Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,472

    Preseason Week 1: Denver Broncos (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0)



    Preseason Week 1



    (0_ -_ 0)______________________ (0_ -_0)

    Denver___________Chicago

    _____@ _______




    Thursday, August 10th, 6:00 PM MT / 8:00 PM ET
    Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois






    TEAM LEADERS:


    VS

    PASSING:

    Trevor Siemian - COMP 289 / ATT 486 / TD 18 / INT 10 / YDS 3401
    Mike Glennon - COMP 10 / ATT 11 / TD 1 / INT 0 / YDS 75



    VS

    RUSHING:

    Devontae Booker - ATT 174 / YDS 612 / AVG 3.5 / TD 4
    Jordan Howard - ATT 252 / YDS 1313 / AVG 5.2 / TD 6



    VS

    RECEIVING:

    Demaryius Thomas - REC 90 / YDS 1083 / AVG 12.0 / TD 5
    Cameron Meredith - REC 66 / YDS 888 / AVG 13.5 / TD 4



    VS

    TACKLES:

    Todd Davis - SOLO 63 / AST 33 / TOT 96
    Jerrell Freeman - SOLO 86 / AST 24 / TOT 110



    VS

    SACKS:

    Von Miller - SACKS 13.5 / FF 3
    Willie Young - SACKS 7.5 / FF 1



    VS

    INTERCEPTIONS:

    Aqib Talib - INT 3 (T-2) / PD 12 / TD 1
    Tracy Porter - INT 2 (T-2) / PD 9 / TD 0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,472
    We'll see about the others, but I figured I get a GT up for the first game of the year. All the stats are from last year as you could probably tell.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,744
    Thanks Mud! I love it. Can't wait for football to be back!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,472
    Of course. My contribution has been weak lately, the least I could do.

    I'm excited for this game. Forget the QB battle, still a lot of offensive battles going on. I really want to see De'Angelo Henderson tbh and he should get a good amount of carries. And Ridley has been making noise. Thompson too. I could really see Booker getting cut. The Derby/Huermam fight is intriguing. The 3rd WR. A lot up in the air.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,524
    Oh sweet baby jesus a game thread. Oh how I missed this.

    A ton of battles going. That interior o-line battle is something to watch (Garcia, Barbre, McGovern, Turner all vying for one spot).

    Booker is not getting cut. No way. If DeAngelo is the real deal then they might make something up with Booker's injury and put him on IR to stash him away. It's not wise to cut Booker just so we can keep Charles for a year.

    Derby is our top dog at TE until proven otherwise..in fact the only one who is going to unseat him is Butt...but I'll give Huerman a shot to see if he's legit. Derby is going to KILL IT in this system. He's tailor made for it.


    They say it's Fowler's #3 WR to lose...Carlos may start off slow but he'll pick it up. I just got that feeling. By midseason..he'll force the coaching staff to play him more.

    All I need to see is just one carry to see if DeAngelo has "it" or not. All it took was 1 to tell if C.J was real or not. You can't fabricate burst.

    Of course, I'll be paying very close attention to Demarcus so I can tell Cy to chill with the selection (). I don't think Gotsis is going to play much but if he does...that's a focus point. Kerr to watch for.

    The game will probably be getting really boring in the 4th or so with the 4th stringers. Jarrett be one to watch. That safety from Miami..Jamal Carter the name I think. If you are in the Sloter hype..then him. Would of been interesting if Chad Kelly was healthy though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    new podcast up btw if you guys have been following to our offseason set of roster deep dive. did WR.

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Of course, I'll be paying very close attention to Demarcus so I can tell Cy to chill with the selection ().
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/6Q3M4BIK0lX44/giphy.gif

    Edit: the fact this posts as a link instead of a GIF is one reason PSD is dying

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,744
    So Siemian starts this preseason game, and Lynch starts vs. the 49ers according to VJ. Also according to VJ, no QB is ahead right now.


