Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Tyus Jones is on the trade block. Sounds like Thibs wants to bring in Rose. I think Bucks had interests in Jones other year.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are interested in re-signing point guard Derrick Rose, according to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic.

Krawczynski noted that the interest would be mutual, as Rose is apparently eager to remain with his longtime head coach, Tom Thibodeau.

Minnesota added Rose as a free agent in March after the former MVP was traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers and then waived by the Utah Jazz in February. Rose had struggled mightily in his previous stops, but he was decent in the playoffs for Minnesota as he averaged 14.2 points per game on 50.9 percent shooting while coming off the bench against the Houston Rockets.

The Timberwolves already have $110 million in guaranteed salary for next season, and that's before re-signing Nemanja Bjelica. That means Rose will presumably need to take a discount if he wants to prolong his time in Minnesota.

One potential solution would be to flip point guard Tyus Jones, who was usurped by Rose as the backup to Jeff Teague. Jones was a darling by advanced metrics, but Thibodeau preferred the experienced veteran, and it shouldn't come as a surprise if Jones is traded, according to Krawczynski.
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1539426

Cousins unfollowed Pelicans on Instagram.

KAT and the Wolves organization not in a good place right now internally. Lowe/Windhorse from ESPN both mentioned it.

I loved KAT coming out and heís developed into a really good player. Iím surprised with how his defense developed though. I always thought heíd develop into a solid offensive player who could hit a jumper but a stud defender.

I have a buddy from Minnesota who still follows the wolves enough and heís not a big KAT fan. Itíll be interesting to see what happens with him. His numbers are great but I wonder if they are a little empty at times.

The rumor has it that KAT might have been the guy Phoenix was talking about when they said they might be willing to trade the first pick for a player.

Minnesota Timberwolves trade Karl-Anthony Towns to the Milwaukee Bucks for Khris Middleton, Malcolm Brogdon, Thon Maker and unprotected first round picks in 2021 and 2023.
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headl...ticleId=513721
    I think it should be Bledsoe, Brogdon, Henson, and the 2017 first. Not sure if I would substitute Jabari in there.

Just noticed KAT is still on his rookie deal, so I do not know how the Bucks could match up. I guess it would have to be Brogdon, Thon, and a couple of firsts. Maybe DJ

No chance either of those deals you proposed gets even remotely close to being enough for KAT. Even the one you quoted isnít enough, but at least itís closer.

Shame the KAT rumors didn't kick in at the trade deadline when Parker was still under contract. Back then we could of offered up Parker,Brogdon,Maker,Wilson, and a future first after the Suns pick conveys. But even that offer isn't much. Celtics or 76ers could trump our offer and 76ers don't even need a center. Not sure if Wiggins is the cause or what? If so, i'd easily see Wiggins dealt for just about anything.

KAT to Phoenix makes sense for the first pick. Rumor has it booker wasnít super happy in Phoenix, so you get him his buddy KAT. Makes them both happy and they fit pretty well together. Minnesota can them use the pick on ayton, whoís be a pretty good fit for that team. Maybe other pieces would be involved but that would make a lot of sense to me.

Since the 76ers have 6 draft choices, I wonder if the Bucks should trade down to pick 26 for extra draft choices in the second round?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    Since the 76ers have 6 draft choices, I wonder if the Bucks should trade down to pick 26 for extra draft choices in the second round?
    I wont even try to get excited for the draft this year. Wilson selection bummed me out last draft. Also not saying Woelfel is right. But he mentioned we may package the pick with a player for a win now vet. But packaging #17 with any of Snell,Delly,Henson just makes the value even more negative. It be nice if we can land Dedmon with the MLE.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headl...ticleId=514299

Whiteside barking at the Heat. I could see him dealt this summer. Not much for a center market other then Wizards and Bucks. I wouldn't give up much for Whiteside. He doesn't really help at all. 76ers ran him off the floor in the playoffs. Also more centers in this draft. Now if its a junk for junk then sure i'm game.

$25,434,263 $27,093,018 Last year is a player option. I didn't know he made that much. Damn be hard to match his contract. They would have to eat any two of Delly,Snell,Henson and eat a tiny rookie contract like a Wilson or whatever.

I rather chase Dedmon as a UFA with the MLE. Doubt Pat wants to eat junk to get rid of Whiteside.

If I am Horst I have one goal and that is to add a high volume rebounder and if possible a shot blocker or a combo of a couple players that will combine to make our team rebounding stronger. Maybe Maker can add some weight finally and be part of the combo rebounding but I feel like our d ending up looking bad because we gave up way to many offensive rebounds and at times certain guys like Giannis were forced to play out of position to protect the rim leaving open rebounds. DeAndre Jordan would be perfect but he will be to expense, I think a trade is the best option unless we can find a way to dump a bunch of salary, which likely won't be possible with all the teams strapped for cash this offseason.

Thatís still not enough for me. Sure, that type of player will help, but we need help offensively as well, especially in the half court for the playoffs. We need an upgrade at guard as well.

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast