Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win this matchup?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0 0%
  • Washington Redskins

0 0%

Preseason Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2) Vs Washington Redskins (1-2)

Preseason Week 4

(1_ -_ 2)______________________ (1_ -_2)

Tampa___________Washington

_____vs _______

Thursday, August 31st, 7:30 PM ET
    Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

VS

Quarterback:

Jameis Winston - COMP 345 / ATT 567 / TD 28 / INT 18 / YDS 4090
    Kirk Cousins - COMP 406 / ATT 606 / TD 25 / INT 12 / YDS 4917

VS

Running Back:

Jacquizz Rodgers - ATT 129 / YDS 560 / AVG 4.3/ TD 2
    Robert Kelley - ATT 168 / YDS 704 / AVG 4.2 / TD 6

VS

Wide Receiver:

Mike Evans - REC 96 / YDS 1321 / AVG 13.8 / TD 12
    Terrelle Pryor - REC 77 / YDS 1007 / AVG 13.1 / TD 4

VS

Tight End:

Cameron Brate - REC 57 / YDS 660 / AVG 11.6 / TD 8
    Jordan Reed - REC 66 / YDS 686 / AVG 10.4 / TD 6

VS

Kicker:

Nick Folk - FGM 27 / FGA 31 / XPM 24 / XPA 26
    Dustin Hopkins - FGM 34 / FGA 42 / XPM 36 / XPA 39

VS

Tackles Leader:

Kwon Alexander - SOLO 108 / AST 37 / TOT 145
    Mason Foster - SOLO 88 / AST 45 / TOT 123

VS

Sacks Leader:

Gerald McCoy - SACKS 7.0 / FF 2
    Ryan Kerrigan - SACKS 11.0 / FF 5

VS

Interceptions Leader:

Brent Grimes - INT 4 / PD 24 / TD 1
    Josh Norman - INT 3 / PD 19 / TD 0

Click For More Stats

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Game day!! Last preseason game before we get to shine for real.

Hopefully a few backups show promise and we get out of there healthy.

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Broncos to cut TJ Ward by Saturday.

I think we could trade Wilcox to a team needing depth for little to nothing. Then sign Ward.

I was not interested in Haden but Ward will cost less and be a bigger upgrade.

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Broncos to cut TJ Ward by Saturday.

I think we could trade Wilcox to a team needing depth for little to nothing. Then sign Ward.

I was not interested in Haden but Ward will cost less and be a bigger upgrade.
    I have never seen a team sign a free agent and trade him away 2 months later. It just doesn't happen! I do like Ward though. I also think Wilcix has looked better then i expected. I have seen Bucs fans claim that we should go after every single player that has been cut or rumored to be in the trade block over the past month. L. McCoy is the only one I really would have high interest in
    Last edited by aecon13; 08-31-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Beckwith and Glanton look real good at LB. I think we have good depth at the LB position. Our backup O-line is atrocious. J. Evans, C. Ward, R. Smith, and Abdesmad have all made some nice plays. Fitz is getting outplayed by whoever this Skins QB is. If not for injury, I honestly think Griffin might have beat him out. I'm not confident anymore that Fitz could come in and steer us to a win if Jameis goes down

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I have never seen a team sign a free agent and trade him away 2 months later. It just doesn't happen! I do like Ward though. I have seen Bucs fans claim that we should go after every single player that has been cut or rumored to be in the trade block over the past month. L. McCoy is the only one I really would have high interest in
    Oh I've seen it to. I wouldn't have bit on McCoy or Haden but TJ Ward has been a force in Denver. It's highly unlikely it happens but I could dig it. They can trade/cut whoever they need to besides Evans at S.

I completely agree with your point about trading new free agent acquisitions but I get a real sense of buyers remorse from the team with Wilcox. He hasn't been anywhere close to Tandy or Conte in camp and preseason.

Beckwith and Glanton look real good at LB. I think we have good depth at the LB position. Our backup O-line is atrocious. J. Evans, C. Ward, R. Smith, and Abdesmad have all made some nice plays. Fitz is getting outplayed by whoever this Skins QB is. If not for injury, I honestly think Griffin might have beat him out. I'm not confident anymore that Fitz could come in and steer us to a win if Jameis goes down
    Griffin was beating him badly. There is talk of keeping him active on 53 for one day so they can put him on IR and have him return. This year that's been raised from 1 to 2, so it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Griffin was beating him badly. There is talk of keeping him active on 53 for one day so they can put him on IR and have him return. This year that's been raised from 1 to 2, so it's possible.
    I like the sound of that. What's the timetable on his return?

Who played well-
    - All 3 back up LB's were the bright spot of the night. Particularly Glanton and Beckwith.
    - J. Evans
    - R. Smith
    - P. Barber & Mcnichols.
    - Abdesmad, DL- Big man. I can see him playing inside and outside. I'd like to see him make the team
    - C. Ward, DL
    - J. Moxey, CB

Who looked bad-
    - the whole O-Line, but especially J. Allen, C. Benenoch, and M. Liedtke. We need to invest heavaley in this next year's draft.
    - Sterling Bailey, DE- Cut
    -D. Dye- missed a crucial block and left his man out to dry. I like Ready or Martino for the 5th spot.
    - J. Elliott, CB- I think McClain wins the nickel job.
    - both QB's- Liufae is completely worthless. Fitz only has a job because of Grifin injury.
    - M. Huff, S- Cut

I like the sound of that. What's the timetable on his return?
    Have to miss 6 games then a 2 week window to practice before final decision is made.

Who played well-
    - All 3 back up LB's were the bright spot of the night. Particularly Glanton and Beckwith.
    - J. Evans
    - R. Smith
    - P. Barber & Mcnichols.
    - Abdesmad, DL- Big man. I can see him playing inside and outside. I'd like to see him make the team
    - C. Ward, DL
    - J. Moxey, CB

Who looked bad-
    - the whole O-Line, but especially J. Allen, C. Benenoch, and M. Liedtke. We need to invest heavaley in this next year's draft.
    - Sterling Bailey, DE- Cut
    -D. Dye- missed a crucial block and left his man out to dry. I like Ready or Martino for the 5th spot.
    - J. Elliott, CB- I think McClain wins the nickel job.
    - both QB's- Liufae is completely worthless. Fitz only has a job because of Grifin injury.
    - M. Huff, S- Cut
    Agree with most, especially about Lbs. Imagine when Beckwith gets some real experience and is next to David a d Alexander, a real front 7.

Couple things I disagree on.
    Can't see Abdesmad making this roster at all. We're 4-5 deep at DT and there are enough quality DE on this roster that we will have tough decisions. Give me Ward, Lambert or Russell over him.

Not sure who gets that 5th spot but I'm pretty sure Josh Huff was healthy and held out. Could it be he's secured the 5th spot. I can't rule out them keeping 6 either and Reedy, Martino, Dye and Wilson could all be in play there.

I have never seen a team sign a free agent and trade him away 2 months later. It just doesn't happen! I do like Ward though. I also think Wilcix has looked better then i expected. I have seen Bucs fans claim that we should go after every single player that has been cut or rumored to be in the trade block over the past month. L. McCoy is the only one I really would have high interest in
    Seahawks trading Tramaine Brock to Vikings, was signed by Seattle 2 weeks ago.