    According to me, both QBs suck.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,524
    Starters will play AT MOST 3 series. Each QB about..a quarter and some change.

    I don't know if the 3 series thing will pertain to Bolles. I'm thinking he'll be in there for both Siemian and Lynch...so the entire first half. Should get plenty of looks at him.

    Jarrett should play a ton. Huerman/Derby should get plenty of looks. McGovern/Barbe. Watson might not last long but would like to see him play a bit.

    Carlos should get plenty of burn as well as De'angelo so that's a fun thing to watch out for. Langely/Doss seem to be having some sort of competition so that's something.

    Waiting patiently...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,472
    Less than 24 hours away now. The way the last week has gone, no way Siemian couldn't have started. Lynch probably shouldn't even have already been named started in week 2. I'm glad he is though. If Lynch is going to win the job, it is and always was going to be in preseason.

    For Lynch, obviously there's a lot of room to grow. Go through more than one progression. Don't stare that first progression down. Don't automatically scramble when first read is gone. Have a solid completion rate with missing short throws. Hit on those bombs rather than overthrowing them. More TDs than picks. Avoid dumb*** decisions. The bar is low. I'm disappointed where he's at, but I'm not jumping ship yet and I wasn't thrilled when we drafted him. Why? Cause it was widely known he was raw as hell coming out. He wasn't going to be ready year 1. Year 2 was even a question. Add Kubiak's lack of effort to bring him along as a rookie, no one should be shocked to see where he's at.

    As far as Siemian, I hope he plays trying to win the job. Go for the knockout punch. Be aggressive. And I hope McCoy enforces that. I hope he gets killed for throwing it 5+ yards behind the sticks on 3rd down rather than taking a chance to make a play, especially on must have situations. I want him to play very well. Really do. He has the arm talent to make big plays contrary to the Alex Smith comparison, but the mind must be willing. However, I would rather him play like utter **** tomorrow and the rest of preseason than go 8/12 for 100 yards with 0 TDs/INTs and 3-4 first downs.

    That Siemian isn't good enough to win a SB, let alone the AFC West. That Siemian is good enough to screw us out of an amazing QB class though. Lynch will be crap initially and may be crap the whole year. But at least we will know. And if he's crap, we 're in the run for a one of those QBs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Less than 24 hours away now. The way the last week has gone, no way Siemian couldn't have started. Lynch probably shouldn't even have already been named started in week 2. I'm glad he is though. If Lynch is going to win the job, it is and always was going to be in preseason.

    For Lynch, obviously there's a lot of room to grow. Go through more than one progression. Don't stare that first progression down. Don't automatically scramble when first read is gone. Have a solid completion rate with missing short throws. Hit on those bombs rather than overthrowing them. More TDs than picks. Avoid dumb*** decisions. The bar is low. I'm disappointed where he's at, but I'm not jumping ship yet and I wasn't thrilled when we drafted him. Why? Cause it was widely known he was raw as hell coming out. He wasn't going to be ready year 1. Year 2 was even a question. Add Kubiak's lack of effort to bring him along as a rookie, no one should be shocked to see where he's at.

    As far as Siemian, I hope he plays trying to win the job. Go for the knockout punch. Be aggressive. And I hope McCoy enforces that. I hope he gets killed for throwing it 5+ yards behind the sticks on 3rd down rather than taking a chance to make a play, especially on must have situations. I want him to play very well. Really do. He has the arm talent to make big plays contrary to the Alex Smith comparison, but the mind must be willing. However, I would rather him play like utter **** tomorrow and the rest of preseason than go 8/12 for 100 yards with 0 TDs/INTs and 3-4 first downs.

    That Siemian isn't good enough to win a SB, let alone the AFC West. That Siemian is good enough to screw us out of an amazing QB class though. Lynch will be crap initially and may be crap the whole year. But at least we will know. And if he's crap, we 're in the run for a one of those QBs.
    The Lynch stuff is highly made up by the media. Of course he's still raw. Kubiak **** the bed with him last year. Kubiak and Denison made zero attempts to actually help Lynch out. The guy is a gamer though so we'll see where he's at. But there was a pretty big difference between what I saw with my own eyes when I went to a couple training camp sessions and what the media reported. Honestly from my perception, Siemian was the better QB but it's because of things he's learned from those 14 starts last year.... Things that a QB can only get better at by playing.

    You touched on my biggest issue with Siemian. He CAN make every throw that he needs to. He's mobile enough that he CAN run if the pocket breaks down.... He just chooses not to. He's as gutless a QB that you can have in the NFL. I expect him to throw short of the sticks on 3rd down tomorrow because he did it several times just during the scrimmage that I was at last Saturday. You'll have an easier time changing the stripes on a zebra than getting Siemian to grasp the killer instinct.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,524
    Anyone who takes that type of beating can not be considered gutless. Worst shoulder separation you can get. Bum foot. He was running early and in the first KC game.

    Just because you're more inclined to throw it deeper...doesn't make you a better QB. Throwing deep incompletions doesn't make you any better than Brock Osweiler.

    Running around like a chicken with its head cut off doesn't make you any better than Tim Tebow.

    Siemian needs to do what every young QB needs to do...go through his progressions. Read defenses. At Cinci, when he recognized 1 on 1's....he hit Bay-Bay. His issues are reading defenses...not that he's "gutless."

    I'm willing to wager once he recognizes this stuff. He'll take plenty of shots. It's film study. It's playbook knowledge.

    Who can run it better.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,744
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Anyone who takes that type of beating can not be considered gutless. Worst shoulder separation you can get. Bum foot. He was running early and in the first KC game.

    Just because you're more inclined to throw it deeper...doesn't make you a better QB. Throwing deep incompletions doesn't make you any better than Brock Osweiler.

    Running around like a chicken with its head cut off doesn't make you any better than Tim Tebow.

    Siemian needs to do what every young QB needs to do...go through his progressions. Read defenses. At Cinci, when he recognized 1 on 1's....he hit Bay-Bay. His issues are reading defenses...not that he's "gutless."

    I'm willing to wager once he recognizes this stuff. He'll take plenty of shots. It's film study. It's playbook knowledge.

    Who can run it better.
    Gutless in terms of QB play... Not in terms of a football player. You're fooling yourself if you think Siemian will ever "Take plenty of shots". That's not the player he was at Northwestern, and that's not the player he's been with the Broncos. It's no coincidence that red zone issues have plagued Siemian since college.... Sure he's not solely responsible for our issues last year, but the fact remains that every single offense that Siemian has led going back to his college days, have struggled to score touchdowns in the redzone.

    He's afraid to make a play. He's afraid to take a chance. That's also why he constantly throws a four yard pass on third and long. What's funny is that early on in camp, he was trying to take shots, and he was struggling... He "Improved" when he stopped doing that and went back to the player we suffered though watching for an entire season last year. Hell even just on Monday he was picked off because he chose not to throw to a wide open Latimer down field in favor of making a short throw to a covered Bennie Fowler (Who fell on the play).

    Siemian will never be the guy you hope he will be. He'll never take plenty of shots... He's just not comfortable mentally doing that. He's a game manager in the truest sense of the title. Philosophically he never tries to win games.... He tries not to lose them.

    That Cincinnati game is an outlier and not indicative of his performance as a QB. Of the twelve completions he had of over 20 yards last year, 3 of them came from that game alone. If you're holding up hope that we will see that version of Siemian more regularly, I'm sorry to tell you that it's not likely.

    Here's a good write up of Siemian's long ball

    https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...-deep-throwing

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post

    That Siemian isn't good enough to win a SB, let alone the AFC West. That Siemian is good enough to screw us out of an amazing QB class though. Lynch will be crap initially and may be crap the whole year. But at least we will know. And if he's crap, we're in the run for a one of those QBs.
    man... this is my big fear

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,142
    siemian just reminds me so much of brian hoyer

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •