Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 246 of 258 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 3857
    The initial post said Lavert and Warren. Not sure I love it, hut that's what he proposed. Also, Brook had no issue with Robin. They love to goof around and pretend to dislike each other, but it's all a game.

I know we're worried about losing Portis and Forbes and guys. But those dudes exist in the NBA. Both those guys played well, but they're both somewhat up and done role players. It's no super super difficult to swap out those bottom of the roster guys. Teams like the Lakers and other super team type teams have been doing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The initial post said Lavert and Warren. Not sure I love it, hut that's what he proposed. Also, Brook had no issue with Robin. They love to goof around and pretend to dislike each other, but it's all a game.

I know we're worried about losing Portis and Forbes and guys. But those dudes exist in the NBA. Both those guys played well, but they're both somewhat up and done role players. It's no super super difficult to swap out those bottom of the roster guys. Teams like the Lakers and other super team type teams have been doing it for years.
    Friend told me something like the front office or the owners like Slopez. So doubt he's traded. Maybe cause he was with the Nets so long. Near the area of the owners. So if we trade DDV. Not so sure Slopez is packaged up with him now. So DDV on draft night for some pick. Or for someone else on a longer rookie deal or a cheap veteran contract and a second round pick or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I think you would have to sell me more on these Mavs players. Kinda so so trade. Not sure what the draft picks would be. Also it's the Mavs in the playoffs. I see the Pacers saying no to DDV and Slopez and PATC and picks. Why not exclude the Mavs deal and Middleton to the Pacers for Turner and Holiday? Also i'm not that fond of Turner. His 3pt% fell off this year. Also lousy rebounder. I'd rather have Sabonis.
    No way I'd trade Middleton for Holiday and Turner. Jalen Brunson might be worth more than both, without Hardaway and draft picks. Brunson should have more value than Brogdon, because he's an elite defender. He has kind of flown under the radar, but should be an all NBA defensive team player. The only player on the Mavericks I'd rather have than Brunson is Luka, No one else including Porzingas.

Sabonis is an all star caliber player. Your not getting him for Lopez and Pat C or DDV. Turner isn't anything special, but is more able to switch than Lopez. Going from Lopez to Turner is just a lateral move. Not much of an improvement, but again he's more atheletic and can switch, plus rim protection.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Agreed! This is not a good trade involving Middleton. We should be looking into Beal, sign and trade with the Bulls for Lavine, a package for Beasley and DLo, Levert and Warren, Alexander, Dort and added pieces, I would even do a sign and trade package with Olynyk including Martin and Porter
    I'd rather have Brunson than Lavine, even up.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    No way I'd trade Middleton for Holiday and Turner. Jalen Brunson might be worth more than both, without Hardaway and draft picks. Brunson should have more value than Brogdon, because he's an elite defender. He has kind of flown under the radar, but should be an all NBA defensive team player. The only player on the Mavericks I'd rather have than Brunson is Luka, No one else including Porzingas.

Sabonis is an all star caliber player. Your not getting him for Lopez and Pat C or DDV. Turner isn't anything special, but is more able to switch than Lopez. Going from Lopez to Turner is just a lateral move. Not much of an improvement, but again he's more atheletic and can switch, plus rim protection.
    On Turner...he is more athletic, can switch on defense plus better rim protection....sounds like a lateral move....

Wow Brunson is a nice player but you have quite the hard-on for him.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post

When I was talking Sabonis trade. I was talking Middleton trades. Not junk trades of DDV and Slopez and PATC and draft compensation from the Mavs going to the Pacers for Turner and Holiday. Also I said I wasn't a fan of Turner anyway. Sabonis is only Pacer that really interests me.

As for the Mavs not a fan of them players other then Luka. Rest are no names that wont fly for the casual NBA fans. But with Middleton hitting that game winner. Doubt we trade him now. Also Holiday is a huge plus compared to what we had in Bledsoe.

I still prefer to some how keep Portis and Forbes for next season some how. Let Tucker walk. Also like I said I heard our front office or owners really like Slopez. Also PATC been decent in the playoffs. He could be safe as well. I don't see much movement from the Bucks other then maybe DDV. Maybe trade DDV for a mid first. Or a late first and a second.

