Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 206 of 212 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3174
    We get Chris Paul and Michael Porter
    Thunder get: Julius Randle, Gary Harris, Frank K (Knicks) Picks
    Knicks get: Eric Bledsoe, Will Barton
    Nugget get: Khris Middleton

We get 2 big pieces that can work with Giannis now and later. Thunder get out of Pauls deal and get some immediate value and long term value. Knicks get two guys who can help them try and win. The Nugget get out off Harris's a couple not great deals and get a perfect pairing for Murray and Jokic which makes giving up Porter understandable.

Thoughts????

Honestly I think both Denver and milwaukee say no. The bucks need to be hyper focused on this year. Paul does that, but porter doesn't quite. He might take a jump, but it's not hard to envision him not being ready to take on the role he'd have to take.

And Denver could win a ring soon for sure, but given their youth, I could see them committing to letting that group, including porter, grow together.

Trade offer

Milwaukee Bucks receive: Chris Paul
    Oklahoma City Thunder receive: Brook Lopez, Eric Bledsoe, Wesley Matthews and 2 first round draft picks

New starting 5

PG- Paul
    SG- Connaughton
    SF- Middleton
    PF- Giannis
    C- Robin Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade offer

Milwaukee Bucks receive: Chris Paul
    Oklahoma City Thunder receive: Brook Lopez, Eric Bledsoe, Wesley Matthews and 2 first round draft picks

New starting 5

PG- Paul
    SG- Connaughton
    SF- Middleton
    PF- Giannis
    C- Robin Lopez
    Robin Lopez and Connaughton are not starters for championship contenders. That is part of the problem with CP3...I think his attitude is kind of exactly what this team needs, but what can you put around 3 guys (CP3, GA, Midd) with the cap? Not much. Can't go wayyy into lux tax. But those 3 would make the cap basically, over 100 mill. This team needs more long athletic wings, too.

To be fair, both DD and Hill would start over Pat. And we'd have to use the mid level for sure, but Giannis probably goes to center and you attempt to acquire a stretch 4 type for the mid level.

Also, I dont think lopez needs to be involved. I think you can swap our ersan and say cap filler like Wilson to allow OKC to release ersan and free up cap space. Probably don't need to include Wes either in that case. If OKC is trading Paul, they have no interest in win now guys like Wes and Lopez. Give them the cap space guys and keep the guys in Mil that can actually help win a ring.

But generally I agree. While Paul seems like a great fit, he had a massive contract thats really difficult to match without gutting the team. And he's not good enough by himself any more to make up for that. If he were say dame lillard or something, then you can absolutely gut the team and say we'll start with dame, giannis and midds and figure the rest out, but CP3 isn't that guy at this point in his career. Bucks need to do something, particularly involving Bledsoe and getting back a guard who can create/score a little. But I don't think CP3 is as obvious as people think.

Was reading an article on what the Clippers need to do in the offseason and their biggest needs included passing and defense. It said that having 3 all world defenders was near useless as teams went at the other players on the court that couldn't defend. One of their suggested trades was Lou Williams, Landry Shamet and Rodney Mcgruder for Eric Bledsoe. Another possibility would be swap out Jamichael Green for Mcgruder if we'd prefer Green. This trade would give us scoring and a P & R player in Lou, Shooting with Shamet and a good role PF in Green.

Then we could package Lopez, Ersan, DJ and picks for Holiday.

Holiday, Mathews, Midd, Giannis and Rolo as starters with Green replacing Rolo and Giannis playing the 5 at crunch time. Plus Hill, Shamet, Lou Wil, Donte, Rolo/Green on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Was reading an article on what the Clippers need to do in the offseason and their biggest needs included passing and defense. It said that having 3 all world defenders was near useless as teams went at the other players on the court that couldn't defend. One of their suggested trades was Lou Williams, Landry Shamet and Rodney Mcgruder for Eric Bledsoe. Another possibility would be swap out Jamichael Green for Mcgruder if we'd prefer Green. This trade would give us scoring and a P & R player in Lou, Shooting with Shamet and a good role PF in Green.

Then we could package Lopez, Ersan, DJ and picks for Holiday.

Holiday, Mathews, Midd, Giannis and Rolo as starters with Green replacing Rolo and Giannis playing the 5 at crunch time. Plus Hill, Shamet, Lou Wil, Donte, Rolo/Green on the bench.
    Oh my word if the Clippers would do either trade, you do it immediately. I saw Oladipo as a possibility for a Bledsoe package. Either one I am good with but the Clippers one would provide really good role players. Add Holiday and this team would be pretty good. I am open to DD moving too. He is fine but nothing special imo.

I like DD and wouldn't mind having him as a solid bench peice, but hes really the only young guy who even has some value on the team. So if he needs to be included in a deal to improve, I'm all for moving on from him if he's the guy holding a deal up.

