Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Henderson has upheld the suspension at 6 games. The case is still with the courts though and we may see the courts take action on it. In any case, Zeke will play week 1 at least. If nothing comes from the courts, he will miss weeks 2-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Henderson has upheld the suspension at 6 games. The case is still with the courts though and we may see the courts take action on it. In any case, Zeke will play week 1 at least. If nothing comes from the courts, he will miss weeks 2-7.
    Well, this is the schedule for week 2 to 7:

Sun, Sep 17

@

Broncos

1:25 PM
    Mon, Sep 25

@

Cardinals

5:30 PM
    Sun, Oct 1

vs

Rams

10:00 AM
    Sun, Oct 8

vs

Packers

Sun, Oct 22

@

49ers

1:05 PM
    Sun, Oct 29

@

Redskins

1:25 P

The Giant game is the one they need him for most. I don't mind so much that he misses the Rams, 49ers and Redskins. McFadden and Morris are very capable backs. The Giants have a strong defense, so you need that weapon capable of breaking out big plays. Assuming Zeke is innocent of what he's accused, his conduct off the field still bugs me. That TMZ video wasn't a good look...and some of the other stories. He's got to understand that playing is a privilege. Even if he has the talent to be a future hall of famer, doesn't mean it's a given. There have been others with out of this world talent that didn't live up to their promise.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post

Sun, Sep 17

@

Broncos

Mon, Sep 25

@

Cardinals

Sun, Oct 1

vs

Rams

Sun, Oct 8

vs

Packers

Sun, Oct 22

@

49ers

Sun, Oct 29

@

Redskins

The Giant game is the one they need him for most. I don't mind so much that he misses the Rams, 49ers and Redskins. McFadden and Morris are very capable backs. The Giants have a strong defense, so you need that weapon capable of breaking out big plays. Assuming Zeke is innocent of what he's accused, his conduct off the field still bugs me. That TMZ video wasn't a good look...and some of the other stories. He's got to understand that playing is a privilege. Even if he has the talent to be a future hall of famer, doesn't mean it's a given. There have been others with out of this world talent that didn't live up to their promise.
    Zeke will likely be playing all of those games as well. We will know for sure in Friday though. That's when the judge will decide whether or not to grant him a temporary restraining order on his suspension. If they do then he won't serve any suspension until they have decided if he should have been suspended at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Zeke will likely be playing all of those games as well. We will know for sure in Friday though. That's when the judge will decide whether or not to grant him a temporary restraining order on his suspension. If they do then he won't serve any suspension until they have decided if he should have been suspended at all.
    If he serves any at all this year, I'd rather it be earlier and not later in the season or the playoffs, where the stakes are higher.

Sun, Sep 17

@

Broncos

Mon, Sep 25

@

Cardinals

Sun, Oct 1

vs

Rams

Sun, Oct 8

vs

Packers

Sun, Oct 22

@

49ers

Sun, Oct 29

@

Redskins

Yeah he needs to be much more mature, that is clear. Even in this situation with Thompson, even if he didn't abuse her physically it was a toxic relationship and one in which Zeke did not act maturely.

If he serves any at all this year, I'd rather it be earlier and not later in the season or the playoffs, where the stakes are higher.
    I agree. I'd rather he just serve it and get it over with. I would hate to lose Zeke at the start of the playoffs or when they are trying to get into the playoffs.

Yeah he needs to be much more mature, that is clear. Even in this situation with Thompson, even if he didn't abuse her physically it was a toxic relationship and one in which Zeke did not act maturely.
    Good take on it. I agree with that completely. He's been handed the golden lottery ticket. The star back of the most prestigious franchise.

I agree. I'd rather he just serve it and get it over with. I would hate to lose Zeke at the start of the playoffs or when they are trying to get into the playoffs.
    I think we can win a lot of those early games without Zeke. McFadden and Morris aren't exactly lunch meat. You also have the best o line, Beasely, Dez Williams and Witten. Just watching their limited series, they can definitely roll up points in a hurry. It's probably those really tough games, where we would need to take it up another gear and break out a big play here and there.

I think we can win a lot of those early games without Zeke. McFadden and Morris aren't exactly lunch meat. You also have the best o line, Beasely, Dez Williams and Witten. Just watching their limited series, they can definitely roll up points in a hurry. It's probably those really tough games, where we would need to take it up another gear and break out a big play here and there.
    Yea I'd feel much better playing without Zeke early in the season. We have to have Zeke for a playoff run though.

Yea I'd feel much better playing without Zeke early in the season. We have to have Zeke for a playoff run though.
    It might even be a blessing. He won't be worn out and banged up when it nears the playoffs. Plus, I feel pretty comfortable with what I've seen from McFadden and Morris.

It might even be a blessing. He won't be worn out and banged up when it nears the playoffs. Plus, I feel pretty comfortable with what I've seen from McFadden and Morris.
    I think McFadden can more than shoulder the load for the 6 games. Anyone will look good with our line if they keep playing like they have been. He's still got a pretty low amount of carries for his career even though he just turned 30 (early career injuries and what not). Still, I'd rather see Zeke out there carving up defenses. Here's to hoping that the 5% chance the courts eliminate his suspension comes to fruition! (And that Ezekiel really didn't do it).

Sounds like NFL should've listened to their lead investigator from jump! Zeke plays all season!
    #BringBackMatty

OK, then, I'd feel better if Zeke plays the entire season, rather than get the 6 game rest.

I think McFadden can more than shoulder the load for the 6 games. Anyone will look good with our line if they keep playing like they have been. He's still got a pretty low amount of carries for his career even though he just turned 30 (early career injuries and what not). Still, I'd rather see Zeke out there carving up defenses. Here's to hoping that the 5% chance the courts eliminate his suspension comes to fruition! (And that Ezekiel really didn't do it).
    I hear ya. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now because the details of that case are so muddled with the texts. But, I generally do not like it when any of our players get involved in that kind of thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast