. Player option in Middleton which he will opt out of. Middleton already wont take a home discount. Lasry said that in a quote a while back. I believe 5/$190M is the max Middleton can get. Right? Man thats a bit rough if he continues to be fat and flabby and inconsistent.

Brogdon I want back. Lopez probably wont continue to play for cheap. I hope he does. Plenty of people speculating he fetches the MLE from us. I'd only give him a two year deal of that tops. Probably second year team option. I doubt he can keep up his performances to much longer. Back with Nets he was injury-prone. Also doubt he keeps it up for 3pt% either. Also could get less mobile and slower. Then be less blocks. Yeah boxes out. But he can fall off eventually. Hill would of been nice to bring back after we waive him for cap savings.

Curious if Woelfel was right abut a free agent wants to bolt. Bledsoe signed so it cant be him. Brogdon is RFA so who knows. He would have to take the QO to find out if its him. So Middleton? His body language was meh and he comes into the season out of shape and who knows. Also his defense fell off a bit last few years. I could still seeing Middleton walking. Mavs want him. Reports Pacers have him circled on a list of free agents they looking at this summer. I think Lakers were linked to him beginning of last year for future wish list since they missed out after no one paired up with LeBron.

May just have to sign Middleton and hope to trade him later in a bigger upgrade trade. Kinda like Raptors paying DD then flipped him with Poeltl and a pick for Kawhi. We need to be ready for the next unhappy star player.

If the Pels are trading Jrue Holiday - I worry about him being injury prone - would look into it. Snell, Bled for Holiday. Holiday I think only has two years left on 25 mill deal. I think he is a better playmaker and always seems to shoot it better than the percentages indicate. Think only 33 percent this year from 3, but every Pels game I watch he plays well, hits shots. Over 7 dimes a game. Would think with Giannis he could shoot it well with guys packing the paint. Just a thought.

If they're trading jrue it's for players who fit the window with zion and whatever they get for AD. If AD stays, then I doubt they trade jrue.

Ya'll need to realize that no teams are going to dump good players to take on our leftover trash. I don't foresee any major trades from us this off-season. We just don't have the pieces to make it happen. I'm about 95% sure we bring back everyone except for Mirotic.

If I'm the front office and coaching staff I still think we were a better team than Toronto and flat out choked away a title in the ECF. Toronto is not a better team. Game 3 of that series needed to be a victory and no one stepped up for the Bucks. Also need to bank on DD and DJ Wilson having larger roles next season and hopefully Middleton adapts better to Bud's system and Giannis continues to improve his offense.

Yeah I just trying to come up with ideas to get Bledsoe out lol. I wouldn't call him 'leftover trash.' He was first-team all-defense. He just sucks in the playoffs lol. I agree most likely run it back or try to sign the guys to run it back. But what fun would that be to come up with no ideas.

I just think we tend to want to get All-Star level players in return for players we don't really want haha. In reality, if we're going to trade for an impact player we're most likely giving up something that really hurts. We're most likely going to be on the fence about it if it ever does happen.

Exceptions might happen if someone is trying to dump cap space but they're certainly not picking up Bledsoe if that's the case. Best case scenario I think is we dump Snell for cap relief, especially because Bud doesn't seem to want to use him. I thought Snell could have had a major impact against Toronto and he never saw that light of day, so he must be pretty far down on the useless scale.

I still think we made a mistake with Jabari. Say what you will about him, but he has stud scorer potential and we need it. Given the option I'd much rather have him than Snell right now. Said it at the time, even if you're considering Jabari a project he's a player that has a lot of room for growth and I'm not sure you can say that about anyone else on our roster.

I thought that too before the season but hes a liability. He's never going to consistently be a plus defender. He can maybe get to a solid on ball defender, but he has no defensive awareness. He's an awful team defender and you just can't get away with that unless you're a major plus in offense, which Jabari isn't. And he doesnt shoot it well enough from downtown to space the offense.

To me, Jabari isn't a terrible player but he's the style player that's really difficult to build a winning basketball team around. His strengths don't compliment a star super well and his weaknesses are tough to hide.

It's kind of odd to say, but Jabari Parker is a better straight up basketball player than say ersan. But ersan fits better in the nba than Jabari. Jabari plays like a ball dominant star but isn't a good enough player to be a star and a first option. Ersan understands he isnt ever going to be a star and plays within himself in a way that makes him a better fit on most teams.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-14-2019 at 07:45 PM.