Ideally we wouldn't have botched those drafts with guys like Vaughn, wilson, maker and so on. Even if those guys were just solid rotational guys, they'd give us some ammo to deal with. But since they are all nothings, (or off the team), we have very little for sweeteners to throw in.

I give horst a ton of credit for the trades he's been able to pull off since he's been the GM. But his drafting has been not great and so was Hammond's before he left. Giannis was absolutely as big of home run as you can hit, but beyond him, its hard to say we've had any good picks in the first round in a long time. Broggy and a few other 2nds have been good, but the firsts have sucked. Hard to blame anyone for Parker. He was the right pick who got hurt a bunch, but alot of the rest were relatively questionable on draft night.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Oh my word if the Clippers would do either trade, you do it immediately. I saw Oladipo as a possibility for a Bledsoe package. Either one I am good with but the Clippers one would provide really good role players. Add Holiday and this team would be pretty good. I am open to DD moving too. He is fine but nothing special imo.
    This article made it sound like the Bucks were the ones that might not want the trade. It did make sense from a Clippers stand point. Bledsoe and Beverly up top with PG and Kawhi would be scarey defensively and Bledsoe would be by far their best assist man.

Read another article that suggested a Patrick Beverly for Bledsoe trade even up, but the common denominator is that the Clippers would like to get Bledsoe.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 09-28-2020 at 04:40 PM.

I would be all for the Lou Williams deal, he would help with the clutch shooting spots and has become a better passer and leader. The more I look at options the more I like Derrick Rose, he's not a prolific 3 point shooter but he can get to the basket and stop the big runs nba teams go on. As a 6th man he would be perfect, also he's been on bad teams so I feel he would be getting better shots improving efficiency. The only negative I see is that most of the options are older players and I feel that was a negative for us later in the year (before shutdown). Lopez bro's were 31, Korver 38, Matthew 33, Ersan 32, Hill 33, Bledsoe 30, Marvin 33. That's was a lot of older players, I would prefer some 25-ish year old guys who support a fast break and inside out half court game.

Myles Turner, Buddy Heild, Caris LaVert, Jarrett Allen, Spencer Dinwiddie, and more could fit. Free Agents could include Meyer Leonard, Harry Giles, Jordan Clarkson, Davis Bertans, Nerleans Noel, Noah Vonleh. Obviously not much in the way of young difference maker free agents.

Bucks in this latest mock draft video it has them taking a European player at #24 drafting Leandro Bolmaro out of Spain

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I would be all for the Lou Williams deal, he would help with the clutch shooting spots and has become a better passer and leader. The more I look at options the more I like Derrick Rose, he's not a prolific 3 point shooter but he can get to the basket and stop the big runs nba teams go on. As a 6th man he would be perfect, also he's been on bad teams so I feel he would be getting better shots improving efficiency. The only negative I see is that most of the options are older players and I feel that was a negative for us later in the year (before shutdown). Lopez bro's were 31, Korver 38, Matthew 33, Ersan 32, Hill 33, Bledsoe 30, Marvin 33. That's was a lot of older players, I would prefer some 25-ish year old guys who support a fast break and inside out half court game.

Myles Turner, Buddy Heild, Caris LaVert, Jarrett Allen, Spencer Dinwiddie, and more could fit. Free Agents could include Meyer Leonard, Harry Giles, Jordan Clarkson, Davis Bertans, Nerleans Noel, Noah Vonleh. Obviously not much in the way of young difference maker free agents.
    Not sure Lou is the exact guy, but I've been saying for a few years we need a microwave guy off the bench. When Giannis goes out and midds is struggling, there isn't a guy who can just get a bucket. We've built a good team around giannis with a bunch of shooters mostly, but the problem is most of them are shooters only.

We definitely need that scorer off the bench. Ideally the guy can shoot it a bit too, but we need some instant offense. I think bled was supposed to be that, but hes not shown that ability, especially in the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind a bigger trade with Pelicans. Brook, Bledsoe, DJ, Donte and pick 24 for Holiday and JJ Redick. JJ could be that scorer off the bench, although he gets his shots running off screens, but he even shoots the off balance shots well. We'd need some backup front court players, with Rolo starting at the 5 and no obvious help at SF and PF, but I see adding Holiday and Redick as upgrades.

Though I would like a trade for Holiday, I wouldn't include BroLO in any trade unless its for a true difference maker like a Beal, Booker, Harden, Lillard or AD.

Milwaukee Bucks receive: Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans Pelicans receive: Eric Bledsoe, Brook Lopez, Donte DiVicenzo, Ilyasova and the #24 pick in 2020 draft

New Bucks starting 5

PG- Jrue Holiday
    SG- Khris Middleton
    SF- Pat Connaughton
    PF- Giannis Antetokounmpo
    C- Robin Lopez