Then start Nwora? Draft best player in second round with Rockets early pick. If any vet minimum ring chasers wanna join fine. But more less going with what we got unless Portis and Forbes opt out and leave for more money which they may do. Then we got bird rights for Tucker. But not sure I want him back at a high price of $7M to $10M per for a bench player that is out of shape and gets random injuries.

When I was talking Sabonis trade. I was talking Middleton trades. Not junk trades of DDV and Slopez and PATC and draft compensation from the Mavs going to the Pacers for Turner and Holiday. Also I said I wasn't a fan of Turner anyway. Sabonis is only Pacer that really interests me.

As for the Mavs not a fan of them players other then Luka. Rest are no names that wont fly for the casual NBA fans. But with Middleton hitting that game winner. Doubt we trade him now. Also Holiday is a huge plus compared to what we had in Bledsoe.

I still prefer to some how keep Portis and Forbes for next season some how. Let Tucker walk. Also like I said I heard our front office or owners really like Slopez. Also PATC been decent in the playoffs. He could be safe as well. I don't see much movement from the Bucks other then maybe DDV. Maybe trade DDV for a mid first. Or a late first and a second.

Then start Nwora? Draft best player in second round with Rockets early pick. If any vet minimum ring chasers wanna join fine. But more less going with what we got unless Portis and Forbes opt out and leave for more money which they may do. Then we got bird rights for Tucker. But not sure I want him back at a high price of $7M to $10M per for a bench player that is out of shape and gets random injuries.
    What about Graham from Hornets (not for kmidd obvi)?

Also let's slow the playing well in the playoffs....Bucks haven't played a road game...role players like PC always play better at home. I think Portis and Forbes played themselves into decent deals this offseason. Would love either or both back if they want to take less $$$.

Not the biggest DD fan. Wouldn't mind dealing him for anything decently valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post

Also let's slow the playing well in the playoffs....Bucks haven't played a road game...role players like PC always play better at home. I think Portis and Forbes played themselves into decent deals this offseason. Would love either or both back if they want to take less $$$.

Not the biggest DD fan. Wouldn't mind dealing him for anything decently valuable.
    I like Graham. But he's a RFA this summer. Sign and trade would hard cap us if were under the cap. But with our big 3 payroll expanding each year were probably like in the tax. So then we cant do a sign and trade I believe. I think it's in our best interests to trade DDV this summer. Cause in 2022/23 summer he's RFA. I don't want him on his next contract other then a salary filler to be traded. But even then I rather see him dealt and let some other team test drive him before he's a RFA for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hacksawbutch View Post
    i'd rather have brunson than lavine, even up.
    what!!!!!!🤯

On Turner...he is more athletic, can switch on defense plus better rim protection....sounds like a lateral move....

Wow Brunson is a nice player but you have quite the hard-on for him.
    Right!.....Got to be too much Scotch!

I like everything except keeping PatC.........that $5 mil can be used elsewhere. And Tucker provides toughness that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

Graham is nice but what about a guy like Alec Burks? He could be cheap, can step when it counts and can draw fouls

I like Graham. But he's a RFA this summer. Sign and trade would hard cap us if were under the cap. But with our big 3 payroll expanding each year were probably like in the tax. So then we cant do a sign and trade I believe. I think it's in our best interests to trade DDV this summer. Cause in 2022/23 summer he's RFA. I don't want him on his next contract other then a salary filler to be traded. But even then I rather see him dealt and let some other team test drive him before he's a RFA for them.
    👍

With us 3-0 winning versus the Heat. I hope our pending free agents are happy so far winning and kinda thinking to come back at a decent rate or cheap. Seems Portis off the bench can come in any night and go for 15 to 20 points with his eyes closed if given a decent amount of minutes. But Bud short changed him plenty of games though with less minutes. Forbes can be a flame thrower. Tucker isn't athletic but can be a rugged defender and still hit a corner three. Bud finally playing less DDV and still not missing a beat at the main weak spot at SG. Brook playing better scoring in the paint instead of just jacking up deep threes. Our defense as a whole really coming together.

DDV is out for the remainder of the playoffs. Tendon in his left foot.